A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,132
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday Month Swap March gallery!!!  (Read 3916 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006 08:28:41 AM »

Wanna know what's weird-cool?  Lexbean and I have the same birthday and are turning the same age - AND, we have the same last name! 
You guys could be secret seperated at birth twins!

hehe!  We've been discussing that... we are different from each other in a lot of ways, so my latest idea was that we are mirror-image clones.  (The more sci-fi I can fit in, the better!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilonwheels
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006 08:26:37 AM »

Yesterday I received a terrific assortment of vegetarian recipes all handwritten (very nice handwriting, too! ^_^) on super cute paper. Thank you! They're from RobynLisa. I also received my thank you card from potato vixen. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006 01:48:46 PM »

Well, I'm a dork and didn't remember to take pictures before I sent.   Tongue  But my other self (lexbean, my same-birthday-same-age-same-last-name clone) received, so I'll at least describe:

Alexis and I were both in the Altoid Theme revamp swap recently.  I was itching to revamp another tin, and I was confident that she would enjoy getting one.  She is into music, so I covered the top and bottom of the tin with scraps of music pages from an old hymnal.  (I got them as decoupage fodder from another craftster member.)  I used white braid and gold cord around the rim to cover the red of the top.  Inside, I glued in some cream/white/sparkly paper on the top and bottom.  It's a very simple-looking tin, but elegant, I think.  Alexis said it was very much "her," so I was excited.

Inside the tin, I put four pair of earrings.  I dont' know how to make complicated/fancy jewelry, but I like to make button earrings.  (Snip the button shank off the back, glue on an earring backing with E6000, and you're done!)  One pair, made from teh biggest buttons I could find (because she likes big earrings), is black and sort of shaped into big, droopy plus signs.  (Man, that was a bad description.  bad little writer!)  The second were bright red lips, since red is her favorite color.  The third were round and pink, with a stylized sun on each, with the button holes serving as his eyes.  The fourth, her favorite, look like flapper/betty boop-type faces.  They're round and in black and white, with big eyes and pouty lips.

So sorry I don't have pics.   Undecided  Anyway, lexbean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and I'm so glad that you like your present!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006 04:15:47 PM »

I just received a happy birthday surprise from gerbilonwheels.  She made me two binder pages to add to my creative writing binder for inspiration.  One says "Alive by design/Refined by design" and shows a woman in  gorgeous purple dress lounging on a settee.  The other shows Angelina Jolie gazing with concentration at a computer (writing her novel?) and says, "Brave by desigh/san peur (french for Without Fear)."

I love them both!  THANK YOU, miss gerbil!  (And "hello" from the Chicagoland suburbs, by the way!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilonwheels
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006 01:42:08 PM »

hehe It got there so quickly! USPS ~does~ work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexbean
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006 04:24:03 PM »

i LOVE my tin from writer78. i've been devastated by the craftster crash; i thought i was the only one who couldn't get on, so i was fearing you all would think i was the most unappreciative recipient ever. promise i'm grateful and it's GORGEOUS. thank you my alternate-universe-twin-grrrrrl. <3

(i'm a musician so the sheet music papered tin is extra special!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexbean
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006 04:43:18 PM »

i received the most adorable stuffie today, along with some pin backs and seriously the best birthday card i have EVER seen. gerbil--you are wonderful!! the card has a birthday cake sewn to it--i'll have to post a pix when i get my digi cam (for my birthday!!) but that's not for weeks--i'm sorry! the stuffie is so cute. the card said "are those arms or legs? use your imagination! he's sad because before you, he only had his moustache to keep him company"

seriously, SO cute. will post pix--very late--but will do (unless you already took 'em?). thx k!!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006 06:03:14 PM by lexbean » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexbean
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006 08:47:20 AM »

QUINCY134 rocks!!!!

i just received the absolute best stencilling DIY kit ever!!! i'm so excited to get started.
thank you quincy! (will post pix with finished product as soon as i can)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006 03:11:39 PM »

Dear lexbean sent me a thank you card that included an envelope full of homemade stickers!  Several of them are "E's" (my initial), along with a music note and a girl holding a newspaper over her head in the rain.  They were a super nice surprise after a long day.  THANKS, Alexis! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexbean
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006 11:59:11 AM »

i'm feeling so spoiled and special! thanks guys:)

today i received a totally strange and wonderful piece of artwork from rainysummer. i wish i had a photo. it's crazy weird and great. rainy rox. picture blue vertical stripes in the background, four flattened drink umbrellas down the left side (real umbrellas. not pictures), a dog with a real button on his collar, and the words "laughter" and "style. unlike any other" sort of randomly distributed. SO CUTE. thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cranberry Holiday Eye Makeup Tutorial
5 Things to Try This November 2014: Thanksgiving Decorations
Genius Concealer Hacks Every Woman Needs to Know
VF NEWS: Dries Van Noten Spring/Summer 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
VF NEWS: Kristian Aadnevik Spring/Summer 2015 - London Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...