A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Some fantasy/tattoo drawings PIC HEAVY-ISH  (Read 3446 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 26, 2006 07:51:55 AM »

Quite a while ago, I posted some of my drawings.  And the drawings I posted were all quite old.  (A decade in some cases.)  Well, I've decided to post more, because I can.

Here's a mermaid I drew to use for greeting cards in the More Marvelous Mermaids swap.  I have been slowly developing a set of illustrations that are inspired by tattoo flash (and pinups, which is basically the same inspiration, right?) to use as illustrations for greeting cards.  That's a chickenshit way of avoiding drawing backgrounds. Cheesy

The next is an illustration I drew for greeting cards for a friend.  She's been my best friend since I was five, and her name is Holly.  She's a renny, gamer, married to a geek type (even moreso than me!) and she loves fairies.  So I drew her this illustration and made greeting cards for her birthday, which is the day before mine, at the beginning of December.  (Just in time to use as holiday cards, or thank yous!)  It wasn't my FIRST attempt at a background, of course, but I've never had ANY formal training outside of an exploratory art class when I was 11, so aside from my own determination I've never had much opportunity to really explore that aspect of things.  And I've really only gained the determination to get good at it in the last year or so.  It was all figures before that.  So, that's my way of apologizing, but I'm still fairly happy with how it turned out.

This next one requires a great deal of back story, I think...  First, you'll have to visit the Puzzle Pirates Homepage.  It's a little online puzzling game that I and a bunch of my friends are addicted to.  Sort of.  Anyway, one of my friends in real life (Holly's husband, actually) was telling some of our crewmates that I was good at drawing (his words, not mine), and they wanted to see an example, so I jokingly said I would draw a picture of my pirate as a pinup.  And I did.  They laughed, which is good, becuase I was totally screwing around.  Here is my pirate, Lothruin, after losing a battle to evil Skeletons.  They took her shirt!

The next three were all designed as part of the tattoo-flash-inspired greeting cards idea, as well, and were also used as greeting card art for the Un-Birthday Swap, although the gal who received them no longer has the photos up.

And last but not least, a custom-design someone from the Ferret Mailing List asked me to do for an actual tattoo.  I stylized a photo of her own ferret, then she wanted a rose.  I actually did three different designs, with three different color roses (red, yellow and peace, which is creamy with pink/rosey edges), and this is NOT the one she chose, but I can't find any of the others.  They all used the same ferret design, since she only gave me the one photo, but one had the ferret standing with one paw over a long-stemmed rose, and another had the ferret with a rose bud in his mouth.  I'm rather fond of this one, though.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007 09:17:50 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006 08:16:40 AM »

These are really awesome!  I love the mermaid. If you ever want to draw something for me feel free! Wink
Someone on the embroidery board wanted a pattern for a ferret, can I direct her to you? or you to her?
I think your ferret would work very well for that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006 08:25:18 AM »

Thanks, and sure, you can direct her to me. Cheesy

Are you, by chance, a member of the Ferret Mailing List?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006 08:29:28 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006 08:45:30 AM »

I am on the two ferret lists for my region, Kansas.
Is there a national one?  I would think that had so many posts you couldn't get through them all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006 10:15:14 AM »

There is a national one.  Search Google for "Ferret Mailing List".  It has thousands of members, including tons of shelters and charity organizations, and many vets as well.  It's a great resource.  And actually, it usually only has between 30 and 50 posts in a day, and the moderator sorts them out by subject before he sends them, so you can do a lot of scrolling if it's something you aren't really interested in.  Smiley 

So then, you probably aren't familiar with Support Our Shelters?  And being in Kansas, do you know Troy Lynn Eckart?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006 06:38:04 AM »

Anyone else?  I'm interested in knowing whether I'm successful in getting something that was tattoo-inspired, and whether you guys think these would work well on things like cards, notecards and stationairy?  I mean, would you use stationairy with tattoos on it?  I feel like I'm headed in the right direction with them, but I would love a little more input.  *bat's eyelashes and pouts*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

welshdragon

Love Music : Hate Racism - www.lovemusichateracism

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006 10:33:27 AM »

wow youre awsome ever considered selling your flash you could make a lot of pennies
tattood stationary would be the sex!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love Music : Hate Racism - www.lovemusichateracism.com
Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006 10:50:04 AM »

Hey, thanks!  I actually have not considered selling my flash, but I have considered what it would be like to be good enough to do so.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stretch
How to do the cow face stretch
How To Write Query Letters
Gerbera Daisies from Afloral & How To Use Them
How to Make a Calla Lily Boutonniere
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...