1. Go to your stash and find that one ball of special yarn you’ve been saving.
2. Knit a swatch in your favorite stitch about 2 inches bigger than what you want it to hold. (Cables work great. Basket weave is also another one of my favorites). I normally go down about 2 needles size than what the yarn would call for to make a really tight piece of fabric.
3. Block your finished piece if necessary.
4. Pin a piece of fabric to the inside of your knitted piece. Tuck all the edges in.
5. Sew the fabric to the knitting across the top.
6. Sew up the sides of the purse. (I use an invisible seem method. The first step is to go threw the 2 knitted and the 2 fabric sides. Then I sew back over that just threw the knitting. You end up with a nice invisible seem.)
7. Repeat the same steps on the other side.
8. Use either snaps, Velcro, or a zipper to close up the side. (I never put change in mine so I’ve never used a zipper.)