A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: unconditional swap march  (Read 13135 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006 01:11:05 PM »

I'm Alison. I'm in Texas. Here are my wishes:

1. A newsboy cap in a dark and/or tweedy fabric. I tried crocheting one for myself, and it was a *disaster*. The only thing is, I seem to have a really large head and most commercial hats don't fit me (not knit hats, but, like fedoras and stuff), so if you're working from a pattern, you may have to tweak it. Just PM me for measurements.

2. A needle-felting starter kit.

3. A mix CD of songs from musicals - Broadway shows, movie musicals, cartoons, whatever. Just to give you an idea of what I like, some of my favorite musicals are Rent, Wicked, Jesus Christ Superstar, Chicago, Cabaret, and the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer Wink. Thank you, ember77!

My favorite colors these days are hot pink, black, orange, brown, and green. I like pretty much anything vintage, particularly anything from the Twenties to the Fifties. My style is pretty casual, with rocker girl and boho tendencies. I guess that's all the relevant stuff I have to share.

Yay, Unconditional Swaps!

Alison
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006 05:59:40 AM by redheadedali » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
almostascone
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006 01:48:00 PM »

I'm in Chicago, IL, USA.

1. Stuffed animal hedgehog, or even a hedgehog themed purse! I love hedgehogs. It doesn't need to be normal hedgehog colored, be creative! If in purse form, I prefer messanger bag type straps; I don't like constantly holding onto a purse that could easily be snatched away.

2. A cupcake hat (for a medium sized head instead of a baby), seen here - http://grandbluedoor.com/knitblog/?cat=3 (about 2/3 way down the page)

3. Sweater boots! I'm a size 7 1/2 women. Color doesn't matter much, just not pink or brown. Turquoise is always nice.

About me: My favorite colors are turquoise and bright yellow, and other generally bright, dark, or off-colors. I love cute little animals, and food, especially chocolate, but I hate bananas and bubblegum. I love Tim Burton and Kevin Smith. I love Invader Zim, JTHM, and especially Firefly/Serenity. I am short. Tongue

Thanks in advance if anyone picks me...
Message me with any questions. n__n
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006 12:43:28 PM by almostascone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/almostascone
chrissy.eew

i think carefully before acting rashly.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2006 02:16:19 PM »

Hi i'm in California,

Here's my wishlist:

1. pillowcases w/a white/burgundy/purple flower thing goin (yes i completely ripped you off simplyfussfree, but it's a great idea!)

2. journal -i'm a constant doodler, writer of nonsense.

3. make-up bag. i'm in total need of a fun, new make-up bag. basically a clutch. should be atleast 6x3x3..i usually carry my foundation stick, makeup wedge, mascara, eyelash curler, random lipglosses, maybe a comb? dunno. its a handful though. Thank you pibbgirl!!!  Eeeeeeeee i'm so excited!

i'm a wierdo combo of girly, punk, cartoon/comic book loving, vintage-inspired, avid movie watching, book nerd, artist with an edge?  that was fun to write.  oh! i <3 hippo's, and i'm in awe of the color combo of grey,white and red.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006 03:24:02 PM by chrissy.eew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

quote of the day: "That techno-rock you guys listen to is gutless." -valley girl

http://agirlnamedcricket.etsy.com
tigergirl
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2006 03:10:52 PM »

I'm in Australia

I'd like

1. Some shrinky dink plastic sheets for me to make cool stuff with (maybe with instructions too, although I'm sure I'd be able to find them on crafster somewhere) would clear be the best for me to start with?

2. A Hat: An earflap hat like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73290.msg688888#msg688888 in black or lots of bright mixed colours (I realise that's a big ask so cable knit isn't necessary if that makes it harder) - acrylic is totally fine with me too. I have a really small head, if that makes it any easier.  Wink

3. A snap cuff like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=2030.0 with a female super hero strip in it, or a dilbert strip (or whatever you think would be good - I'm sure I'll love it!) Yay!! Thanks knottydottie!

Sorry - that was all a bit wordy wasn't it?

