A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,953
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitalong for Jems?  (Read 10018 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Banana Pie
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2006 08:50:32 AM »

I just ordered Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Grass for Ruby. I had originally wanted to make a deep purple, but couldn't really find the exact colour I wanted :c/

Yay, I can hardly wait until it gets here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessliak
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2006 11:02:00 AM »

Are there any people out there who think this could be knit in the round? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss.blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2006 11:33:30 AM »

I can't wait to see someone's finished version. I started Eunny's vest so this one is only to be knit at knitting group on Thursdays since the pattern is easier to follow, so it will take me another couple weeks to finish it (2 hours at a time while chatting will make it last FOREVER!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eraffert
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2006 02:06:42 PM »

Are there any people out there who think this could be knit in the round? 

I have been thinking about how to knit this in the round. I think that it could definitely be knit in the round to the underarms, and then split off and knit back and forth. I hate, hate, hate seaming, so I am always looking for things to knit in the round. I believe Debbie Stoller had a little page about how to switch a pattern to knitting in the round in the first SnB book. I think she said that you just add a few more stitches on either side to make up for the seams on the side.

I bought this pattern a while ago, and Eunny's, and I have swatched for Eunny's but not this one. I want to make Ruby first,and I'm happy that you all seem to have whipped this out pretty quickly.

I would like to know how this pattern worked out for those of you who are busty. I am quite busty, and I know someone a few posts ago said something about the vest sliding off the sides of her bust! I can't have any more attention in that area either!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
designdiva18
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2006 04:11:26 PM »

I am about a C cup (not too busty) and I am having that problem. I can't wear it too work because it is hot pink and I look like a barmaid wearnig it (I teach second grade... not oo acceptable). If I did it again I would leave out the neckline decreases entirely. I would just bind of fin the center and then do the side decreases, or just bind off less in the center I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frozenknitter
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006 01:06:01 AM »

I finished diamonique and posted the pic  on my blog, still haven't taken the time to figure out how to post a pic on crafster.  I did have a problem with the shoulders winging out a little bit,  i think it was my choice of yarn (cotton) and its lack of elasticity.

bunchkinknits.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit it.  I blog. 
bunchkinknits.blogspot.com
eraffert
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006 08:23:05 AM »

I am about a C cup (not too busty) and I am having that problem. I can't wear it too work because it is hot pink and I look like a barmaid wearnig it (I teach second grade... not oo acceptable). If I did it again I would leave out the neckline decreases entirely. I would just bind of fin the center and then do the side decreases, or just bind off less in the center I guess.

So, instead of decreasing for the neckline, you would just bind off the center 16 stitches at the neck and not do the other decreases? This is for Ruby, right? I feel like the V neck might be better than the U-neck, which seems like it would invite cleavage pop-out. I thought about putting the V neck on Ruby, but your idea about not decreasing at the neck seems like a good one. Maybe I'll try that.
I've got to finish a St. Patty's Day sweater for my dog and swatch for Eunny's vest before I can buy yarn for this, though.

DesignDiva18, do you have a pic of Ruby on you?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006 08:26:00 AM by eraffert » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mollyknits
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006 05:18:51 PM »

Eek it scares me that there have been problems making this in cotton.  I ordered Shine from Knitpicks to make it.  Hmm.  I guess I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best?

I'm not busty (wish I was a little more!), but I do have broad shoulders.  Maybe the swimmer physique will actually help this fit?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lynn
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006 06:36:43 PM »

i just finished this the other day, it does fit a little weird but still wearable (i used sugar and cream kitchen cotton to make it..probably not the best choice but it's so cheap!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60125144@N00/108304266/

more about it at my blog (link in my signature)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eraffert
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2006 06:59:53 AM »

It looks great on you!!! What a great job you did!!

I just bought some teal Nature Wool last night, and I didn't get a very good gauge for Ruby. It seems like it wants a little thicker weight yarn than the one I got, which I thought was worsted. Maybe I was wrong. I got 6 st/in on size 8, and 5 st/in on size 9. So, I think I will go back and get a thicker yarn and save the Nature Wool for Diamonique. Oh well, that will challenge me to work on Diamonique, which I was going to hold off on because it looks hard!

Does anyone else have any pics of either of these FO on a model? Hopefully I will have one of them done by the week's end for your viewing pleasure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The List Book Trailer by Tara Ison
Tips on Writing from Philippa Gregory
Melissa Anelli Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Frank Lipman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
The Wyrm King Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...