A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Starsky Knit-A-Long?  (Read 19839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jax3303
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006 11:44:20 AM »

My yarn came today!!! I'll be casting on tomorrow. I've already wound 2 hanks into balls, i'll be winding the rest tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarletkittycat
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2006 08:31:34 AM »

My yarn came today!!! I'll be casting on tomorrow. I've already wound 2 hanks into balls, i'll be winding the rest tonight.

:)Please  post pics of your progress when you get the chance, i'd love to see how it looks in mist i bet its really beautiful.

I'm moving on with my starsky the back and the two sides are done and i have one sleeve finished, knitting the sleeve was sooooo boring  that i've decided to start on the collar today instead of the second sleeve, i'll leave that till theres something good on tv to take my mind off the endless rows of st st.

Edit: well the collar is done it wasn't as painful to knit as i thought, i recommend that before you start you make yourself a cup of coffee (or something alittle stronger) take the phone off the hook and shut all distractions outside, the short row shaping needs a certain amount of concentration and really has to be knit in one go.

Also do not decide when the bottom edge of your collar gets to 2" that its quite long enough and bind off, Wink i found this out the hard way and ended up having to undo my bind off edge and continue the collar until the bottom edge was 3.5" as the pattern said.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006 09:04:21 AM by scarletkittycat » THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarletkittycat
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2006 09:58:03 AM »

Just hit my first biggie problem, the body of the sweater is done no prob there it looks great, and i have 1 completed sleeve so far this is where i hit a snag i knit the sleeve exactly as the pattern says but when i pinned it to the body to check the size its huge i don't think my arms are abnormal but the sleeve is wayyyy too long and really saggy and loose.

I guess its back to the drawing board with the sleeves Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2006 11:36:46 AM »

I've ran across this problem with another pattern.  Simply because I made a say size 40" for finished measurements for bust, but the sleeves would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy big.  So I'm thinking that you may have to make the sleeves following one size, and the body of the sweater a total nother size.  Am I making any sense here?

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kibblesandknits

My LYS is located at the back of my bedroom closet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2006 01:33:34 PM »

I have finally received my yarn! Just past the 3x3 rib on the back, will attempt to post progress pictures by this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarletkittycat
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2006 01:50:12 PM »

I've ran across this problem with another pattern.  Simply because I made a say size 40" for finished measurements for bust, but the sleeves would be wayyyyyyyyyyyyy big.  So I'm thinking that you may have to make the sleeves following one size, and the body of the sweater a total nother size.  Am I making any sense here?

Necia

I'm making the smallest size so there is no smaller pattern for the sleeves, i think i've solved my problem though, i've worked out a sleeve pattern that should fit my teeny tiny little stick arms  Tongue fingers crossed

I have finally received my yarn! Just past the 3x3 rib on the back, will attempt to post progress pictures by this weekend.

Yay Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2006 05:45:57 PM »

Awesome Scarlett.  Are you ladies finding this pattern takes extreme concentration. I've just ripped out two rows because I know I messed my count up, and I hope it was only 2 rows ago.  This has got to be one of the slowest moving projects for me, however I know it will be worth it, because it really does look nice!

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scarletkittycat
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2006 07:37:50 AM »

No huge correction needed for the body really it all worked up great and looks good so far, my only problem was with the arms being too big, but i should have expected it I'm making the small and i really need an extra small.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kackiec

It's all about the yarn!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2006 10:18:47 AM »

I'm doing Starsky with Lamb's Pride Bulky in aubergine, and I got gauge on the first try with #10 needles.  This is a fast knit, so with any luck I will finish the sweater before my Attention Deficit Disorder kicks in (i.e. the next Knitty comes out with 3 things I Must Knit Now).  It really isn't as difficult as the rating makes it sound, so if you're thinking it may be over your head you may be pleasantly suprised. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kibblesandknits

My LYS is located at the back of my bedroom closet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2006 09:30:13 AM »

I'm making the smallest size so there is no smaller pattern for the sleeves, i think i've solved my problem though, i've worked out a sleeve pattern that should fit my teeny tiny little stick arms  Tongue fingers crossed

Scarlet:

Would you mind sharing how you worked out a sleeve pattern to correspond with the size s?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Thread Through your Images
How to Create a Sun Star Image Effect Part 1/2
How to Create a Sun Star Image Effect Part 2/2
How to Choose a Wardrobe for an Outdoor Portrait Part 1/2
How to Choose a Wardrobe for an Outdoor Portrait Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...