A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: In need of a new project  (Read 419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BoredOutOfMyMind
« on: February 17, 2006 06:43:56 AM »

So I haven't been knitting for a week or two and I'm going crazy. I see all these gorgeous things to knit, but I really can't by any new yarns. The Isabeu purse seems like a perfect stashbuster, but I have no yarn with the right gauge and I suck at figuring out how to change it. And also I have this incredible rainbowcolored yarn (see it in the center of the basket?) that I'm dying to make something of but have nooo idea what!
Feel like giving my some ideas?! Bring 'em on! Or tell me how I change the gauge 16stx19r=4" to 18stx21r=4" (both on 5mm needles). Or do both!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Murphy's Law - All that can go wrong, will go wrong
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006 07:13:34 AM »

So I haven't been knitting for a week or two and I'm going crazy. I see all these gorgeous things to knit, but I really can't by any new yarns. The Isabeu purse seems like a perfect stashbuster, but I have no yarn with the right gauge and I suck at figuring out how to change it. And also I have this incredible rainbowcolored yarn (see it in the center of the basket?) that I'm dying to make something of but have nooo idea what!
Feel like giving my some ideas?! Bring 'em on! Or tell me how I change the gauge 16stx19r=4" to 18stx21r=4" (both on 5mm needles). Or do both!!
Im not familiar with the Isabeu purse, but for pete's sake it's a purse...unless it's super tiny, go ahead and knit it with the yarn you have...it will end up somewhat smaller, that's all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006 07:37:20 AM »

check out this site http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php it has hundreds of patterns to choose from.
*I have never made this bag, but if I were in your situation this is what I would do*
If ya really want Isabeau you could just cast on 9 extra stitches and do an extra repeat of the lace pattern. Also repeat rows 5 and 6 until you get the bag as deep as you would like, just make sure you note it on your pattern so you can add the same number on the back.
You may also want to add a few more rows of seed stitch for the bottom of the bag if it does not seem it will be wide enough...again, make a note on your pattern so you know how many extra stitches to pick up for each side. Also start your side decreases later. (say you added 2 repeats of row 5 and 6, that would give you 4 extra rows of height. So instead of starting your decreases on row 7, you would start decreasing on row 11.)
For the strap, measure across the front of your bag and add about an inch to that measurement and work strap until that length.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Fajitas
Macaroons Recipe
Twice Baked Potatoes
How to make Chateaubriand
How to Make Cheesesteak Quesadilla
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...