A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
522 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fat Girl/Guy Swap Round 2 Gallery  (Read 8600 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

j_en

Just stumbling through and trying my best.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2006 12:39:24 PM »

Dear Mommabear,  I am so ecstatic that you like your stuff.  To make up for the shrug not fitting I am busily getting something done with the itsy-bitsy pieces of that fabric that I still have, and I think you'll like it!  Pinnacles wouldn't let me throw those pieces away, and in return she's blessed me with *an idea*!

By the way, if Pinnacles ever gets too bossy, you can always remind her that you've seen her empty-headed and in her underwear:

yep, she wears a tiny little corset with real lacings up the back too
Once again, I am so pleased that you liked it.  It was a long way out of my comfort zone to try this but it had to be done because it had been inspired by YOU.
Love from Jen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2006 07:08:01 PM »

Jen, thank you for showing me that.  I had not discovered the corset because when I pick up a doll and look under her dress the kids tease me.  So when I picked up the doll and looked under her dress my son teased me so I stopped inspecting her under and I missed the cutest undergarment.  Well I say phooey on the kids, I need to see the cute undergarments. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Freegranny
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006 07:16:39 PM »

I was privileged to see all of Mommabear's treasures and I can tell you it was all wonderful, but the most wonderful thing of all was how special it made her feel. There was also a get well card for me in the box and I just want to thanks you so much en for the lovely and thoughtful card. Thank you so much. Freegranny
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006 08:09:35 PM »

Oh! I hope granny gets to feeling better very, very soon...

The "love your peaches" thing is from the Steve Miller song "the Joker"... the full line is "really love your peaches, wanna shake your tree." Peaches are sweet and round and juicy and so are we! So that's where it's from...

Thank y'all for the compliments... the journal is just a paper bag album with various papers and goodies added...

<3 love and best wishes for y'all.

www.LoveYourPeaches.com  is an AWESOME plus & supersize clothing site.  Hert stuff it incredible, she uses great fabrics, fun styles... check it out girls!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taped_on_wings
Queen of ill-fated physical comedy

Leave the politics to madmen

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2006 08:21:10 PM »

I got my package from music_queen today.  Unfortunately, my camera's being a jerk, but I got a purple tote with 'I *heart* me' painted on the front and the curvy mudflap girl on the back, a set of Hilda notecards, and a 'Love Your Body' mix cd - which I'm listening to right now! 

Thanks! And I'll try to post pics tomorrow...
~K
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.robotheartsquid.etsy.com
http://www.wists.com/taped_on_wings
http://theonlyevidence.blogspot.com/

Before birds get sucked into jet engines, do they ever think, "Is that Rod Stewart in first class?" ~Eddie Izzard
earth mama diva

"She's crafty-that's what I like" - Beastie Boys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2006 12:02:07 AM »

I just entered what I believe is the last of the feedbacks.

Please check your profiles and let me know if your status is still "in progress"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.--Dr. Suess
j_en

Just stumbling through and trying my best.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2006 07:15:07 AM »

At the end of what I could truly describe as one of the most harrowing days of my life I received Mommabear's swap package!  I am afraid I haven't put enough time into getting pictures which will do it justice, but I don't want to take any longer to post to the gallery - although we had mutually agreed to post late I did receive this bountiful box of good cheer on the Wednesday before Easter.  So, here goes:
The "major piece" was a Thai Fisherwoman's Skirt made from the tutorial at http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=57160.0.  This was made from a white cotton drill fabric with an allover print of pale green and occasional dark/teal green of the text "X-Large".  The waist features a lace edging in red and the entire garment is stitched with red to co-ordinate with the edging.
There is heaps - and I mean heaps - of fabric in this skirt.  My arms were barely long enough to hold it out to the sides like it shows in the tutorial, however this means it feels very comfy once you get wrapped up in it.  Excuse the dopey look on my face - lack of sleep isn't my best look.

