A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 306,084
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mature topic-ladies eco-flow busters*** MORE PICS ADDED!***  (Read 174316 times)
Tags for this thread: tampon  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: September 18, 2006 04:25:46 PM »

I say give it a try! I have never used one of those things BUT I think it would be perfect!!! Let us know if you do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
muguet
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2006 08:28:46 PM »

So this is kind of unrelated, but not totally....

I bought some unbleached pads from a natural grocery store (they sell organic foods and such) and they didn't work very well.  The sticky on them was barely effective and therefore they moved, causing obvious problems.  Hopefully, the other brand they had was better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://muguet.wordpress.com/

And the essential wistlist:
www.wists.com/muguet

Recycle your books and get new ones! PaperBack Swap
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #192 on: September 18, 2006 09:38:38 PM »

Gah! Yikes! not a great product it sounds like! I would take them back or even shoot the company a little comment card (e-mail or snail mail!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
macabrechaos
« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2006 12:25:47 PM »

what if you froze them in a litle baggie wouldnt that kill all the germs becuse if you do that to sneakers it kills the oder causeing germs in them and they wont stink would that work with sanatizing them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my hobbies are  crochet sewing embriodery craft felt drawing painting comic books short stories poetry reading a hampster a mouse and a guinea pig soft toy and doll making clothes piano  maybe in the near future violin needle felting knitting  cross stitch another guinea pig and some new langauges
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2006 01:43:53 PM »

Ooo, I like your thinking!!! I am not a scientist myself, so I am not sure how that would work... I mean, there are lots of things you can freeze that will come back to life after they are unfrozen (I can only think of what infertile couples do sometimes...) I don't know... It would be a good question for a biologist.... hello? any bio majors out there???

THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
muguet
« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2006 09:21:50 PM »

Hmm...I can't give any credible scientific info, but I doubt freezing alone in a household freezer would be enough...Maybe you could freeze things after doing heat sanitation to help keep them sanitized, but as javastain said, let's ask a biologist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://muguet.wordpress.com/

And the essential wistlist:
www.wists.com/muguet

Recycle your books and get new ones! PaperBack Swap
cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2006 11:22:00 PM »

Hydrogen peroxide wont sterilize anything. At the most, it will disinfect. Theres a big difference.

(Thanks, beauty school test on infection control! We hairdressers are almost doctors, you know.)

Disinfection will kill some, but not all bacteria. NOT counting viruses or spores.

Sterilization is the act of eliminating everyyyyyyything. Viruses and spores dont stand a chance.

I read this on Wikipedia under "sterilization" and found this:

Cooking food until the CORE TEMPERATURE is 75C or above will ensure that harmful bacteria are destroyed.

I'm sure that this is applicable to most things.

All in all, I think we're all pretty aware that our tampons aren't sterile in the first place. Our gineys are made to withstand a lot, so I'm sure that all but the toughtest of germs will not make it rot from the inside out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
catTM
« Reply #197 on: September 20, 2006 12:46:46 AM »

Freezing will not be enough to sanitize the tampons. Bacteria such as Staph aureus (whose toxin causes TSS) will not grow in freezing temperatures, but will not die either, and once thawed they can start mulitplying again. Most important of all, the toxin produced by Staph aureus is very resistant to freezing, so it won't be affected by it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\  /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
He is on his way to world domination, one signature at a time!
(Copy and paste to help him take over the world)
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #198 on: September 20, 2006 09:02:27 AM »

Freezing will not be enough to sanitize the tampons. Bacteria such as Staph aureus (whose toxin causes TSS) will not grow in freezing temperatures, but will not die either, and once thawed they can start mulitplying again. Most important of all, the toxin produced by Staph aureus is very resistant to freezing, so it won't be affected by it.
oooo, thanks smarty  Grin! I am glad to hear someone out there knows about staph a. and how it 'acts'!!! Creepy little buggers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
fabricfightsfire
« Reply #199 on: September 21, 2006 02:51:31 PM »

im not sure what they're called, but those circular things wqith sticks cominjg out of them. You wrap it then pull it off or something... well w/e the right size could make one of these really quickly ( ill look for the name )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 27, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Making Pom Poms
Your Dog Oughta Be In Pictures

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...