A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help finding pattern for 2-piece vest  (Read 427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

saf4
« on: February 22, 2006 09:56:16 AM »

I saw a great vest in a store and was wondering if anyone has tried making this.  The vest looks like it is made from 2 rectangles.  One long piece forms the upper back and goes over the shoulders and down to form the 2 fronts.  The curl in the stockinette stitch forms the collar.  The second piece forms the rest of the back. I hope I am describing this clearly. the overall look is of a regular vest with collar.  I have searched the internet to no avail.  Thanks for any help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006 12:59:51 PM »

well, it sounds like it would be really easy to make.  you just need a friend and a tape measure. 
For the long piece, measure your front from hip to hip (or however low you want it to go) and from center of armpit to center of armpit. Take whichever one was bigger and divide by 2.  This is the width of the long piece.  The length will be a bit trickier.  I think what you want would be from the top of your shoulder to however low you want it to go x2 + shoulder-to-shoulder.  The easy way to make this would be to cast on enough for the width, and then keep trying it on till it's the right length, then cast off.

The second piece will be as twice as wide as the first (smaller if you're really busty - just measure from armpit to armpit and from hip to hip across your back), and the height will be from the desired end point to your armpit.

Then you sew it together
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sachis2112
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006 02:06:42 PM »

Can you mention the store?  Maybe they have a pic online?  I'm sure you've already checked but the answer is always no until you ask...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saf4
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006 08:44:20 PM »

It is a local store - no web site.  The next time I am there I will check the sweater label.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Vietnamese Pork Chops
How to Cook Maple and Soy-Glazed Flank Steak
How to Cook Spicy Basil Chicken
Five Curry Recipes
How to Cook Five-Spice Pork Lo Mein
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...