A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: big thrift stores?  (Read 3021 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beckstar
« on: February 24, 2006 07:25:34 PM »

I've been back in DE for 3 years, and am starting to miss kentucky because they have ENORMOUS thrift stores, with ridiculous amounts of VINTAGE everything... (perfect stuff for re-purposing) so I want  to know if anyone knows of any other nice big delaware thrift stores...  here are the ones I know...
family thrift center in stanton
salvation army in wilmington
the various good wills but they're all small... and seemed to have started selling the vintage stuff on ebay not in the stores?
resettlers (not a thrift store, but crazy vintage estate stuff pretty cheap)

tell me there are more and that I don't need to drive back to the bluegrass state to get cheap old stuff...  also any info on flea markets, etc in the area...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you haven't been rollerskating lately, you should...
poo head

I didn't really drop my baby! No hate mail!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006 10:23:40 PM »

any of the thrift stores i've been to around here are seriously junk, not even refinishable junk... like tables that are covered in mold that i would not bring into my apartment if they paid me... sorry i can't be any help, but i'm happy to see that maybe there is a delaware crafter that isn't just into knitting since i felt left out cause i suck at knitting. also you may want to look into rural pa like right outside of philly, it's much closer than ky if you live in wilmington. just a thought
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do a personal swap for any boyish nursery print flannels! I can send polymer clay charms, purses, paper crafts, microscope slide pendant kit, and a lot more.

~My Inspiration~
~Benjamin Reed~
~11.8.07~

wist me away
♥personal swaps♥
sunnyb64

free as a bird...it's the next best thing to be

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006 06:42:08 AM »

I've only been to Family Thrift Center once. I'm still scarred for life from the open jar of chocolate body paint that we found there.  Shocked

It's not so great for vintage, persay, but out of the thrift stores around here, I tend to find the best stuff at the Kirkwood highway Goodwill (I don't know about their furniture, since I don't have my own place and therefore no reason to look, but I do tend to find decent clothes and tons of books there.) Sometimes I'll go to the Salvation Army on the UD campus too, since they have those color-coded tags where you can get discounts on stuff on certain days. Though I usually don't find as much (or as-good) stuff there.

There's also this big outdoor flea market down somewhere in the Dover area. I don't know where, exactly, because I went with two friends. But they had some interesting stuff there. And Amish food, if you're into that sort of thing.

I keep swearing to myself that one of these days I'm going to head up to Philly and find a real vintage store, but it'll have to wait until I'm not so broke that I can't even afford Goodwill.  Tongue

(poo head- I'm not into knitting either.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheThriftShopper.Com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006 12:01:05 PM »

I have a national directory of thrift stores. I hope this helps..

http://www.thethriftshopper.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't forget to look in your local thrift stores for your crafting supplies. Please check out my national directory of thrift stores at www.TheThriftShoppe r.Com for your shopping convenience.
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008 12:01:15 PM »

Maybe not vintage, but Cowtown is pretty close by depending on what part of Delaware you're from. If you haven't been, you should definitely go. It has a lot of really cheap clothes and other random things, like shampoo and fake Sharpies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
jwhitepe
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008 01:20:22 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the area.  What is Cowtown?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BudgeIsCool
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008 09:28:54 AM »

It's this giant flea-market type thing in New Jersey...They have a lot of really cheap knock-off stuff, like fake brand-name purses; I got a pack of 24 colored permanent markers for $2.  It has a little (or a lot) of everything, but it's only open a couple days a week.  There is also a rodeo there, but I haven't seen it... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a whole bunch of fliers advertising a series of concerts (but all the fliers are the same), does anyone want them?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Airplane
How to Make a Simple Paper Kite
How to Build Bridges with Popsicle Sticks
How to Make a Silhouette Art Piece
How to Make Confetti
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...