A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birthday Month Swap March gallery!!!  (Read 3564 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 23, 2006 11:29:03 AM »

Happy Birthday all you Marchies! Just a friendly reminder about this swap...
One of the requirements for a positive feedback is to have a Thank You note/card/letter sent, with in two weeks of receiving. Please remember to PM me when you send (a wish or a Thank You) and when you receive (a wish or a Thank You!). Also, please make an effort to post pictures of your goods.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Lastly, if you need a change in your feedback and don't see it within a couple of days, please let me know!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006 01:44:12 PM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006 07:36:35 PM »

Okay, so I just got home from work and in my mail box is a letter from, Woah! Molly in Florida? She sent me a mixed cd! Why is this even more super awesome than normal? Because I just dropped her mixed cd in the mail the other day! She made me a country mix *<3* I haven't listened to it yet (the label on it seems to not like my ibook grrrrr) but I'm about to put it in my regular cd player and crank out the country. WOoohooo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006 08:28:48 PM »

Molly is Potatovixen! (in case you all didn't know!) Yay!

Happy Birthday March-ies!
*** Everyone, please don't forget to PM me when you send and receive, AND also the special catch to this swap is that you have to send a Thank You! You have two weeks to get one in hand! Don't forget to write your return addresses clearly so the receiver can send you and awesome Thank-You! And last thing, please PM me when you receive your thank you. It is not necessary to get a DC number for your thank you notes, but let me know when you have sent them OK? Thanks everyone! Let the games begin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006 08:32:57 PM »

Sorry Javastain. I was going to PM you soon, but I lost the DC number in my book bag and was waiting to fish it out first. ^_^ I was so excited I posted this first.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006 08:34:53 PM »

Grin I know, my birthday is waaay more important than paperwork and technicalities too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006 08:41:32 PM »

Okay, because this is too funny I have to post yet again on here. Potatovixen included a song on my cd that I was going to put on hers! hehehe
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006 08:49:46 AM by gerbilonwheels » THIS ROCKS   Logged
potatovixen
If this were my career...

... I'd have to throw myself in front of a train

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006 10:35:19 AM »

wow, i get a cd? excellent! now I'm going to be hovering over the mailbox more than I normally do!
Okay, because this is too funny I have to post yet again on here. Potatovixen included a song on my cd that I put on hers! hehehe

hmm.... i can't wait to figure out which one it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam: "Okay, if I have to do this, based on stereotypes which are totally untrue, that I do not agree with, you're maybe not a  very good driver."
Dwight: "Aww, Man! Am I a WOMAN!?"

www.myspace.com/potatovixen04

http://potatovixen04.deviantart.com

http://potatovixen.livejournal.com
Writer78
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006 03:38:14 PM »

Wanna know what's weird-cool?  Lexbean and I have the same birthday and are turning the same age - AND, we have the same last name! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

potatovixen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2006 01:27:08 PM »

I got a CD in the mail today from gerbilonwheels! it's fantastic!
I didn't take a pic or anything, but here's the playlist:

1. "Matinee" - Franz Derdinand
2. "Lover I Don't Have to Love" - Bright Eyes
3. "So Sad About Me" - Cowboy Mouth
4. "Time With You" - Billy Currington
5. "Crown of Love" - The Arcade Fire
6. "The End of All Romance" - The Dears
7. "Leif Erickson" - Interpol
8. "If You Must Know" - Dead Letter Box
9. "I Believe in Symmetry" - Bright Eyes
10. "Funny Ol' Kind of Music" - Webb Brothers
11. "Ain't what it Used to Be" - Billy Currington
12. "Waiting All my Life" - Rascal Flatts
13. "Peach, Plum, Pear" - Joanna Newson
14. "Na Na Na NaNaa" - The Kaiser Chiefs
15. "Inflammatory Writ" - Joanna Newson
16. "You, Me, and the Moon" - The Magnetic Fields
17. "Brand New Colony" - The Postal Service
18. "Please, Please, Please" - The Shout Out Louds
19. "Would You Love Me?" - Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband
20. "Trying to Find Atlantis" - Jamie O'Neal

Country and Indie are the two kinds of music I listen to most, so this is perfect. And I looooove The Kaiser Chiefs and the Postal Service!
Thank you so much!

