A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's your favourite thing to do with strawberries?  (Read 5273 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2004 07:47:14 PM »

fresh strawberry cobbler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2004 04:38:34 PM »

The time of berry picking is long over, and in my house, we are relishing those sweet tastes of summer and harvest because we make jellies and jams, frozen veggie stews and frozen and canned fruits and veggies whenever possible.  In addition to their large garden, my parents' property has wild plum and mulberry trees, and next year I think my mother'll plant strawberries and raspberries.  I plan on trying my hand at blueberries next year, too.  I LOVE homemade jellies and jams.  They are my favorite way to use fruits if not fresh.  And remember, if you adjust your recipes so they don't gel as well, you've got syrup!

But, my FAVORITE thing to do with strawberries probably shouldn't be talked about on a public board.  And THERE's another idea!

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005 02:45:05 PM »

I'm quite fond of quartering them and giving them a splash of Balsamic vinegar. I let them rest for an hour or so to get the juices mixing then erve over vanilla ice cream or a plain sponge cake or scone.
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005 08:40:43 AM »

This may be a little off topic, but I was thinking not too long ago that it would be cool to have a small indoor shelving area in my house where I could grow some straberries and herbs and maybe even some cherry tomatos. I hate the outdoors and have no gardening experience, so the only way Ill ever do any gardening is by doing it indoors. Do you think its possible to grow strawberries inside with a grow light?
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005 03:25:23 PM »

This is verrrrrry late, but one of my favourite foods is summer pudding! (Blimey, guv'nor, we British looooove our puddings. Grin)You do need other berries too, preferably darker ones like blackcurrants, blackberries and cherries.

First you get some white bread slices, cut the crusts off and line a big bowl with them. Then you warm all the fruit in a pan with a little sugar and water and pour it into the bread-lined bowl. Next you cut out a lid for the bowl out of bread (has to be able to cover the bowl tightly)and put in on top of the whole thing.
Then you put a plate upside-down on top of it and weigh it down with things so it'll press the fruit juices into the bread to absorb it. Leave it all in the fridge overnight and in the morning, take the weights off, hold the bowl and plate together and turn the pudding over. Then lift the bowl up and the pudding will turn out onto the plate.
All you have to do then is cut bits off it and eat them (with or without cream)! Grin
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005 07:08:55 PM »

I just slice up strawberries..put them in a bowl and layer them, addin whipped cream.. [ strawberries, whipped cream, strawberries..etc..]  I LOVE IT! Hmm.. wish we had whipped cream, and some strawberries now.
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2005 03:00:56 AM »

Ooh, whipped cream... Mix in crushed ginger biscuits or amaretti biscuits with it and it's looooovely. Grin
Kuolema Nox
The Right-Wing Hippie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2005 03:01:51 AM »

I elongate words too muuuuuuuuuch.
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2005 08:05:08 PM »

Make strawberry trifle Smiley

Pound cake (drizzled in dry sherry, if you wish)
strawberries (and or other fruits)
whipped topping

Wonderful any time of year, my mom makes a huge bowl of this and uses blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and sometimes blackberries. Best pudding we've used is cheesecake pudding, but french vanilla is also delicous

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2005 12:29:10 PM »

Marinated strawberries

Strawberries! about half a liter maybe?
1dl sugar
the juice of one orange
1-3 tbl spoons Grand Marin orange liquor (or similar)
grated (is that the right word? we say 'scratched') orange peal

Cook the juice and the sugar until the sugar solves. Add liquor (if you don't want the alcohol-bit, boil it). Add the peal (make sure you don't get any of the white stuff in there..) Let it cool, then add sliced strawberries and put it in the fridge for like an hour or so, so the strawberries will really suck in the juice... Serve with vanilla ice cream

Strawberries with yoghurt

Turkish yoghurt, or "natural" yoghurt with has rested in a coffee-filter over night blended with some whipped cream
Roasted, thin slices of almond

Slice the strawberries and put them in the bottom of a see-through cup or glass. Pour a bit of honey on top of them, then fill up with yoghurt. Add some more honey, and sprinkle some almonds over it.

Nutella strawberries
Great for a lovesnack in bed... Smiley

Cut strawberries in half (or almost in half, whatever you wish)
Top/fill with nutella

so tasty... Smiley

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simulate Acrylic or Oil Portrait in Photoshop
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 3a
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 2c
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 1c
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 1b
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...