A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,188
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First post, may as well be a botch!  (Read 2398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

americandemockracy

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006 07:40:31 PM »

I was going to give the vacuum tip, but someone already spoke up.

Well, my dog ate thread. A lot of it. Like an entire spool of black thread.

Smart, buddy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
licalee
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2006 06:07:58 PM »

put some pantyhose on the end of your vacuum secure it with an elastic and vacuum your beads up, place nozzle over convenient receptacle and turn off vacuum, beads fall right in, no fuss no muss.

You complete me, cataway. I've never even seen that movie but it's what comes to mind after that great tip. I had thought of using a shop vac, but delicate beads might be damaged. Crafty folks have the best tips.

Nearly 10 years after moving out of the house, my dad still complains about all the beads he finds. I never thought to blame it on the cat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rjalmom
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006 04:30:56 PM »

This is nothing like the time he cracked (with his teeth) a 16oz jar of BLACK procion dye powder all over the livingroom, then knocked over the dustpan and bucket I was using to *very carefully* clean up the uber-strong grains of dye... The furniture, oriental rug, and freshly installed unfinished wood front door and frame were never the same, and he was a goth puppy for weeks after (lucky me, he had rolled in the wet fixer solution puddles on the bathroom floor). That one cost me a hefty security deposit and a trip to the vet! How that dog has escaped becoming BBQ is beyond me...

Oh - I knew the vacuum trick (longtime klutz crafter!) it's just that the bulk of the beads went down the vent beyond the reach of girl or machine...

sigh... I'll just look on it as a reason to craftshop next payday - that project (a beaded recon bustier) has been going on a year or more with it's own litany of botches, I could use a trip to the store for inspiration, every cloud has an embellished lining and all that Wink

If it makes you feel better, my husband lost his WEDDING ring down the vent once because he was twriling it on the table. I was PISSED. His uncle had to crawl under the house to take the vents apart to find it.  They now have a screen on that particular vent in his Grandmas house. Luckily, my dog knows to stay away from my stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
retro rabbit34
Vintage Vixen

If i were blonde that would have been a moment

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006 11:20:01 PM »

Well my dog is OLD i mean 18 in human years so as expected he has lost his vision. So one day i layed out a pattern on the floor to cut it out, everything was working out, dog sleeping, home alone, it was great....then the phone rang and like an idiot i answered it.

i was gone maybe 5 minutes and in that time my dog woke up, and decided to find a new spot to lay his stinky bum Roll Eyes ON MY PATTERN! but no he couldent just sit on it he had to do the weird thing that dogs do, DIG and walk in about 15 circles befor laying down luckly it was a pattern on sale so it only cost me 99 cents

and thankfully there was no ink, paint ,chemicals, vents, or vets involved AND no angry parents Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RAWR! its prehistoric in here! there must be some dinos in the atmosphere
dreadful penny
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2006 06:34:56 AM »

i was gone maybe 5 minutes and in that time my dog woke up, and decided to find a new spot to lay his stinky bum Roll Eyes ON MY PATTERN! but no he couldent just sit on it he had to do the weird thing that dogs do, DIG and walk in about 15 circles befor laying down luckly it was a pattern on sale so it only cost me 99 cents

LOL!
Clive (the creature what started this thread) does this almost every time I try to lay anything on the floor for cutting, pinning, etc.
Why, just yesterday after a boisterous roll in the mud with another dog he decided to 'set-up' for a nap all over the patchwork I was piecing um, trying to piece on the floor. He even scooted his posterior on it across the floor a little too. I am *so* blessed Wink

Everyone: Please give all of your critters (and your DH, rjalmom) a scritch for me, and thell them I said thank you for keeping life interesting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
philospud
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006 07:17:16 PM »

My elderly dog did the same thing!  He'd be sniffing around, touch something funny (was blind and deaf) and just plop his butt right down after his claws poked a bunch of holes in the pattern.  He was a heavy dog, so pushing him off delicately was a nightmare.  And of course he'd have this sad walk when he'd be walking away, making me feel like a terrible monster.  I denied a poor helpless dog to a comfy spot!  My roomie's cat does the same thing only when I go to pick him up to get him off of it, he thinks it's playtime and claws my arms to death.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jane2
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006 08:32:44 PM »

Ha Ha Ha Inara. (page 1, I think).

... the same kitten licked all the butter off her toast while she was on the phone ...

Pretty ambidextrous, talented kitten you have there. Aren't your parents worried that she will start up some of the machinery in the barn?
Doesn't any member of your family ever lick the butter off their toast?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aimers1212
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006 10:00:09 AM »

Boy do I know the way of the animal and crafts!  I do a lot of yarn crafts and have 5 cats....you can just imagine the catastrophe (pun intended, lol) that insues here.  My dog loves to get into my stuff too.

I think the vacuum idea is wonderful!  I would have never thought of that.  I will have to remember that as my kids toys go down the vent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shewolf
I call her Vera.

The hero of Canton

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006 12:30:38 PM »

I was going to give the vacuum tip, but someone already spoke up.

Well, my dog ate thread. A lot of it. Like an entire spool of black thread.

Smart, buddy.
I had one do that. I found out because the dog had poo hanging by a thread from her butt. Vet trip later, we found out she hadn't knotted her guts, luckily.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < ) Copy Bunny into your signature or be EATEN!

www.rattleheadgames.com - for all your gaming needs!

http://www.wists.com/shewolf I wish, I wish, with all my heart.... Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Digital Camera Tips: Why Not Auto White Balance
Digital Camera Tips: When to use the Flash
Digital Camera Tips: Check Your Focus
Digital Camera Tips: Lens Aperture Relationship
Panasonic DMC-LX3: Set White Balance Function
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...