And since I forgot to include a playlist on the one I sent her, here it is. It's all country:

1. "Countrier Than Thou" - Robbie Fulks
2. "California Girls" - Gretchen Wilson
3. "What it Ain't" - Josh Turner
4. "I Don't" - Danielle Peck
5. "Gin and Juice" - The Gourds
6. "Down in Mississippi (And Up to no Good)" - Sugarland
7. "Hillbillies" - Hot Apple Pie
8. "Sweet Savannah" - Shooter Jennings
9. "Mama, I'm Alright" - Miranda Lambert
10. "You Don't Mess Around with Jim" - Josh Turner
11. "I'll Take That as as Yes (The Hot Tub Song)" - Phil Vassar
12. "Kerosene" - Miranda Lambert
13. "Dream Big" - Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband (woo, we had a band in common!)
14. "4th of July" - Shooter Jennings
15. "Boondocks" - Little Big Town
16. "Good Woman Bad" - Josh Turner
17. "Tennessee" - Sugarland
18. "Cowboys are Frequently Secretly (Fond of Each Other)" - Willie Nelson
19. "Cornfed" - Shannon Brown
20. "Manifesto #1" - Shooter Jennings
21. "Stand Back Up" - Sugarland

And I also thought it really appropriate that I got it the day before my actual birthday. good timing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam: "Okay, if I have to do this, based on stereotypes which are totally untrue, that I do not agree with, you're maybe not a  very good driver."

orangeabsinthe

On the eighth day, God created beer!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2006 08:13:18 AM »

Wanna know what's weird-cool?  Lexbean and I have the same birthday and are turning the same age - AND, we have the same last name! 
You guys could be secret seperated at birth twins!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2006 08:28:41 AM »

You guys could be secret seperated at birth twins!

hehe!  We've been discussing that... we are different from each other in a lot of ways, so my latest idea was that we are mirror-image clones.  (The more sci-fi I can fit in, the better!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilonwheels
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006 08:26:37 AM »

Yesterday I received a terrific assortment of vegetarian recipes all handwritten (very nice handwriting, too! ^_^) on super cute paper. Thank you! They're from RobynLisa. I also received my thank you card from potato vixen. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006 01:48:46 PM »

Well, I'm a dork and didn't remember to take pictures before I sent.   Tongue  But my other self (lexbean, my same-birthday-same-age-same-last-name clone) received, so I'll at least describe:

Alexis and I were both in the Altoid Theme revamp swap recently.  I was itching to revamp another tin, and I was confident that she would enjoy getting one.  She is into music, so I covered the top and bottom of the tin with scraps of music pages from an old hymnal.  (I got them as decoupage fodder from another craftster member.)  I used white braid and gold cord around the rim to cover the red of the top.  Inside, I glued in some cream/white/sparkly paper on the top and bottom.  It's a very simple-looking tin, but elegant, I think.  Alexis said it was very much "her," so I was excited.

Inside the tin, I put four pair of earrings.  I dont' know how to make complicated/fancy jewelry, but I like to make button earrings.  (Snip the button shank off the back, glue on an earring backing with E6000, and you're done!)  One pair, made from teh biggest buttons I could find (because she likes big earrings), is black and sort of shaped into big, droopy plus signs.  (Man, that was a bad description.  bad little writer!)  The second were bright red lips, since red is her favorite color.  The third were round and pink, with a stylized sun on each, with the button holes serving as his eyes.  The fourth, her favorite, look like flapper/betty boop-type faces.  They're round and in black and white, with big eyes and pouty lips.

So sorry I don't have pics.   Undecided  Anyway, lexbean, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, and I'm so glad that you like your present!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2006 04:15:47 PM »

I just received a happy birthday surprise from gerbilonwheels.  She made me two binder pages to add to my creative writing binder for inspiration.  One says "Alive by design/Refined by design" and shows a woman in  gorgeous purple dress lounging on a settee.  The other shows Angelina Jolie gazing with concentration at a computer (writing her novel?) and says, "Brave by desigh/san peur (french for Without Fear)."

I love them both!  THANK YOU, miss gerbil!  (And "hello" from the Chicagoland suburbs, by the way!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilonwheels
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006 01:42:08 PM »

hehe It got there so quickly! USPS ~does~ work...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexbean
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2006 04:24:03 PM »

i LOVE my tin from writer78. i've been devastated by the craftster crash; i thought i was the only one who couldn't get on, so i was fearing you all would think i was the most unappreciative recipient ever. promise i'm grateful and it's GORGEOUS. thank you my alternate-universe-twin-grrrrrl. <3

(i'm a musician so the sheet music papered tin is extra special!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexbean
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2006 04:43:18 PM »

i received the most adorable stuffie today, along with some pin backs and seriously the best birthday card i have EVER seen. gerbil--you are wonderful!! the card has a birthday cake sewn to it--i'll have to post a pix when i get my digi cam (for my birthday!!) but that's not for weeks--i'm sorry! the stuffie is so cute. the card said "are those arms or legs? use your imagination! he's sad because before you, he only had his moustache to keep him company"

seriously, SO cute. will post pix--very late--but will do (unless you already took 'em?). thx k!!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006 06:03:14 PM by lexbean » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lexbean
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2006 08:47:20 AM »

