A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,612
Currently Running With Scissors:
829 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need ideas for care package (img heavy!)  (Read 829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinFish
« on: February 28, 2006 10:28:24 PM »

Okay. *deep breath* here goes my first real post...

Hello!
I'm making a "care package" for my long distance boyfriend. It's kind of sad, we've been long distance for a year and a half and I've only made him two things previous to now ( a journal and a scarf)... and he's moving back up here in a month. Geh. Well, anyway, I've made a few things for the package- some fake antidepressants, because he gets depressed but doesn't want to take real ones, so I made him some sculpey ones with cute lovey things written on them, and a prescription bottle with a new label that says "read one pill as needed for depression:

and four "songpages" because I'm terrible at writing love letters, so I made these scrapbooky- type things wherein I took the lyrics of cute songs about long distance relationships and staying strong and whatever and put together little pages that match the song...

The first one is the song "Goodnight Starlight" by Juliana Theory.

The second is "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service. The little people are made out of sculpey, and are made like puzzle pieces because of the line "I have to speculate that God himself Did make us into corresponding shapes like Puzzle pieces from the clay"... and they're on top of a mountain because of the chorus.

Third is "The Best of Me" by the Starting Line.

And fourth is "If All Else Fails" by Matchbook Romance. This one's my favorite. I LOVE how the little paper doll-girl came out.

Well anyway, my question is this: I need to send this package soon, or he'll already be up here. What else could I make that wouldn't take long? the package just seems too empty! I'm gonna write a real letter tomorrow and stick it in there, too, but I'm at a loss for other things.
Any input would be greatly appreciated... oh, and comments/critiques on what's already here would be welcome, too!

Thanks!!
Bex
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010 04:16:19 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexbean
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006 10:36:46 PM »

if you have pop can tabs laying around a bracelet is quick, and done with heavy string looks really masculine.

maybe... fortune cookies. if you don't have time to make your own, you can buy some, pull out the fortunes with tweezers (not super easy, but it does work. i've done it several times) and replace with fun/romantic/sexy fortunes

i'll keep thinking...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommysalami
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006 11:27:06 PM »

I always think food is a good idea.  Maybe tiny food-like cookies the size of a penny or tiny loaves of bread or something equally silly looking that might mail well.  Add a corny note about how you feel so small without him or something like that.  I'm not so good with the verse.  Or you could always just send a couple of regular sized cookies that you made in funny shapes-or regular cookie shapes.

A deck of cards with your face collaged on all the queens and his face collaged on all the kings....and the jokers?

I'm probably only good for corny ideas.

If you had more time i would suggest boudoir photos of yourself-real or photoshopped.  Even really fake photoshopped ones are pretty fun-especially if you find a photo with a couple that you could shop in his and your face.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bamabee
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006 12:05:26 AM »

how about a picture of you with your arm around a cardboard cut-out guy that says "wish you were here" or something equally cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CLAP 2 SEPTEMBRE
German Shepherd/Chow Chow Filmed in High Definition
How to Make a Smooth Rock Music Video
How to Make a Stop-Motion Animation Brick Film
How to Make an Infomercial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...