A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: soap soap! organic art... glycerine/plaster molds! not really a tutorial but pix  (Read 1735 times)
Tags for this thread: soap , plaster , art  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

holding hands
« on: February 26, 2006 02:46:06 PM »

i have been wanting to make soap for the longest time and i finally did it and i had so much fun!
i used soap goat scents, they smell really good but instead of thinking i was saving money by buying it on sale, i think i was charged $10 extra because it had to be shipped to canada or some weird exchange stuff. ugh.

i made plaster molds

poured in the soap on the vasinline coated interior... i was afraid the hot soap would melt the plaster but it kept its shape (very messy... hard to cover up small holes) when i finished i put them in cold water to dry faster... but its a good idea not to expose the soap in the water because it starts to get a gross look... like when you leave soap in water for too long hah.

boiled it

i'm making a series of art soaps... the ones i made have tea, and hair in it... and the other day i made "bathroom floor soap" which is scented like cleaning supplies, has "paper towels" in it, "dirt", beer bottle caps, a dime bag full of tea leaves, etc.

**questions**
-i got glycerine soap which was kind of expensive... i think $8 for a 8x4x1 block (where can i get it cheap??)
-what if i wanted this soap for show, how would i avoid shrinkage... but still keep the scent?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessblueberry
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006 10:54:04 AM »

(where can i get it cheap??)

Must have been the exchange but atleat there was not a 15% tax too. . .that always confused me when we drove through Canada (from Alaska to the states and back) as I was a kid when we did that. . .

Am not sure where to buy glicerin soap cheep but if you are up for a swap PM me with a few crafty or crafted things you'd be willing to trade for a 2 lbs (32 oz) brick of glicerine soap. 

I baught a ton when it was a few dollars a brick in town here a few years ago. . .finaly made soap for the first time for presants last christmas and they were great but I still have a ton.  If shipping were not so expensive I'd offer to swap more than one brick but as it is. . .will be almost $7 to send the 1 brick to Canada  Shocked and that is the 'slow boat to china' rate. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kylie and Kendall Share Their Best Makeup Tips
Watch Little Mix on Seventeen Style Diaries!
Stay Pretty All Summer With This Waterproof Makeup!
Nina Dobrevs Makeup Must-Haves!
Get a Vintage-Inspired Beauty Look For Prom!
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...