A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 303,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funky Diva Dress Up Trunk - Picture HEAVY!  (Read 9418 times)
Tags for this thread: suitcase , painted  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006 11:59:50 AM »

I love this idea!  You did such a fabulous job, wow!  It makes me think of Mr. Dressup's Tickle Trunk - which sounds like something dirty but that was where he kept his dress-up clothes.  (Boy am I dating myself...)

My niece, when she was in her mid-teens, gave my daughters a big box of beautiful dress-up clothes.  It had things like long gloves, costume jewelry, fancy elastic-waisted skirts, neat hats, lovely scarves, etc.  She just kept her eyes open for anything fancy at thrift stores, and I suspect some of it came right out of her closet; she loved wild clothes.  It was an excellent gift, no wonder she was always the favourite cousin!

But they never had anything as cool as that suitcase to keep it all in!

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006 02:45:18 PM »

awww, so cute! i wish i had a daughter to make this for Smiley well... when i do i will make it Smiley i always wanted a dress up trunk!

you could just go to a thrift store or a dollar shop and buy lots of costume jewelry, make up & fun colored clothes to fill it with.

like you said, what does a little girl want more?

Misanthropic, you got it.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006 02:51:43 PM »

Wow. I want a pimped out suitcase like that. Or a briefcase. That'd be wicked awesome. I mean... wow. Can you imagine carrying that to school? That's awesome!

http://javastain.etsy.com is now open!

Come check us out for period goodness!
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006 09:58:09 PM »

Thanks again for all of the kind words....

as for the tricked out briefcase - I actually picked up a leather knock-off briefcase for $3.00 at the same goodwill.  I didn't find any super wool sweaters for a dollar like some of the Crafster good will junkies - but the Starline and the 3.00 leather briefcase tickle my fancy....

and that's a pretty big job for a goodwill find to do! Smiley

The strangest secret in the world is that you become what you think about.  Earl Nightingale

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2006 10:14:26 PM »

Oh my gosh, I'm 20, not 4, but will you be like, my awesome crafty aunt?  I am so jealous of your niece =-0

That is seriously awesome.  I wanna make myself a dressup trunk now, teehee..
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006 10:33:19 AM »

Wow this is cool. I wish I could make one for my stepdaughter but shes 7 now and shes outgrown most of her dress up clothes, and the ones you find in the stores are too small for her now too. I have bought her a few regular clothing items for dressup but of course she likes the frilly lacey sparkly princess dress up clothes they sell.
Its bad too because shes still so into the dress up phase its hard to tell her shes too big for it  Sad
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006 01:20:12 PM »

That is rough...we never had "store bought" dress up clothes.  All of our stuff when we were kids were odds and ends from mom & dad's closet.  Grace - has everything - from the Disney to the Barbie and everything inbetween.  She's such a shrimp that she'll probably be able to wear those dresses until she's 17!!! Smiley

The strangest secret in the world is that you become what you think about.  Earl Nightingale

Hollow Shel
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006 11:34:31 PM »

depending on the origin of the "old suitcase smell", it might work to open it up and set it out in the sun on a sunny day (or two). Of course you want to put it where it won't get stolen - but sunlight and fresh air really does get rid of moth-ball smell, and it certainly won't hurt so long as the case doesn't get rained on/in. It is a method for the patient, however - so if you're in a rush it won't help that much. Do try to get direct sunlight into all of it, which might take repositioning the case a time or two. I'd probably try this first then attack it with cleansers because my skin tends to be pretty reactive to harsh chemicals, and I'm always too impatient/lazy to find my rubber gloves Tongue

I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive, I am not obsessive compulsive...

Bringing sexy back for a refund. It really just wasn't "me".
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006 11:54:12 AM »

That is sooo wonderful.....Im inspired to dig the one we bought @ the thrift store and make one for my
Props to you....Wonder Aunte

I am totally after a Ying/Yang made of  Fire vs Ice
Wanna draw/paint/sketch me one?

mmmhmmmmm oh yeah penguins

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006 11:55:09 AM »

aahhh!! so very adorable!  wish i had one of those when i was a little girl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Customizing Keyboard Shortcuts and Locking Layers
Macromedia Flash 8 - Creating New Layers and Moving Items Between Layers
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introducing Layers
Macromedia Flash 8 - Selecting a Flash Player Version for a New Project
Macromedia Flash 8 - Saving, Exporting and Testing
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...