A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,470
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Is it just plain ugly? I thought it was pretty?  (Read 1542 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2006 11:57:51 AM »

A couple of comments.  The strap appears insubstantial for the size of the bag and to support a heavy load.  The flower is pretty but rather lonely.  It might be more striking without the flower for a cleaner - crisper - smart look.  Or add a leaf a bud or a couple of smaller flowers - not in a straight line but maybe at 8 o'clock and 4 or 5 oclock positions.    Where does the rollup mat fit in/on and what does the inside look like?  Just thoughts to help it sell - or to consider re it not selling.  The overall shape,  lines and color are fab, IMHO.  Good luck!

Those are good points, thanks!  It will have to stay as is because all the fabric is gone Sad  .  The straps are actually quite strong because they are grosgrain ribbon, but only I know that they are strong, I loaded a few things in and tested it when I made it.  Its too late to change that, I don't want to undo alot of the work just to get at the inside. 

If it doesn't sell this time I am keeping it because I really like it, or will save it for a baby shower present (nah I will probably keep it lol).

Thanks so much!

Michelle Giordano
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006 01:40:14 PM »

I like it, but i'm not really into the flower (sorry). I think it would look crisp and modern w.o it, but that's just me. i love the colors tho Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
starlette13
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006 01:56:37 PM »

i do really like it as well, but i recently bought a big purse with thin straps

the straps are strong enough to hold heavy loads (ie, my laptop), but if i walk for any distance with it the straps dig in and hurt quite a bit. i don't have forsight for these things - and don't care, because beauty is pain, right? Cheesy but other people might.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michellegiordano

mgcreations.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2006 05:43:11 AM »

i do really like it as well, but i recently bought a big purse with thin straps

the straps are strong enough to hold heavy loads (ie, my laptop), but if i walk for any distance with it the straps dig in and hurt quite a bit. i don't have forsight for these things - and don't care, because beauty is pain, right? Cheesy but other people might.

I used to have a diaper bag, when I needed one, with thin straps as well, its long gone because my baby is now 2 and has her own back pack!  But I never walked long distances with it on my shoulder, it was usually in the strollers bottom basket or in the car when I had to go somewhere. 

Good thoughts though, thanks!

Michelle Giordano
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Toy Boats with Wooden Blocks
How to Make Daffodil Decorations
How to Make Tissue Paper Carnations
How to Make Tissue Flowers
How to Make a Bag Out of Paper
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...