A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: There pants are so flattering  (Read 5062 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whitecalx
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2006 03:41:43 PM »

I have a pair and they actually are comfy and flattering.  Especially in the summer.  They are cool because they are open and catch the breeze.    They look a bit more like a skirt than pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flutegeek104

Can't touch this!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006 01:58:30 PM »

I just ordered two pairs of "wrap pants (which are basically the same thing as thail fishermen pants, just tie differently).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5478609638&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5478605124&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

My mom still has to pay, but I'm planning on using them as dance pants..I have to change out and I hate dressing rooms. I would be able to wear them for dance. And they rock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006 09:54:48 PM »

Is this style of pant actually flattering? I always avoid things that have too much fabric going on - particularly in the bottom portion. I got enough going on there with what nature has dealt me. I looked at the picture and the model is not very large. Has anyone here tried them?

I own a pair of these pants, and I can say...
1. they are NOT figure flattering, but I like them so I dont mind. If you're big on bottom, and you don't want to look bigger, Don't wear them, because they draw the eye right to the butt and thigh.

2. they shrink ALOT lengthwise, so get a larger pair than you think you need.

3. they never EVER stop bleeding, so unless you need tohand wash, or wash separately and dry separately. ( I've had mine for over 2 years...probably washed them 2 dozen times, still bleeding)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006 06:08:41 PM »

but I have no idea how to sew them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PURPLE-SEXY-Embroidery-GOTHIC-EGYPTIAN-HAREM-PANTS-Sz-L_W0QQitemZ5465607030QQcategoryZ63863QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I got one pair on ebay but think I should be able to sew a pair for less than the $30 they are charging.

Do you think it would be too hard to copy the pattern from the pants?

I was looking at these pants just a couple days ago, and seriously am thinking of getting them.  I have one of their skirts, and it's the same material, it seems.  The material flows great, and moves light.  (does that make sense?)  It really is soft.  I like the style, and think that it wouldn't be too much bulk  in the back.  I think it would be fairly simple to make, just a fairly loose harem-style pants and skirting starting from the front, and tapering off to the sides. 

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
j_en

Just stumbling through and trying my best.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006 01:35:40 AM »

I am jen and I am a pattern addict...
Here's another that I picked up a long time ago at a pattern sale, but haven't made yet.  I swear I will do it this Summer, which in Australia doesn't start until December, so I have plenty of time.

It's Simplicity 5508.
I had already decided that I didn't really need a pattern, but when it was going cheap.... who knows, I might end up making the cute tops as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006 05:50:31 AM »

Hi Jen, havent seen you in awhile, how are you.  That pattern is cute.  Look on this thread under "fancy pants" http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106328.0

They are similar and certainly similar to the pattern.  I have two pair, one I had made in Mexico and the other pair I bought at Wal mart in Puerta Vallarta and I love them.  I generally get complimented so they must look ok, I just know they are comfortable and I like them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006 06:21:43 AM »

Okay I LOVE these pants! They are now on my to do list!!! Cheesy Grin I really need to get to work on that list! Oh well, but to help with the fabric continuously bleeding. Add some salt to the wash. Wait til all the water is in (if using your washer) add your detergent then add salt (adjust amt of salt depending on size selected for washing this garment) for a small load i typically use 1/4 cup salt. This trick has never damaged my clothes before, but just be sure to keep an eye on it. This may not completely stop the bleeding for all fabrics. But it will for most or almost stop it all. I hate to see fabric continuously bleed like that. Then you know it's losing all of its color and the better part of its beauty and glory!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy Good Luck and when I do mine........ who knows how long it will be..............I will put pics up TTFN
Dianna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Bronzer, Blush and Luminizer
Halloween Inspiration from Celebrities Who Dare to Go Bold
Nicki Minaj Minajesty Commercial
How To Apply Matte Red Lip Stain
Fall Makeup Trends From Jill Martin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...