A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,801
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A 1/2 Dozen of Fat Quarters To Go! Gallery  (Read 5498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mata
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2006 09:49:21 AM »

Is it possible to send less maybe 3 - 1/2 yard pieces. I'm not a quilter and fat quarters are too small for most projects. If its not what you want I can just organize a fabric junkie 2 swap.

ohh pinkmafia I like this idea! Smiley I am also always in for alternative materials- not just cotton but wool, silk, linen and well, other natural fibers. Let us know what happens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2006 11:02:10 AM »

Is it possible to send less maybe 3 - 1/2 yard pieces. I'm not a quilter and fat quarters are too small for most projects. If its not what you want I can just organize a fabric junkie 2 swap.

PinkMafia, that idea has merit Smiley  There are a few quilters in the current swap, and there are folks who use fabrics for other non-quilt projects.  Moi?  I don't quilt, but I don't have the attention span to work on large sewing projects.  Hence, fat quarters work for me Tongue

Here's a thought.  For the next fabric swap, a question along the lines of "Would you rather receive six fat quarters or three 1/2 yard pieces?" should be included in the swap questionnaire.  That way, everyone can play and still receive what they want Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
Ezri_B
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2006 12:00:56 PM »

Another option.... just a thought really. Is if people really enjoy this swap, we could do something like month one is fat quarters, month 2 is 3- 1/2 yards, month 3 is fat quarters, etc... That way people could get what they want, but not make the matching up difficult.

I personally go in waves. I do quilt, but I don't have a long attention span, so I will quilt for awhile (where I love the fat quarters, ) or do small projects (again, love fat quarters, ) then I'll get in a mood other times where I would rather have a larger, more substantial piece of fabric (then I would go for the 1/2 yards)

Again, just a thought, take or leave as desired Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkane
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2006 01:37:30 PM »

here are the fat quarters that i recieved from aeronberry, what a wonderful surprise that it got here on my 18th bday too.
my camera is wonky so i wish the colors were captured more but boy did she win my heart over with all the pink. i really like them and
i enjoyed this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2006 01:43:52 PM »

Ezri_B, thanks for pointing out there might very well be a third group of fabric hoarders that do quilting AND non-quilt projects Smiley  Lordy, it can get complicated, eh?  I don't think it would be too difficult to pair up folks, as long as everyone who participates agrees to cater to their partner's request.  For example, I wouldn't mind buying three 1/2 yard pieces for my partner if that's what she asked for, and vice versa, I hope she would be alright with my request for six fat quarters.  Quantity wise, it still adds up to 1.5 yards Cheesy 

The designs of the fabrics look wonderful.  So they're all pink (rather than yellow/brown)?  BTW, a belated happy birthday to you, sugarkane Smiley 

« Last Edit: March 13, 2006 01:49:21 PM by loves2experiment » THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2006 02:32:03 PM »

Ezri_B, thanks for pointing out there might very well be a third group of fabric hoarders that do quilting AND non-quilt projects Smiley  Lordy, it can get complicated, eh?  I don't think it would be too difficult to pair up folks, as long as everyone who participates agrees to cater to their partner's request.  For example, I wouldn't mind buying three 1/2 yard pieces for my partner if that's what she asked for, and vice versa, I hope she would be alright with my request for six fat quarters.  Quantity wise, it still adds up to 1.5 yards Cheesy 

The designs of the fabrics look wonderful.  So they're all pink (rather than yellow/brown)?  BTW, a belated happy birthday to you, sugarkane Smiley 

I can buy 6 quarters as well or 3 1/2 yards. I guess putting it in the questionnaire is a simple fix. A monthly swap sounds good.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2006 06:37:12 PM »

Round 2???

A few of you indicated that you'll be up for another round!  I'm thinking about using the following dates for Round 2: 

Signups: 03/14 to 03/22
Mail by: 04/03

Would that work for everyone?  Is it too soon for another round?  Undecided

Not for me.  I am out of town at the moment and I have been using the opportunity to visit the fabric shops to buy more fabric.  So I am ready for a new round. 

Ezri B. 
My sister tells me that I have received a parcel.  I think it might be  your parcel.  I will be back home tomorrow so I will PM you to confirm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2006 06:53:49 PM »

Not for me.  I am out of town at the moment and I have been using the opportunity to visit the fabric shops to buy more fabric.  So I am ready for a new round. 

I'll be going out of town in ~10 days and you can be sure that I'll be checking out various fabric places Smiley   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2006 06:39:00 PM »

Based on the input I've received, you will now have the option of either receiving fat quarters or 1/2 yard pieces in the next fabric swap!

If you're ready to play, check out the following link:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84612.msg798175#msg798175
THIS ROCKS   Logged

STS Spring Market 2014
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2006 03:07:34 PM »

A photo of the the fat quarters that Ezri_B sent.  

Aren't they just yummy.

Thanks Ezri_B
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012 10:29:43 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Choose a Digital Camera
Learn how to Take Digital Photographs
Secrets of Child Photography
Underwater Photography
How to Obtain Custom White Balance on a Fuji S3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...