A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitalong for Jems?  (Read 9557 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princessliak
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2006 05:27:32 AM »

I love those patterns, but am nervous about them!  I have only knit socks, hats and scarves.  Would I be jumping in over my head?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are so many ways to die without losing your life.

www.baskinginbliss. blogspot.com
www.lulu.com/content/292980
BeginnerKnitter
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2006 07:16:34 AM »

Princessliak--I think this is a great project for you. It's just stockinette stitch, ribbing, increases and decreases, picking up stitches, and some seaming at the end, most of which you've probably had experience with (based on what you've knit before). ll I would say the pattern is a good challenge for a beginner. It's a great way to get practice. I find it very relaxing, it's easy enough to watch a movie while you knit but there's enough variance in the pattern that it keeps you interested in the project.

Plus there's a knitalong going on which means you have people to help you if you get stuck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MerLeigh
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2006 08:28:39 AM »

I've already bought the patterns and have some Paton's Brilliant in my stash to do Diamonique.  I'm hoping it will be one of my next projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessliak
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2006 08:49:42 AM »

I got the pattern and am going to fight through the self defeating thoughts!  I now get to find some suitable yarn!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banana Pie
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2006 08:59:05 AM »

I got the pattern and am going to fight through the self defeating thoughts!  I now get to find some suitable yarn!

This is my first project that isn't a sock or a scarf as well! We can be each other's support!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princessliak
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006 11:51:03 AM »

Any thoughts from you knitting goddesses on using my massive stash of cotton-ease for Ruby?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MerLeigh
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006 01:55:15 PM »

Any thoughts from you knitting goddesses on using my massive stash of cotton-ease for Ruby?

Though I am not a knitting goddess, I'll give my opinon.  Wink I think that cotton ease should work as it's worsted weight--just make sure to do a gauge swatch before starting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

designdiva18
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2006 07:11:13 PM »

Yeah! I finished the back of Ruby... such a quick knit. i have been knitting on Starsky in between sections of the back and I still finished it in just a few days. The front looks like it will go even quicker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frozenknitter
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2006 01:26:36 PM »

i just finished Diamonique, using Patons Grace.  It was a thinner yarn, so I made the L size and smaller needles hoping for a size M.  It seems to have actually worked!   Grin  The decreases are pretty tricky, as you have to keep the pattern going.  I wouldnt recommend it for a beginner, but someone who has experience with lace type patterns shouldnt have any problems.  The trick is to not K2tog when you dont have space for a YO at the end. Otherwise you wil end up with the wrong amount of stitches.   i posted a picture of my progress about 2 weeks ago on my blog, and will post a pic as soon as I block it.  (I will NOT be modeling it, as I just had a baby and have about 40 lbs to lose before it will look good on me.  Right now I look like a stuffed sausage in it) 

bunchkinknits.blogs pot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I admit it.  I blog. 
bunchkinknits.blogs pot.com
designdiva18
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2006 10:55:20 PM »

Yeah! Finished and blocked.... geez, ruby was quick. I am holding off on making Diamondque because I already frogged it once and now the microspun is turning into Knit and Tonic's Somewhat Cowl. PIctures tommorrow hopefully, the Simply Soft worked out beautifully, although I am counting on the fact that it has a tendancy to stretch out a bit because I could afford some more coverage in the chesty parts! Depending on te shirt I wear under it, it could wind up constantly sliding off to the sides of my boobs, and since it is hot pink, I;d rather avoid drawing that much attention away from my face! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Sumo Wrestling
How to Draw Panini Cartoon
How to Draw Lelouch from the Code Geass
How to Draw Mater from the Movie Cars
How to Draw Michael Jackson
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...