A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Starsky Knit-A-Long?  (Read 20422 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jazzmatazz
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2006 10:44:12 AM »

I think I remember seeing a picture of a finished Starsky at the knitalong section of the knittinghelp.com forum. 

I'm nearly finished with the left front of mine.  All I can say is, keep good notes when you start the neckline and armhole shaping.  It's not hard, but you need to keep up  with things.  I'm really enjoying making my first cardigan!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
designdiva18
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2006 04:24:16 PM »

Okay everyone... I have gathered up the courage to restart my collar. I am going to use the new fix for it that Jordiana posted. I hope to works out. I would rather have a collar that is too big than one that was too little. I also picked up more stiches over the fronts, because the once every four rows was too far apart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jax3303
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2006 06:24:51 AM »

designdiva18- I think you might have been reading the directions for the collar wrong. It dosen't say to pick up  one stitch for every 4 rows, it says 3 stitches for every 4 rows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

designdiva18
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2006 10:28:06 AM »

Jax -- Ha! You're right! Oh well, I fixed it this time and I added some pick up stitches around the neckline as well, because that had been pulling too. I am about halfway done with the extra short rows and it looks much better. Maybe my gauge isn't what I thought that it was.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
needleme
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2006 07:49:56 AM »

I am in!  I ordered my yarn last Friday................can't wait to join y'all!  I am going with a Debbie Bliss light blue casmerino.........super SOFT!  So excited! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2006 09:10:19 AM »

I promise myself I'm gonna pick a day this week, and continue working on the sleeves.  Then it's back to the front portions.  Maybe if I pick a day, I can hold myself accountable, and move this from wip to fo.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chee
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2006 05:56:44 PM »

I've been working on mine for weeks, and it seems to stay the same length no matter how much I knit! 

C'mon... hasn't anyone finished?  I could use some inspiration to get moving on this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jazzmatazz
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2006 04:30:12 AM »

I think this is a fast knit (because of the bulky yarn), but I haven't had that much time to work on it lately.  I am working on the sleeves now, which is a bit boring after that awesome banana leaf pattern.  I can't wait to start on the collar!  My only complaint is that every skein of Sierra has had at least one hard little knot in it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jax3303
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2006 06:03:40 AM »

I'm slowly making progress. I have the back, both fronts, the collar and one sleeve finished and put togather, and I'm working on the belt and the second sleeve now. I had to alter my sleeves a bit. i'm short and have short arms, so instead of making the sleeves the reccomended 23 inches (before sleeve cap shaping) , mine are 18.5 inches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jax3303
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2006 07:24:13 AM »

I just updated my blog with a pic of what I have finished on starsky so far. http://anjaknits.blogspot.com/2006/05/starsky-is-finished.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007 09:51:53 AM by jax3303 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Tips: How To Cover Roots & Grays In Between Colorings
Oscar Inspired Hairstyles
4 Short and Sassy Hairstyles For Spring
Warrior Girl Hairstyles at the Nicole Miller FW 2014 Show
High Bun and Sun-Kissed Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...