Mommabear didn't stop at a skirt though - there is a fabulous top as well!  It is in a teal green to match the print on the skirt, features red topstitching throughout for a professional finish, and across the front it has a combination of stencilling and applique which reads "Because X-Large Is Better".  The "X-Large" is an expertly finished piece of applique from the fabric used for the skirt, while the rest has been stencilled using a font reminiscent of that used on cargo boxes.  Here it is, with another gormless look from me:

Okay, so the outfit also has jewellery to match.  Correction: a choice of jewellery to match!  Long dangle earrings which came in their own velvet pouch:

And then there is another set of jewellery, two pair of earrings plus a necklace, but Mommabear has asked me not to post pictures as there is another lucky Craftster who is set to receive something similar in a current swap....  oooooh I just bet that anyone currently involved in a swap with Mommabear is tingling now!
Don't imagine it could stop there... not when there's a scarf to match as well!

You will see that little doll nestled amid the luxuriant fibres of the exotic scarf - well she is a cute and chubby little girl called a "Shortie" by Mattel.  I've not seen anything like it in Australian shops (my eldest daughter is into Bratz) but I feel like I've got my own doll with 'tude now!  BTW, I had always thought it was funny that the Bratz dolls' feet come off in order to change their shoes, but this doll's whole body comes off in order to change her clothes!  Imagine how good it would be if you'd abused one body with too much labour, drink, stress or whatever, and could just put on your spare!
Mommabear must have worn herself out because she also made time to crochet two beautiful coasters, beaded and beautiful.  I showed them to a friend and said "they are too good to ever use as coasters - I think I'll sew them onto a bag or something, so I can show them off". Here they are:

Plus a closeup of the beading:

For pampering purposes there was included a cocoa candle (it smells divine) and some almond soap (it smells just like marzipan and Mommabear would have had no way of knowing, but anything almond is an especial weakness of mine).  There were also numerous small sachets of perfume wipes, tiny lipsticks, eyeshadows (which were in my colours, no less!) and even the sachets were presented in an extra special home-made envelope (and for your information, folks, that yellow paper envelope is stitched and features a real satin bow!):

I'm lacking a picture of the rest of the lipsticks, etc I mentioned above - the battery on my camera ran out while I was at this task.
The entire package was accompanied by copious amounts of fragrant wrap, a wonderful letter which made me feel very special and had obviously taken time to compose and present so beautifully, plus a card as well.  All so very wonderful.  So very special.  So thoughtful.  Surely an apt description of the package's creator?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012 10:11:56 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
mommabear1963

« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2006 07:35:42 AM »

Jen, you are so poetic.  When I start selling my stuff online I want you to write the descriptions.  You know I am convinced that God has a plan even in my lateness sometimes and even in the way that the postal service works.  He knew that you would need something special on a specific day.

Ha Ha, the coasters are bath scrubbies.  I got the idea for them off of a post here on craftster also.  And they can be used they are very easy but if you want to decorate with them, that will be great too I am sure. 

Here are a couple of pictures of the outfit

remember Penelope (the dress form) does not have the curves that we do so she does not fill it out very well.

Yes it does have a lot of fabric.  I got so worried about makeing it too small (the tutorial was pretty small) so I made it probably bigger than I needed to.  Also I doubled the waist band so that it would not be the wrong side of the fabric showing when you folded the waist over.  So yea, a lot of material.  I hope it doesn't make it too heavy or so hot that you can't wear it.

Here is another close up of the waist, by the way, it helps if you can get someone to help you put it on, it took two of us to put it on Penelope

A close up of the shirt

I am glad that you liked your package and that it brough you a little cheer at a difficult time.  And thank you for all of your encouraging words.  Love Mommabear
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2007 02:52:44 PM »

We are doing another round, if you loved this one come and join us.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=153109.msg1522935;topicseen#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cheesy Pizza Dip Recipe
Tips on Making Buffalo Wings
How to Make Dixie Bell Cornbread Dressing
Dirty Rice Recipe
Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...