A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,557
Currently Running With Scissors:
745 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Fave Character Swap (SIGNUPS 5/14 - 5/28; MAIL BY 6/19/06)  (Read 18984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 19, 2006 11:52:30 AM »

SeeMe - remember to send me and your partner some kind of confirmation that you sent.  Do you have a customs # on your receipt?  You sent to the US, right?  You should have a customs #.  That's your insurance just in case (heaven forbid) something happen to your package.  Make sure to get that to me so that I can note that you followed all the rules. Smiley

Dawn

Yup! Got the reciept thingy right in my drawer--will be sending a picture of it (my scanner sux0rs) as soon as my digicam's battery recharges. ^_^

ETA: Actually, I odon't think thre is a custom's number on my reciept. I just have a copy of the form that got taped to my box. If there's a cusoms number on it, I have no idea where it is.  --and I've never seen one with a customs number. I could have got a whatchakallit, uh,  confirmation number, but it would have cost like 40$ to send it... Sorry, but yeah... can't afford that for shipping!

(canada post likes to have sex with its customers. forcibly.)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006 12:03:18 PM by SeeMe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: June 19, 2006 12:04:26 PM »

okay, I wasn't sure how Canada post worked.  Scary, eh?  Just keep your receipt just in case, okay?  I've got you down as Sent.  Don't send me the copy unless there's a problem, just keep it handy.

Thanks for understanding!
Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ourglasslake
« Reply #262 on: June 19, 2006 02:00:06 PM »

*collapses* I finished everything ans sent it off today! Yay me! And tonight I will sleep like I haven't slept in weeks! Hooray!

Holy crap, that's making me anxious. I mean, I worked pretty hard on your stuff, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. O.o
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SeeMe

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2006 06:03:56 PM »

*collapses* I finished everything ans sent it off today! Yay me! And tonight I will sleep like I haven't slept in weeks! Hooray!

Holy crap, that's making me anxious. I mean, I worked pretty hard on your stuff, but I didn't lose any sleep over it. O.o

It's okay. I'm an insomniac anyways. Now I just had something to actually do besides stare at the wall, or my computer, or try to go back to sleep. Plus I was working on a deadline, and really, I don't know how to make less than two hour crafts. I mean, even the thing I sewed which is small took forever, lol, had to learn to sew! Don't be anxious! I do not want to cause stress!

okay, I wasn't sure how Canada post worked.  Scary, eh?  Just keep your receipt just in case, okay?  I've got you down as Sent.  Don't send me the copy unless there's a problem, just keep it handy.

Thanks for understanding!
Dawn

Righto. For future reference,  When someone from Canada sends something, depending on the size/weight of the persons wallet they'll either send it Small Packet Post (which is easiest on the wallet). They fill out a customs form (if it is going to anywhere but Canada) with their name and address, person's name and address, and an "itemized list of contents" (plus the value, for insurance purposes).  Canada post worker takes apart the form--which has a magic layer of carbon paper underneath where ya just wrote. The top bit, where you wrote, is a sticker and goes on the package itself, then the bottom bit (Alas, not the carbon paper)  goes to you. No where on this form is anything that slightly resembles a customs number.

However, you can also send it...eh... Expidited post. Which costs a lot.  That gets a cofirmation number-- and it's set up like te Small Packet post form. Again, you get the bottom bit,  but this time on your reciept (the bit of paper that says how much you paid) you get your tracking numbe again. Ooo. Excitement.

And I'm sure that Fed Ex is an option, but my wallet screams in horror just thinking about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog Wist
Would like to swap for broken (torn) dollar bills! I have an idea and don't want to use "good" money!
"They aleady have a soda like that. It's called Soylent Cola."
"How is it?"
"Eh, varies from person to perso
Kristen81
« Reply #264 on: June 25, 2006 08:43:44 PM »

Here we go!!!!!!

Sevsonlygirl has graciously allowed me to take over for the FAVORITE HOUSE SWAP!!!!!

Signups Start Tomorrow Morning!!!!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=16743154.new#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Center of the Table Decoration
How to Make a Kirigami Tree
How to Make a Kirigami Dragon Fly
How to Make a Kirigami Snowflake
How to Make a Kirigami Flower
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...