A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decopagued Clipboard  (Read 2226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sun_lyt
« on: June 24, 2004 06:25:57 PM »

Hey guys. I'm mostly a lurker, but once and a while I *might* post something and today's your lucky day.

A few nights ago I decopagued a old clipboard of mine for a friend and here it is:
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sunkisst32/000_0019.jpg
It turned out pretty good except for on some of the cut outs, there are bumps because I put the mod-podge on it before it was dry on the bottom.
http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sunkisst32/000_0020.jpg

this is what I used to decopague it:

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sunkisst32/000_0023.jpg
It's by Plaid (sorry the image is blurry)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010 08:03:48 AM by SevsOnlyGirl - Reason: missing photos » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004 07:44:33 PM »

nice work, i do something like this to my text books for school so they dont get damaged. i wrap it in a brown paper bag then stick on some images then cover everything in packing tape, it doesnt looks as good as being decopagued but it works
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
sun_lyt
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004 10:31:40 AM »

nice work, i do something like this to my text books for school so they dont get damaged. i wrap it in a brown paper bag then stick on some images then cover everything in packing tape, it doesnt looks as good as being decopagued but it works

thanks for the pitty post haha!

Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ReesaRe
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004 10:50:51 AM »

i love doing this to clipboards! yours looks great, you really covered it. I wanted to offer up a suggestion- because i have modge-podged many o' clipboard:
sometimes the stuff's just too sticky. I bought some clear, plastic, sticky text book cover (It comes in a roll) and i used that to cover up all the magazine clippings on the board. It comes in sheets (on a roll) so its easy to use, you get a piece big enough for the board and cover it. just a suggestion.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"In a good shoe, I wear a size six, but a seven feels so good, I buy a size eight."
sun_lyt
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004 04:52:27 PM »

i love doing this to clipboards! yours looks great, you really covered it. I wanted to offer up a suggestion- because i have modge-podged many o' clipboard:
sometimes the stuff's just too sticky. I bought some clear, plastic, sticky text book cover (It comes in a roll) and i used that to cover up all the magazine clippings on the board. It comes in sheets (on a roll) so its easy to use, you get a piece big enough for the board and cover it. just a suggestion.

that's such a great idea! It also wouldn't be as bumpy when you mess up like me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blkrainb0w
And we both can dance on streaks in the sky.

*knit - knit - knit*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004 04:44:38 AM »

I really like your clip board, I think I will try something like that I do have a clip board somewheres lol! Good Work!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iloveconverse
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004 11:11:18 AM »

I HAVE NEVER TRYED THAT GLUE BEFORE I ALWAYS YOU ROYAL COAT. bUT I LIKE THE CLIPBOARD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shanghai Hairy Crabs
Making Pearl River Chicken
Kama Sutra Saki Teriyaki Salmon
Great Wall Cookbook Review
Cooking at Boom Noodle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...