A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,112
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help bedroom living room delema  (Read 519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2006 01:34:06 PM »

Ok so I gotcha a problem. I have a large room. It functions as a bedroom, living room and study space. I like the Nypd and FD and have memorbilia. I have patches, bears, letters, a few homeaid prints, and some assorted do dads.  I have a full sized bed with a headboard with the sleves.  My room also contains a huge enterniment center (with nice black doors with fabric inlays), A huge white desk thats not really being used but is being used to store some stuff, a badgers square footlocker, a old wooden toy chest, a small blue footlocker, a rolling table, and two bar stools (really auta get a new design).
 Ok heres my problem. I want a more romantic sleeping area. Any ideas? I also want my theme to look better. I would like to include some heritage elements (im irish, Native american and german) any ideas? Im desprate and on a budget. Hey what does one do with bedddin they hate when they cant afford new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006 02:22:20 PM »

I could also use a idea for a theme too. i like the bohemian look
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
cybilverbeana

mmm...lipstick....mom's good lipstick....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006 09:50:01 AM »

could you dye your bedding?  you can also use sheets--just the cheapo ones at walmart--look at thrift stores for linens to use for curtains and such...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist list!
http://www.wists.com/cybilverbeana

willing to do personal atc swaps! PM me if interested....
redthewitch75
You are Here.

"If love is a labour, I'll slave til the end!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006 11:55:06 AM »

Well, here's an idea along the lines of the bohemian look...If you sew...I don't know if they have a Hobby Lobby near you, but...we have one and they sell these cute batik/tie-dyed looking bandanas, like a dollar or so. Buy enough to sew together so it would be a little bigger than your current bedspread. Then find a sheet that would match or compliment the  bandanas, and sew this and the bandanas together on three sides, then you can slip your old comforter into your new duvet(?) cover! You can even make some pillows to match. It would probably cost about 20.00 or so, total. Also, you could buy or make a sort of folding screen to sort of seperate the bed area, also you could hang one of those netting canopies over the bed. I would consider getting rid of some of the stuff in the room so it would open up more space. You could also find some nifty and cheap Native American home decor to incorporate into the space. I don't know what to do as far as the German/Irish (I'm part Irish, too!) heritage ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love you more than cheese!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10173989@N00/
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006 02:07:37 PM »

I thought about building a screen but the problem is that would make my room look tiny. Its about 15 by 10 feet. So its not huge but not tiny. I  guess my main problem is I dont want to get rid of my new york stuff and my DC pictures(from a vacation). I noticed I have alot of red blue and black going on (which is ok on white walls). Im looking for a nice theme or style. Hey anyone got some pictures of the differnt styles? We are going to be moving in a few month and mom said if the landlord oks it, that i will be able to paint my new room so Im excited. I want a room that says "HEY a college studnet lives her. I love my sheets too. there plaid (red and tans) flannel (old drafty house). I have a bunch of quilts but my top one is berry. Might have to recover it. It was died once i believe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006 10:56:08 PM »

i found a style. I like Mediterranean style. ANyone got pictures of this style?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Foggy Effect to Your Images
A Photoshop Introduction
How to Setup Photoshop
How to Use the Magic Eraser in Photoshop
How to create Clipping Groups in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...