A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
870 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mature topic-ladies eco-flow busters*** MORE PICS ADDED!***  (Read 137947 times)
Tags for this thread: tampon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftycarpy
« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2010 03:00:34 PM »

This looks really interesting, I may whip up a few to try out as well!

Also, being a sciency type, you mentioned drying them out in the sun on the window sill? I don't know if anyone has mentioned this (I tried reading all 28 pages but it was getting a bit epic at about 18) glass filters out UV rays, you need direct sunlight if you want decent UV exposure, also the ozone filters UVC waves (the strongest type of UV) I don't know if these would be the type that are used in the lab to kill bacteria but there are lots of bacteria that live happily outside in the sun so... I shall do some research if that would be useful Smiley

I did read an article about a school in Africa (I think it was somewhere in North Africa) that left bottles of water out in the sun to sterilise the water to make it drinkable, I don't know if it was JUST the sun, or the combination of the sun and the plastic bottles that did it. Anywho this requires greater research!

edit: UV kills bacteria by messing up it's DNA I quote from WikiAnswers "UV light waves are of high energy, and can break the bonds in DNA, causing problems including death"<--- well I suppose death is a problem... this is the same reason why everyone should wear sun cream including people who tan and have dark skin, it messes with your DNA and gives you wrinkles no matter what your skin tone! If getting cancer doesn't put you off, think of the wrinkles!! Anyway this is completely off topic, I found that germicidal UV lights that you can by emit UVC waves, so sorry the UV from the sun just isn't going to cut it!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010 05:34:16 PM by craftycarpy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pretty good at lots of things, expert at nothing, makes life interesting!
Muria
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2011 08:55:35 AM »

I know this is really old, but I was just reading elsewhere today that some gynocologists recommend tampons for bladder incontinence. Someone else replied that they didn't want to have to buy tons of tampons, so I suggested these.  I thought it might be useful to the ladies here as well, should any suffer from stress incontinence.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
alisaterry
« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2011 01:18:02 AM »

Now that you ladies have been using these for a while, what say you? I just made my first re-useable menstrual pads and I could also like to make some crochet tampons. Are they comfortable? Do they get scratchy or dry? What has been your favorite yarn? Has anyone tried wool?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practice Militant Cuddling
NavyBlue4Eight

If it wasn't for this anchor...

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 11, 2011 07:55:14 PM »

I just saw this for the first time today as it has recently gotten bumped back to the first page (I wasn't on Craftster for the original discussion). 
What an excellent idea.  My DH and I are constantly looking for ways to save money and produce less waste, and quality commercial products are so darn expensive - especially when one has a very heavy and long time of it.  I asked my DH (around page 11) if he would be okay with me using home made items for my time of the month, and he said, "no".  Bless his heart. 
I have cotton yarn and some old t-shirts (and flannel scraps) I can experiment with until I have time to look for some organic yarn.  I'm almost (almost!) looking forward to my next cycle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to French Braid
How to Do a Headband Braid
How to Do a Kinky Twist
How to Fake Side-Swept Bangs
How to Ask for the Style You Want at the Salon
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...