QUINCY134 rocks!!!!

i just received the absolute best stencilling DIY kit ever!!! i'm so excited to get started.
thank you quincy! (will post pix with finished product as soon as i can)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2006 03:11:39 PM »

Dear lexbean sent me a thank you card that included an envelope full of homemade stickers!  Several of them are "E's" (my initial), along with a music note and a girl holding a newspaper over her head in the rain.  They were a super nice surprise after a long day.  THANKS, Alexis! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexbean
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006 11:59:11 AM »

i'm feeling so spoiled and special! thanks guys:)

today i received a totally strange and wonderful piece of artwork from rainysummer. i wish i had a photo. it's crazy weird and great. rainy rox. picture blue vertical stripes in the background, four flattened drink umbrellas down the left side (real umbrellas. not pictures), a dog with a real button on his collar, and the words "laughter" and "style. unlike any other" sort of randomly distributed. SO CUTE. thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006 08:02:05 PM »

Soon I will take pics of the binder pages from gerbil and post them.  (Sorry so late!)

Below are pics of the goods I sent to quincy134 for her WEdnesday golden birthday.  She asked for a clutch:

This was the first time I'd sewn a clutch, and I was so relieved to pull it off!  Inside, I added a barrette:

quincy is into historical mysteries, so I figured this Victorian-themed barrette might suit her tastes.

Again, gerbil, I'm sorry for the delay on pics of what you made - I will get them taken and posted by this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

potatovixen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006 05:14:29 PM »

I got my thank you card from gerbilonwheels today. The artwork on it is uber pretty.  Grin It's a really neat drawing of two [rather stylish] girls whispering to each other.

And gerbil, i'm sorry the last two songs on your CD don't work! I was going to make the CD longer but my computer was telling me I had too many songs, and it might've just cut those two off to spite me. Angry

Oh well.... I'm glad you enjoy the rest of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quincy134
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2006 07:26:56 AM »

Thanks for posting pics, Writer78!  I love the clutch and the hair clip.  They suit me well.  I love the cameo. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2006 05:38:59 PM »

Here is my overdue picture of the binder inserts that gerbilonwheels made for me.  THANK YOU, gerbil!  I appreciate it very much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quincy134
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2006 07:40:50 AM »

This is just a quick note to thank whoever sent me a needle roll.  I'm out of town right now, but my bf got the package at our apartment and mentioned it to me over the phone.  I will be back at my apartment on monday to actually oh and ah over it and get pics.  I have enough knitting needles to fill five of these, so this is really appreciated!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2006 12:12:45 PM »

I just got my mail after being away at a sales meeting this week.  The *lovely* princessblueberry - who has always taken extra good care of me - made me a mini journal!!  *squeals with delight*

I can't get enough of mini journals, and blueberry has a real flair for decoupage.  For example, the ballet dancer on the front is a fairy because blueberry thought to add wings - and the wings themselves are text from a book in Spanish.  Being a very literal/linear-minded chick, I would never think of a creative detail like that, and that's why I love blueberry's approach!  She always surprises me!  (Also, the Scrabble letter H near the bottom is expanded into the word "hope" - which I find comforting and inspiring.)

THANKS, P-B!!!

My two b-day gift recipients have each sent me thank you notes.  I sent one thank you, and now I owe one to the princess.  That catches me up.  THANK YOU for making the birth-month fun for those of us with March b-days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princessblueberry
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2006 11:10:18 PM »

I just love to make people squeal with delight it is so much fun  Wink

Cool my opa and I have been trying to figure out what language that was. . .the wings are from a set of books my uncle gave me for crafts.  He could not sell them as the covers are disintegrating since it is from at least 1875 per the inscription and lithograph images...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strangers are just family you have not met yet. . .
~Mitch Albom

wist...http://www.wists.com/princessblueberry
Quincy134
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2006 03:59:54 PM »

As I mentioned before, I got a lovely needle roll from Kristina (not sure what her username is).  It's made of the cutest rainbow hearts fabric.  Thanks so much!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilonwheels
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2006 05:52:09 PM »

Sorry I ALWAYS forget my username. hehe ^_^ I'm glad you like it.

OH, and I received a super cute sticker packed thank you card from Lexbean and if I didn't mention it earlier I received a thank you with a magnet from Writer78 (a very beautiful card, too).

« Last Edit: April 09, 2006 08:17:57 PM by gerbilonwheels » THIS ROCKS   Logged
star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006 04:10:08 PM »

AHH!!! I was screaming this morning! Okay, so my mum went to the post office, TWO packages! I got a lovely argyle sock monkey from RobynLisa! He is soooo cute!!!

