A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
800 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 102
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Huge thread of Shared Patterns and Resources  (Read 186987 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Quinston
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2005 06:48:20 AM »

Great links in this thread!  I'm tempted to do the Peter Rabbit, "Fierce, bad rabbit" scene from the French site. That story still makes kids eyes widen with concern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PurpleHeather
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005 03:03:55 AM »

Yeah!  I love that scene, Quinston!

I've found a couple morelinks:

http://www.fermeauxcoloriages.net/  has lots including Caspar the ghost, muppets, ninja turtles, etc.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2011 06:23:25 AM by kittykill - Reason: removed broken images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

island-princess
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005 01:49:29 PM »

Thanks alot what a great website.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
misssparkle
*~Miss_Sparkle~*

Suzie Says.... freewebs.com/suziesays

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2005 10:38:23 AM »

Hey guys!

I love the Tatty me 2 u teddies, u know the little grey and blue ones? If any1 has any cross stitch patterns for them I will see what I can swap in return. I have a zillion cross stitch books, and soo many Winnie the Pooh ones. I only have one tatty ted cross stitch, and he is wearin a little santa coat, so cute! Going to start it tonight hehe Smiley.

Miss Sparkle

xXxXxX
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadBird
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005 09:44:31 PM »

Dover publications carries a pattern book of Beatrix Potter images.  They are already to go for embroidery.
I love Dover because they are SOOOOO affordable.  Just google Dover and search their site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.andreazuill.com - Paintings and Embroidery
www.badbird.etsy.co m - Art Prints and Embroidery patterns
http://zuill.us/andreablog/
princesakati
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2005 11:38:55 AM »

check out Dover books' webpage
http://store.doverpublications.com/
dover has a huge variety of vintage and ethnic art, as well as clip art in both books and cds.  but if you are cheap like me, go over to the right hand side where it says "free samples" and sign up for thier list -- every week they send you sample pages of 6 different books!  tons of line drawings and vintage labels and coloring pages and so forth, many of which can easily become embroidery patterns!  they are also good for collaging.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
bathroomSTall
bathroomSTall

Whoo hoo!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2006 01:39:01 PM »

Thank you very much! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hmm... Thinking of something to put here...
MargaretMayI
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2006 10:37:35 AM »

Speaking of pattern resources - and not to self-promote, but to inform and request input - I've created some patterns with alternative designs on vanishing paper (use it one time then it washes, steams, or tears away). Here's the link:

http://www.rattlingthunder.com/id45.html

Again, they're use once patterns (not the great iron-on type transfers like Jenny at Sublime does. She's da bomb!), and they're by no means professional artwork, but they're offbeat and amuse me.  Grin

They're kinda in beta mode and I'd love to have a few 'testers' try the process out. They work great for me but it's always good to get feedback and tips from others. If anyone is interested, PM me. I'd love to send out a pattern or two, to a few fellow embroiderers, to get input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ayn
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006 12:35:41 PM »

Hi all -- so glad people are re-discovering Dover! For many many years it's been a great place (pre-PC & pre-Web, just about The Only place!) for finding really wonderful adaptable or useable-as-is embroidery designs & patterns --- tho since I do only 'regular' embroidery I honestly wouldn't know if any of Dover's stuff is suitable for crosstitch unless it specificallys say so -- also, I almost never embroider 'realistic' things like scenery, people, etc, but mainly  stylistic patterns/designs or fairly simple, line-drawing type images.

A while back at Craftster, I had read that some people find interesting embroiderable patterns & designs & letters/initials at the many websites which offer free downloadable fonts & also free downloadable "dingbats" -- picture fonts, I guess you could call those? ...

which gave me yet-another idea:
Microsoft's Clip Art site, also free.

The images there download directly into Microsoft Clip Gallery, which presumably comes with all recent Windows operating systems (as computer-illiterate as I am, all I know is that it was indeed 'just sittin there' in XP, lol).

Just for example, in a clip art search for flowers [[I searched clip art only, not photos, motion etc]], I discovered quite a number of simple but surprisingly pretty "floral designs" in styles from vaguely Jacobean to vaguely Art Deco to vaguely Victorian to vaguely Pennsylvania Dutch... ! 
In many of the different clip art categories there's a wide variety of simple, useful, line-drawing type images too...
computers, birthday cakes, coffee cups, teapots, balloons, suns-moons-stars, shells, angels, Christmas trees, etc etc etc.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006 12:44:24 PM by Ayn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
hayling
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006 08:41:57 AM »

what is punch embroidery?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 102 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 4/5
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 3/5
How to Crochet a Butterfly
How to Crochet a Pansy Flower
How to Extreme Crochet - Part 2/5
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...