A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Manly man anniversary gift HELP!!!!  (Read 1374 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mamaofsugarbaby
« on: February 27, 2006 10:25:26 AM »

My 5 year wedding anniversary is 3/30 and I want to make something for hubby but have no idea what here is some info:  He is 26 and a very macho manly man, he is nuts about poker, fav color is black--any ideas on something crafty i can create would be very much appreciated!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

'I like your sleeves!'
            -Napoleon Dynamite
dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006 12:47:40 PM »

well, the traditional 5 yr wedding gift is wood and modern's silverware. maybe paint an unfinished wood box and line it with green felt for his poker stuff or to hold watches, etc.? sorry not many ideas....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
4Winds
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006 11:09:59 AM »

The poker box idea is great.  For my hubby with a sweet tooth, I found an old wooden chemistry set box and filled all the little cubbies with his favorite candies as a 5th anniversary gift.  Wood opens up so many possibilities:  a little wooden change holder, a picture frame, a little chest filled with mementos, a coat rack of some kind, a remote control caddy...
I know this isn't exactly romantic (but men do tend to perceive things a little differently), but you could take a picture of some "cowgirl" clothes with cards spilled over them on your bedroom floor, put it in a lovingly crafted picture frame and attach a card challenging him to a game of "Texas Hold 'Em."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.  ~ Og Mandino
I am the light of the world... ~ Jesus
soadchik
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006 11:41:04 AM »

its not necc. crafty for you to do.. but it kind of a craft/hobby for your hubby.. I'm getting my husband this microbrewery kit for his birthday in may
http://www.mrbeer.com/view.php?id=gp-kitbrewtensil&toplevel=Ingredients&currentitem=3&showgroup=Gift%20Page%20Items&menu=sub3&mactive=2&subactive=-1&toplevel=Ingredients&currentitem=3&showgroup=Gift%20Page%20Items&menu=sub6&mactive=5&subactive=-1

Another idea is to maybe make a cool poker table cover... the poker box idea dee521 mentioned sounds cool too.  I got my hubby a jack daniel's poker tin that had compartments for the cards, chips, and dealer buttons.. it would be pretty easy to make something like that in wood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Mottled Background with Acrylic Paint
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh Talk Art and Basketball At Art Basel
How to Paint a Sky With Acrylic
How to Paint Waves, Rocks, and Surf with Acrylic
How to Paint Trees With Acrylic
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...