A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Stuff I Can Make Round 3 Gallery  (Read 31877 times)
Tags for this thread: clapotis  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #170 on: May 12, 2006 06:14:17 PM »

rosali sent me some lovely photographs from her hometown of Windsor in the UK.  She included little notes for each picture!
I told her I had questions, but that I'd ask em here Wink

I work in a photolab and our paper is all glossy, but these are printed on nice stiff matte paper, like the consistency of a postcard (can a postcard have a consistency?).  What kind of paper is it?

Is a guesthouse something like a bed n' breakfast where a family lives there, but people can come and stay and get big breakfasts and feel like being at home?  Or is it a hostel? 

I'm guessing the castle grounds must be huuuge.  Does the royal family automatically have to go to St. George's private school?  I also didn't realize that there were several places that are owned by the Royal Family (I'm just now peeking at the Royal Website).  Windsor is the largest occupied castle in the world!!!  And in your hometown!  Wow!  So when the Queen comes, does she have a huge cavalry and people come out to the streets to see?  Does she wave? 
Ooh and here's what it says about St. George's : "St. George's Chapel remains an active centre for worship, with weekly services. The Chapel is a Royal Peculiar, that is, a chapel which is not subject to a bishop or archbishop but which owes its allegiance directly to the Sovereign."

What is Queen Mary's famous dollhouse like?

It's all very exciting to me.  I haven't been overseas yet, I just get to study about it when I read up on Art History (which is an excellent way to learn history).   My fiance has been to Europe (Munchen, Germany, Paris, France, Florence, Italy).  I've just travelled around the U.S.A.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Swaps:  OTT October10/21, Creepy Cute Stuffie10/23
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2006 05:29:44 AM »

Ooh I didn't realise it was special paper, I just used this by HP and my little photo printer: http://i2.tinypic.com/zkn1g0.jpg

A guesthouse is the same as a B&B I think. In Britain they're always run by a lovely middle-aged lady who cooks fantastic eggs!

St George's is a day school is for posh children in Windsor, but the royal family's kids go to even posher boarding schools, like Eton.
Usually the Queen drives into the castle through royal parkland so nobody knows she's come or gone, unless you live in Windsor Great Park (like my boyfriend lucky sod!) and happen to see her Bentley. The cavalry do do official marches (called the Changing of the Guard) every so often, which is annoying as it's right in the centre of town and tourists line the streets so you can't get to McDonalds for about 1/2 an hour (and they always do it around lunch time, don't they realise a girl's gotta eat! Angry)
I've never been into the dollhouse, I guess as I've lived in Windsor my whole life you take these things for granted and don't bother to see things that other people travel miles to see!

I can't believe your fiance has been all round Europe but not stopped off in Britain! *Poshest English accent* "How very rude!"  Cheesy

P.S. This was my favourite photo, the archway's so huge and beautiful but the lady and her daughter seem oblivious of it, bored even.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006 05:35:55 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2006 07:31:06 PM »

His parents were in London last year?  Maybe the year before that and they enjoyed it very much so.  They said it was expensive there, though.  They stayed in a home but it was a suite,  maybe it was a guest house?  I remember they said it was in a houselike building... one of the tall ones where they're narrow but right next to each other and each one is a little different. 
Hah, I like the picture where you point out the little ducky.  To me it's interesting that those buildings that are sooo old and, you know, people have lived and died in them.. they're still standing and still being used.  You can't beat really great construction...  not like it is nowadays.

I think it's interesting to hear about the royal family...  do people feel more allegiance towards the family than to the prime minister?

Oh and when my fiance was in Europe, most people just laughed about the USA's president.  He didn't get a lot of hostility, which I was somewhat concerned about.  Then again he was with two other guys and they attemped to speak _____ language rather than demanding English. 
I don't really get to hear what other countires think about America....  I would say our news centers around the USA and fatalities or some other crimes.  It's pretty depressing.  National news is about what bomb went off, or some riots against the USA.  I happened to hear the news the other night and they're contemplating putting in a coal-burning energy plant in Iowa, and how it would create a lot of jobs but others were concerned about the health such as asthma that has been statistically proven to be a product of it (on and on). 
That's why I stopped watching the news a while ago.  That and for some reason the paper isn't delivered to our door anymore.  Eh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
Swaps:  OTT October10/21, Creepy Cute Stuffie10/23
TheRehn

being a FOC is cool :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2006 06:59:53 AM »

I don't really get to hear what other countires think about America....  I would say our news centers around the USA and fatalities or some other crimes.  It's pretty depressing. 

ooh check out democracynow.org - I love their podcasts - not being in america/ an american it has some stuff i've not heard about in the U.K, but it doesn't seem so U.S centric and well so stupid as mainstream american news (from what I gather). Quite interesting anaylis etc Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haven't been too well recently - not fallen off the face of the earth.
Ooh - I have a Wist http://www.wists.com/TheRehn
racehorse87
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2006 06:14:28 PM »

Ooooo, despite being in this swap, I somehow haven't seen the gallery in quite awhile. So many lovely things.  Cheesy

But I must say that the loveliest is the gorgeous shawl lauriemk make me. Here's an action shot of the 6-foot wonder (it's taller than I am!)!

The yarn she used is super soft, and the whole thing is well made!  Cheesy

The front!

The back!

Thank you super super much - I love it, and am happy to finally have a fabulous shawl that goes with pretty much most of my clothes!  Grin

On a little side note - this may be delayed, but this comment is the funniest thing I have heard all day:

Hmmm... If I went by the screen name catpants, I'd be quite afraid if kittykill came running at me.

I laughed enough to make my brother ask me about it, and then he started laughing too.  Grin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006 06:26:58 PM by racehorse87 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lauriemk
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2006 06:33:56 PM »

yay!  It looks great on you!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 15, 2006 12:16:20 AM »

Oh that's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k8kre8s
hand-made, not slave-made

power to the cats

« Reply #177 on: May 16, 2006 04:38:04 PM »

lasandri received my little package and she has 2 finals, so i'm posting for her (and ignoring the fact that I actually have a paper to write).

here are the goods:
the original request of a card wallet

and the little pouch i decided to make as a bonus

glad you like it lasandri!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: May 16, 2006 04:40:14 PM »

thank you so much k8! i love everything. i've been checking while doing my final project in to see if you've posted so i could comment, and i'm glad to see you have... isn't the stuff she sent AWESOME! i love them both!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2006 06:58:31 AM »

I love the whale pouch! soooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set Auto Mode Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Sunset Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Sports Scene
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Product Photography
Canon SD770 IS: Set for Portrait Scene
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...