A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poe Swap Gallery  (Read 7797 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2006 08:33:39 AM »

Anybody have any more pictures to post?  I'm anxous to see more Poe goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...we all shine on... ~John Lennon
goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2006 07:24:26 PM »

YES I do  Grin

I got my wonderful package from magpie_eyes - it's a ultra cool package of Poe goodies

I got a geat T-shirt with Lenore stenciled on it in sliver - wonderful stencil - The tote is so nice - it's a got a way cool raven on it in green. Just love the style of it. And the very best most orginal thing is the locket!  It says Tell Tale Heart in the background and has a pink heart charm floating in it - This is beyond cool.

thanks so much Magpie_eyes!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

paradisecrane
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006 05:12:28 AM »

oh wow! that locket is awsome! how did you make it magpie?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone want to swap ATCs?
Visit my shop!
http://applearabesque.etsy.com/
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006 06:01:27 AM »

Wow magpie - awesome things!  I also love the locket, and the purse, and the shirt.  I guess I love everything! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EowynUlysses
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006 12:05:32 PM »

That locket is really great magpie! And your stencil is amazing! Very crisp and precise. Excellent work all around.

I've been very impressed with all the packages in this swap.
I think we're only waiting for one more package to be shipped and the rest are in the mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
magpie_eyes

I like shiny things!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2006 08:37:09 AM »

Hey all!
edit:  here is the package I received from EowynUlysses!  A crocheted  handbag from a Debbie Bliss pattern in my favourite colour,  a handmade sketchbook with an illustration on the front, and some collected stories by Poe.  (modelled by my kitten, Lucky.)  Thank you again EowynUlysses!
also, thanks  for the nice comments everyone!  I made the locket by using a pocket watch case - you can make little collages in them, they are a lot of fun.  And the raven and Lenore are actually silkscreened images, made by the photo -emulsion method.   I am thinking about making myself some Lenore pillowcases now. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012 10:30:08 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

EowynUlysses
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006 06:57:38 PM »

I received from anna-begins today and was simply blown away!
I don't have any pictures today, but I'll do my best to describe everything.

First, a lovely pillow with a fabric silhouette of a raven and the stenciled word "nevermore" in silvery paint written in a pretty Gothic font. The print on the pillow is grey roses on a grey background. So perfectly Poe!

Then a blue paper-machie box, about 3'' on a side. It has two of the final stanzas  of The Raven printed on a clear page (vellum?) and a portrait of a young Poe on a plaque in the center. Each corner lovely antique gold colored um corner dealie. It's just the perfect size to keep all my tape and things together on my desk.

Inside the box, was a wee shrine. It's book-shaped with a book-cover image on the front. It reads "Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Madness, illustrated by Gris Grimly." The inside has a small pin of Poe (where on Earth did you find such a thing?) and a small picture of a raven standing on a book with the words "The Raven" above his head. A small piece of paper reads " "All that we see or seem/ Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allan Poe"

As if all that weren't enough, inside the shrine was a bracelet. It has the most prefect raven pendent you ever saw. The detail is just exquisite. He has individual feathers! He hangs down from a heart-shaped Celtic cross bead. There are 10 wee red heart glass beads and a lovely exquisite silver rose bead. I couldn't wait to but it on!

Also, some lovely blackcurrent tea that is called "Black Raven Tea." I have been wanting blackcurrent tea for a long time and am a huge fan of tea in general. I haven't brewed any yet, because the caffeine would keep me up, but I'm sure it's delicious.

I have been so totally spoiled! My goodness!
I will definitely have to send you some more things magpie, you got gypped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
anna-begins

Think Different

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2006 07:17:20 PM »

I'm so glad you got my package today, EowynUlysses. Thanks again for organizing such a great swap. I loved crafting for this swap because it let me reacquaint myself with some of Poe's work. I took some pictures before sending everything out (except for the little shrine, I made that as an afterthought when I realized i needed something to put the bracelet in).

Pillow:

Bracelet (I wish I could take credit for making the raven charm, but I found it at a bead shop):

Trinket Box:

Black Raven Tea (this is so good - if you ever see it pick some up - it's yummy!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2006 08:14:10 PM »

Wow - what wonderful Poe goodies! thanks for posting - such fun to see what everyone crafted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2006 08:34:40 AM »

Posting what I sent swalsh - she has a lot going on and hasn't been able to be on line much lately. two bookmarks and two magnets and a decop. tissue box with pic's from her fav Poe stories

thanks for setting up a most wonderful swap EowynUlysses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rules Of Thumb For Eyebrow Shaping
Swimwear Slimming Secrets
Affordable Style Staples For The Summer
Tricks For Oily Skin In The Summer
Bobbie Thomas With Marlo Thomas
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...