About me - I wear black nearly all the time, when I'm not in all black, it's generally because I'm wearing jeans with a black top / sweater. Therefore, I like to have bright, funky, bold accessories. My current fave colour for accessories is orange (spec. orange & pink together - not that I own one pink piece of clothing). I don't really like pastels, fluoros or neons. I ride a motorbike (sportsbike) and I've got little fluffy tiger ears on my helmet - gives all the commuters something to giggle at one their way to and from work (also means I can't go anywhere on my bike incommunicado). I don't like cutesy stuff (apart from tiger ears on hats and helmets of course), and my jewellery is generally the only thing on me that makes a statement - everything else is usually quite simple and understated (hence, the all black). I love crafty stuff - sewing, jewellery making and lots of other random things - I especially like recycling stuff to make funky useful things.

Ok, well, I guess that about wraps it up. If you choose me I'll be eternally grateful. Thanks for wading through it all.

Lou
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006 01:58:08 PM by tigergirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

apandalee
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2006 03:12:22 PM »

I'm in the US, NY state to be exact   Smiley

1. Something Bob the Builder themed:  I am doing my school's robot competition, and my team is called Team Bob in honor of Bob the Builder, (motto: Can fix it? Yes we can!). As one of 2 girls doing the competition I would love to celebrate it in a cute and crafty way, so a Bob/we can fix it, themed T-Shirt, bag, mascot, or some other kind of cute thing I could use to display my roboteer pride would be really cool. lseratt is making me a shirt for this for February which is so awesome! But I figure I can't have too much dorky pride  Grin Thanks Kika62!

2. Yarn: I would love enough cool yarn and the pattern to knit your favorite project! I would say I am up to medium difficulty knitting levels and I love quick patterns that don't take that much yarn. Can't beat that instant gratification.   Grin

3. A surprise: Something you are dying to make but no one else asked for, knitting or jewlery making supplies, artwork, or anything else you can think of. I love surprises! Only thing is I have recieved a lot of scarfs recently, (which I  absolutely loved, yay craftsters),  so I don't really need anymore.

About me: I'm a college student who is majoring in Cognitive Science and Chinese. I love kniting, pandas, Meomi, jewel tones, candy colors, rainbows, tare panda, my Nintendo DS (especially Animal Crossing), asian themed stuff, purses, jewlery, and other cute things. I'm not very hardcore, although I do like urban things, (graffiti, city skylines, etc), but not goth things.  PM me for any other info. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006 01:25:54 PM by apandalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2006 03:34:13 PM »

I am in New York

Wish 1 a journal - my only two requests are that the pages aren't all lined (blank is better, since i draw a lot) and that it has a pretty good size to it, as i go through journals like water! otherwise, feel free to go nuts with it. Thank you Sara!

Wish 2 something banjo themed. i don't really care what it is, anything would make me happy... and if you've got a banjo you'd like to get rid of, i'll take it! Wink

Wish 3 a hipslinger / fanny pack that would be big enough to hold a few small tools (screw drivers, nails, knife, etc) - this would be SO helpful for my new job!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31379.0

About  me: Right now I'm living in New York, where the weather is confused and really should make up its mind. Most of my free time is spent crafting; sewing, knitting, printmaking, and making huge messes. When I'm not doing that, I'm playing outside and helping animals. Instead of listing favorites here, I'm going to post my swap info page for a better idea of my tastes / likes and dislikes - it's a lot easier than taking up a ton of space on craftster. It can be found here: http://plush-octops.livejournal.com/12357.html

Thanks in advance!

Note; March 10th! Just in case anyone who picked me reads this - I'm moving on the 17th, if you need my new address please let me know (or the organizer, she'll have it to), I'm glad to send it along Smiley Thank you !
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006 09:19:16 PM by jaami » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
simplysara

I cut the cheese the best!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2006 04:24:16 PM »

I am in San Diego, California, USA

My wishes:

1.  A vegan starter kit.  I've been a vegetarian for 15 years and though I've tried many times to become vegan, it is now inevitable due to medical necessity.  Recipes, anecdotes, favorite vegan (non-perishable obviously) items that I should know about, a used book you want to pass along, a collage of reasons I should be vegan etc, lists of things that seem vegan that aren't.  Whatever helped you, that you think will help me.   THANK YOU PORFIRY!!!