(insert pic when I put it up here)

I have named him Cornelius! I love him so much, I have him on my shoulder right now!

And from gerbilonwheels, I got a skirt pattern for a skirt I absolutley adored on asiajam.com

http://www.asiajam.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=132 (this skirt)

Thank you soo much guys! I really appreciate the gifts!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006 04:14:59 PM by star69 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2006 04:26:21 PM »

Yay! Glad you like it. Let me know if you need help walking you through the pattern since I didn't write up proper instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
star69

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2006 04:31:38 PM »

I may..I'm a retard..I need instruction! I'll post a pic when I make it! I should buy some tweed to make it with as well! I keep yours as a pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Writer78
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2006 11:20:47 AM »

I got a sweet package yesterday - three pretty ponytail holders:

Thanks, Elizabeth from Texas!  I've got your thank you note ready - I just need to find a little something to tuck inside Wink and it will be out in tomorrow's mail!  (I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what your screenname is - your name seems familiar, so if we've crossed paths before and I should know your screenname, please forgive my forgetfulness!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quincy134
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2006 06:04:16 PM »

Thank you Happythermia for the awesome hat I got in the mail today!  It suits my style perfectly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2006 06:47:25 PM »

Thank you Happythermia for the awesome hat I got in the mail today!  It suits my style perfectly!

adorable hat, quincy!

Beth (I'm sorry, I keep forgetting her screenname) received her surprise from me - a drawstring pouch and a matching mini journal, made/covered with the same sari fabric that I got in another swap from tesstessi.  It was my first-ever journal, and I was so excited to pull it off - I hope very much that Beth likes it and can use it!  (I dorked out again and forgot to take pictures, so Beth will when she has time.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambraqi
Me and Einstein chillin'.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2006 02:05:10 AM »

I'm sorry I haven't posted pics yet, but I've been in New York on a school trip for the past weekend and promise to post sometime this week. Thank you again Eva for the great pouch and journal!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*My Wists*

*Ravelry*

I <3 Personal Swaps!!!!
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2006 04:02:26 PM »

Ok everyone! I have updated feedbacks, PLEASE let me know if your feedback is not accurate!!! I loved this swap! I am so glad I could pass on the fun of the birthday swap! YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
potatovixen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2006 09:15:28 PM »

Thanks so much, javastain! It was nice to get such a great gift from a complete stranger and to be able to give a gift in return.

Happy belated birthday, fellow Marchies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006 05:36:14 AM »

I'm sorry I haven't posted pics yet, but I've been in New York on a school trip for the past weekend and promise to post sometime this week. Thank you again Eva for the great pouch and journal!

so glad you liked the goodies, doll!  No rush on pictures; I know college can be crazy-busy.  i'll look forward to pics when it's convenient for you.

Thanks to my three birthday givers - gerbilonwheels, princessblueberry, and superstitch - and smooches to my three recipients.  It was a really nice way to celebrate March!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

star69

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2006 03:34:43 PM »

Okay!! The pictures! So, besides the skirt pattern (which isn't very intresting without a skirt), here's my lovely new monkey, Cornelius!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2006 03:45:23 PM »

Okay!! The pictures! So, besides the skirt pattern (which isn't very intresting without a skirt), here's my lovely new monkey, Cornelius!!

AWWWWwwww... he's so cuuuutteee  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
kidcompassion

get down off your high horse and buy me a taco.

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2006 09:59:47 PM »

a late addition to the gallery (darn you canada post!) is this super awesome toy ambraqi sent me for my birthday.

isn't he the cutest? his name is fuzz and i'm totally smitten with him. and the most amazing part, which you probably won't be able to tell from the pic, is he's very small, and ambraqi's work is very intricate. it was a fantastic birthday surprise!!! thank you so much!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambraqi
Me and Einstein chillin'.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2006 03:36:47 PM »

OMG!!! This month has been stressful and a camera with dead batteries does not help! I'm sorry that it took me so long to post these, but here are the awesome pouch and journal that writer78 made for me:

The fabric is sooo pretty! Thanks Eva!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*My Wists*

*Ravelry*

I <3 Personal Swaps!!!!
gerbilonwheels
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2006 05:37:04 PM »

Fuzz is sooooo soooo sooo cute! He looks so well finished, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Matthew Aaron Goodman Discusses the Inspiration Behind His Book
Christopher Rice on His Book Blind Fall
Jennifer Weiner Discusses Goodnight Nobody
Peter Walsh Reveals His Most Noticeable Trait
Jodi Picoult Reveals House Rules
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...