A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,079
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cabled Riding Jacket Anyone??  (Read 1255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

festivus
« on: February 26, 2006 06:13:35 PM »

Long time craftster lurker here... I've decided to take the plunge and am devoting myself to the scrumptious Cabled Riding Jacket from "Loop-d-Loop" for, well, the rest of my life probably (given my knitting speed). Anyone interested in a knitalong for this baby??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
festivus
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006 06:23:08 PM »

Picture (to tempt you!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
zoe84
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006 09:25:33 AM »

I've actually almost finished this one.  I really like it.  What yarn are you using?  I used Wool of the Andes in Evergreen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
festivus
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006 10:04:11 AM »

I'm using Galway Irish Worsted Wool in a raspberry/plum colour.

Have you done the collar yet? It looks a bit odd in the picture and I've read some comments re: people not liking the look of it.

Did you run into any problem spots? And did you make any modifications? Sorry for bombarding you with questions! I'm casting on tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zoe84
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006 08:07:33 PM »

I've done one side of the collar -- two times!  I accidentally did the right collar twice.  I do like the look of the collar.  To me, the collar is a major part of what makes it look like a riding jacket, and not just a long cabled jacket.

I didn't run into any problems, but when I was googling and looking for finished products, I saw that some people had had problems.

The only mod I made was to make the sleeves longer.  I usually have to lengthen sleeves as much as 4 inches because my arm measures 22 inches from armpit to elbow.  On this pattern, I only had to lenghen them 2 or so inches, so you might want to make sure your sleeves don't turn out too long if your arms are more average sized.

I actually finished the knitting on this (except for redoing the left side of the collar) about a month and a half ago, but I have yet to block or sew any seams.  I should get cracking on that!

Good luck with it and post pics when you finish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006 04:35:02 AM »

Arrrggghhhh I want to knit this! Unfortunately, until I've used up a significant portion of my stash I'm on a self-imposed yarn ban. This will have to be my reward for constructive good behavior, I think. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...