A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,185
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feminist Toolbox (Women use tools too dernit!!)  (Read 22367 times)
Tags for this thread: rosie_the_riveter , empowerment , domestic_violence_awareness  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sandi76
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2006 08:06:57 PM »

Just saw this post and had to reply!  I love the toolbox.  Glad your friend did too. 
 My father was a firm believer that if I needed something fixed to go to him or my brother.  But when it came time for me to move out I asked him to show me how to change my oil and fix minor annoyances with my car.  The only thing he did was show me how to check my oil and change my wipers.  He borrowed my truck a couple of months later and returned it with a blown headlight with a promise to fix it the first available opportunity.  Imagine his surprise when he returned later that day and I had already replaced both to be on the safe side.  Luckily I married a man that is glad that I want to know how to fix stuff.  But I will never forget the look he had when I asked him to show me how to change my oil!  He bought me my own toolbox and was going to fill it with necessary tools until he decided it would be cheaper just to let me use his and if they went missing just asked me where they were. He proudly informs my dad that if something needed fixing that I am usually the one to fix it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My heroes don't wear capes or sparkle, they wear combat boots & dog tags!
Swaps: Key Themed
katatonicP
You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2006 06:22:43 PM »

O.k. I guess my question would be, would you consider it "normal" with stay-at-home-dads in the U.S.? Would it be commented on? common? strange? difficult? Just wondering a bit about the gender climate. (Not that it's all that good in Sweden either by the way. In many circles it would be considered strange for a man to stay at home with the children more than he has to, but i's getting better.)

Actually, the friend that i made this toolbox for had a stay-at-home dad for the majority of her life...he is the epitome of the all-American macho man (i.e. likes to work on cars and such) AND he is the coolest...not at all feels immasculated by his at-home role.  Power to switchin up the gender roles eh?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spaz2phreek
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2006 10:05:14 AM »

O.k. I guess my question would be, would you consider it "normal" with stay-at-home-dads in the U.S.? Would it be commented on? common? strange? difficult? Just wondering a bit about the gender climate. (Not that it's all that good in Sweden either by the way. In many circles it would be considered strange for a man to stay at home with the children more than he has to, but i's getting better.)

Actually, the friend that i made this toolbox for had a stay-at-home dad for the majority of her life...he is the epitome of the all-American macho man (i.e. likes to work on cars and such) AND he is the coolest...not at all feels immasculated by his at-home role.  Power to switchin up the gender roles eh?  Wink

Straight up!

LOL So Great ! I am so doing that for my nieces!! ...my brother * whos very macho and non crafty* did something reallyweird for my 16th bday he said he was going to tale me to dinner so i dressed up and it was good then half way home he pulled over and said " Change the Tire" I'm like WHAT! I;m in a skirt and Heels! Bingo says Bro ... If I know you can do this in all that girly crap I never have to worry about some psycho guy chaging your tire and kidnapping you!   Then as a gift he gave me a jack , lug wrench and some various small tools **** All spray pianted Bright metallica blue *my fav* ....such a great bro!
Wow.... You're brother's a good guy.

Love the tools. This is great idea. I think I'll do something like this for a few friends for Christmas this year.

My Papa bought me a tool kit years ago because I was always taking his. Sure was glad when I moved out and we had to put together the bed, the entertainment center, ect. because my boy didn't own a screwdriver, pliers, nothing.

He teases me about being a "fem-nazi" but I just tell him he's just mad because when he finds a spider he comes screaming to me to dispose of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
let_it_bead

A crafter's work is never done...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2006 09:14:07 AM »

I LOVE this tool box!!! I have a purple crowbar but it never crossed my mind to turn all of my tools into something so cool Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2006 09:14:26 AM »

Awesome idea! I love it... I love it!

Honestly, it's just that freaking cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Ambermarie
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2006 02:13:45 PM »

I love the hammer to death.

I broke mine a few months ago and I miss it every day.

(and its true! every woman should have a good tool kit. And what tools I dont have, I steal from the boyfriend, never to be seen by him again.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
liasaun1
« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2006 10:27:41 PM »

Haha, that's awesome. And it's pink. Classic.
If your friend has never read Bitch magazine, by the way, buy her one (or, better, a subscription!) It's the best feminist mag eva.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://omglia.com
Funky & colorful jewelry, clothing, &accessories
http://omgliastash.etsy.com
Destash and supply! Bead and charm lots!
My Blog!
missmeganmisery

Painted Flowers Have No Scent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2006 01:32:51 AM »

best idea ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Megan Misery
I do personal swaps. =]

My Wists:
http://www.wists.com/missmeganmisery
NixArmageddon
Generosity of Spirit

Hand in unloveable hand...

« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2006 09:34:23 AM »

This is amazing. I've always been one to own my own toolset and I couldn't be prouder to see one as beautiful as this! Way to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw an Ellipse
How to Draw Polar Bears
How to Draw Fantasy Creatures
How to Draw a Dragon
How to Draw a Leprechaun
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...