2.  A bag and/or needle roll for my growing knitting collection

3.  Surprise me!

I am 29, I do yoga, am trying to be healthier and am trying to train for my first sprint triathlon.  I believe in recycling, burning man, and reusing and redoing things to breathe new life.  I love music, Jeff Buckley, Nina Simone, Hooverphonic, Groove Armada, Tosca, Rufus Wainwright, Teddy Thompson, the list goes on and on (though a theme seems to be that I love the music created by children of 60's folk stars)  I have three turtles that I rescued, otherwise I have mixed feelings about the morality of having pets.  I am a writer, and I am *hopefully* about to transfer to a University to finish my English degree.  I swing toward the radical left in politics and I have hope for a better future.  I am learning to knit.  I'd like to learn bead work.  I love to read, Tom Robbins, Milan Kundera, David Sedaris are all favorites (but that list is long too, I really try not to read anything that has ever been featured on Oprah). 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006 10:42:24 AM by simplysara » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2006 06:27:15 PM »

I'm in northern California
-cute stuffy food.
Maybe bacon, or pickles (which I love, but  not too phallic  Wink ) or donuts or cake
THANK YOU!!

- I need a belt that is black or with black accents. All my belts have either tan, brown or navy accents.

- A circle purse or one of those totes where the handles are part of the bag and loop around your shoulders. I think those are so cool.

About me: 28  year old grad student who spends way too much time on craftster at my desk, instead of where I should be- at my bench doing experiments. I love all animals and animal motifs. Owls and all birds, forest animals, cats etc.. Nature stuff and city artsy stuff too. I love all colors, but probably bright ones over pastels, but earthy ones are great too especially for a nature theme. I also prefer off colors to primaries- ie turquiose over navy blue. I love any old, vintage, retro and mod looking stuff and patterns- but I really like modern stuff too. I love old vintagy stuff like adds ie- fruit crate labels and pin ups. I love when prissy crafts are mixes with racy stuff ie an embroidered pin up- I think that really represents what us awesome craftsters are up to. I also love food stuff, sushi, meat, sweet stuff etc.. probably cause I love food! And I love stuff from other cultures, like asian fabrics and all that amazing Mexicana stuff I've been seeing in the galleries.
Dislikes- just cut up books, and I really don't need any more journals. I just have too many and I'd hate for you to work on something I just can't use. And I am currently overloaded with bookmarks and stitch markers too- although I love all the ones I've been given up till now.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2006 03:51:03 PM by Bobolink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
padray
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2006 08:44:55 PM »

I am in the US (in SC).
Here's my list: 

1 A stencilled tee or hoodie or hooded tee! (Yup, I'm a dork.) YAY! Grin I'm so excited, I got picked! Thank you, onecraftybitch!!!
2  A hip belt, like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47995.0, maybe with d-rings? Or velcro?
3  A surcee! That's a small surprise, in kid-speak. Wink I friggin' got picked twice!!! Thanks, apandalee!

A little about me:  I'm very casual; jeans most days.  I like and wear black, greens, and blues a lot.  I don't like gold or pastels; I like yellow and orange in very small doses.  I like: coffee, turtles, monkeys, pirates/sailors, 80s cartoons, 50s style designs (housewife kitsch), stars, and skullys.  For anything else please stalk or PM me. Wink  Thank you in advance! 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006 01:35:46 PM by padray » THIS ROCKS   Logged
daydreamer13579
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006 09:11:11 PM »

I am in WV US.

1. Fabric for kids quilts. Cotton or cotton blend preferred. At least 6 in squares.
2. paper and ephemera, stickers, stamps etc for card making, collage, altered books--Vintage images, beach/ocean, celestial or pinup girls

3. yarn

I love blues and purples. The ocean is my favorite place to be. I spend a lot of time either crafting or on craftster. I sew, do a lot of paper related stuff, newbie crocheter, paint, polymer clay, ATC's,  photography.  If you need more info PM me.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006 06:31:45 PM by daydreamer13579 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Optimize the Color Setting in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Setup Preferences in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Advanced Adobe Photoshop CS3 Series
How to Save and Share the Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Button Mode in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...