A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWCGD (what woulda coulda my grandma do)  (Read 387 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fadedoak
« on: February 24, 2006 03:42:51 PM »

suggest a craft for my grandmother , she is horribly bored at her little apartment and we can only visit her once or twice a month. So I really could use your guys (and gals) help in figuring out what she could do to pass time via a craft. Only drawback is that she has pretty bad eyesight, so if we could work around that, it would be quite special to her if she could do something to pass the day along.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faithism
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006 06:41:46 AM »

She should make a photo album/scrapbook of all of the old pictures she has. Add in little comments. It'll give her lots of things to think about, and a chance to bring back some memories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006 07:05:08 AM »

maybe silk flower arranging, my grandma in law does it absolutely beautifully. and it's not a craft but is she interested in some card clubs, etc? our grandma got involved in card games that grew into crafting events with local schoolkids and it's really gotten her involved after her husband died. she lives in a senior community but a lot of places have council on aging groups or other community orgs. that do similar things (and sometimes arrange transportation too). really does wonders for getting involved and social.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittnkitten
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006 07:12:21 AM »

My Grandma really likes to make wreaths, especially for the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006 07:24:07 AM »

I'm a grandma, I live alone.  Although, in a house, rather then an apartment.  I suppose to the grands, my eyesight is failing, too.  I wear one of those magnifier things on my head when I'm doing fine work.  Some of the thing I enjoy, are heirloom sewing and machine embroidery, machine knitting, photography, crochet, raising african violets.  And I adore tooling around my yard on my John Deere lawn mower.  My partner in crime is my 70 year old sister, who is a great grandma, and her DH is still living.

All grandma's are different.  You should ask yours what she likes.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006 08:39:01 AM by GloryB » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sam07

learning to hex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2006 07:52:57 AM »

My Mom( grandma for my five girls) sews,paints, refinishes furniture, does home remodeling,has a flame thrower( for clearing brush from their land- a birthday present), chops firewood and anything else she want to. She also has arthritis and her vision is not great.Talk to your Grandmother and ask her about her childhood. Have her maybe do a journal/memior by talking into a tape recorder. Use these tapes to find something she's interested in , plus you will forever have her life in her own words- a priceless gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How To Make Creamy Coffee-Flavored Ice Cream
The Science Behind Chocolate Ganache
How to Make Rose Petal Petitis Fours
Pechoconut Cake Recipe
How to Make Mini Maraschino Cherry Muffins
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...