A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
346 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Office Cube Decorating Ideas?  (Read 5536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2006 06:46:51 AM »

I just got upgraded to a bigger cube at work and I am planning to decorate it so it is THE most fabulous office cube in state government!  My theory is why spend all day surrounded by ugly?  That has GOT to effect your mood and productivity!

So, I was wondering two things:

1.  Have any of you decorated your office cubes and if so what have you done to make them liveable?

2.  What suggestions do you have to make a drab government office cube fabulous?

I can't wait to hear what you all come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006 07:16:22 AM »

*definitely does not work in a cube, hasnt seen one in quite some time*
they're made of stuff you can stick pins in though, right? Could you fabric the walls? Obviously couldnt paint or wallpaper, but maybe you could put up fabric...of course, it might get a little tricky working around the desk.  Hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006 01:35:30 PM »

My "deluxe cube" has two real walls and two cube walls.  It comes with this cube table thing and a traditional desk. I'm going to try to post pictures later tonight.  I brought my camera to work today for ye olde work baby shower so I took a few moments to document the true horror of the before cube!

You can't really put push pins into these cube walls for some reason. But....you CAN clip things over the top so hooking fabric up that way might work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyPop
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006 01:39:33 PM »

Mine is decorated with loads and loads of silkscreened gigposter art. I also have a few flyers and cool post cards/photographs, etc. On my bookshelf, I have a few binders and a dictionary, and the rest of the space is all kinds of toys (simpsons, pez, vintage lunchboxes, hot wheels, etc.). Beneath that, I have a bulletin board, which has more cool postcards, bumper stickers, pins, etc. on it. Also on my bookshelf, I have a lot of marble magnets holding up pics. I also have a magnet that a friend made that is a closeup of a slide of "erythroid hyperplasia" (too many red blood cells?) that is totally pretty, an elvis magnet from graceland, a KY BLUEGRASS STATE magnet, and a magnet that the Lady Chablis gave me a few derbys ago. Also, in the corner of my cube, behind where my computer and junk are, I have a pink lawn flamingo with it's head peeping over the corner.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyPop
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006 01:42:32 PM »

My "deluxe cube" has two real walls and two cube walls.  It comes with this cube table thing and a traditional desk. I'm going to try to post pictures later tonight.  I brought my camera to work today for ye olde work baby shower so I took a few moments to document the true horror of the before cube!

You can't really put push pins into these cube walls for some reason. But....you CAN clip things over the top so hooking fabric up that way might work.

One of my coworkers had her old cube wallpapered in retro Victorian wrapping paper. Also, even though push pins don't work, STRAIGHT PINS DO! You just has to use them with a downward angle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006 01:53:03 PM »

Straight pins!!!  GENIUS!!! 

I just think it is bad for you to be surrounded by ugly for this many hours a day every day!

My friend keeps teasing me... "When are you moving from the single wide to the double wide?"  Cube humor I suppose.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BabyPop
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006 01:56:47 PM »

Oh, I also have this printed out and hung in my cubicle. It's brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006 04:26:58 PM »

heheheh that is awesome! 

Right now I have this amendment from a bill from the (Florida)Legislative session from a couple of years ago that would have required the port-a-potty guy/girl to be an apprentice for two years before he/she could be THE port-a-potty guy/girl!!!  I have it to remind me that things could ALWAYS be worse!  I could be the port-a-potty apprentice!! 

I don't think it passed.

I make copies of it for people when they are having truly crappy days.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2006 02:18:47 PM »

I love that website. I actually am considering posting the AN OPEN LETTER
TO THE SQUIRREL
TRYING TO CHEW ITS WAY
THROUGH MY ROOF.  On the roof! weve got a squirrel invasion
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006 06:16:55 PM »

As promised!!! Here are pictures of The Deluxe Cube aka The Double Wide!

Notes:
I'm thinking the BIG HUGE desk has to go! It won't work with a computer very well. Plus there is zero leg room which won't work for a fidgeter like me!  I'm thinking a plain 6 foot table with a two drawer filing cabinet under it for storage all covered with a Velcro fabric attached skirt. It all depends on what I can secure at the fabled state warehouse!  I cannot wait to go and dig through that place!!! It has GOT to be a goldmine!

Consider this your tour de cube!

From the doorway:

From the back lefthand corner:

From the back righthand corner:
The big X in the background is covering a co-worker's name.

From kind of sort of next to that big old desk!  Taken from that corner.

Idea for a hanging mechanism
I thought this sort of thing could work to hang fabric on the drab walls since push pins don't work.  I'm also considering Velcro.

The secret of the hanging mechanism:

Just so you know how DELUX the new cube really is, here is my current cube complete with the filling cabinet that does not fit so it sat in the middle....well sort of off to the side!
The black stuff is my attempt to conceal anything that I could get in trouble for posting on the web.

So, this concludes your tour de cube!  Any ideas!?! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How To Draw Betty Boop
How To Draw The Moon
How To Draw A Cartoon Alien
How To Draw Saturn
How To Draw Cartoon Monsters
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...