A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid Tin Themed Swap Gallery  (Read 39121 times)
Tags for this thread: altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Writer78
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2006 06:50:51 AM »

Lovin' it!  I especially admire the geisha tin/hair clip and the photography/biking tin.

It's now been 10 days since I sent, and the USPS has yet to deliver my stuff to goatgoddess.  *grumble, grumble*  Can't wait for it to finally pop through - I'm so eager to see what she thinks!  Is anyone else having USPS issues lately??  *sigh*  I hate waiting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2006 06:51:06 AM »

wow those are wonderful - Love the gold - very nice!

The pink one is just too cute - love the front of it.

And the Asian one is super cute with the packaging very creative.

Got to love a tin that uses 4 out of 5 themes - Stifflersmom that is wonderful use of color and design.

Thanks for posting - one of the best part of a swap is seeing all the wonderful things everyone does!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2006 06:57:11 AM »

Lovin' it!  I especially admire the geisha tin/hair clip and the photography/biking tin.

It's now been 10 days since I sent, and the USPS has yet to deliver my stuff to goatgoddess.  *grumble, grumble*  Can't wait for it to finally pop through - I'm so eager to see what she thinks!  Is anyone else having USPS issues lately??  *sigh*  I hate waiting...

I'm looking forward to it <G>  It will get here one of these days - My package to Australia was sent 8 weeks ago and it still isn't there! You would think whoever updates that stuff would have a report that shows packages that haven't been updated for x amount of days so they could follow up on them. But oh yeah it's the gov.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diane B.

GlassAttic --polymer clay "encyclopedia"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2006 09:16:36 AM »

*Note to everyone: seeds (small ones, anyway) and modge podge don't work as well together as you would think*

meowari, if you're wanting to "embed' glass seed beads (or holeless glass beads), and can bake what you're making (or at least that part of it), you might want to try using liquid clay to hold them on/in.  If you can't bake, another glue to try (still a white glue like Mod Podge, but stronger and made esp. for non-porous things) would be Beacon's Gem Tac, or Jewel-It.

There's more info on using seed beads and holeless beads on this page if you want to check it out:
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/mixing_media.htm
(...click on Seed Beads,etc., then scroll down to the Glues section...)

Diane B.
--- polymer clay "encyclopedia"
http://www.glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

POLYMER CLAY "ENCYCLOPEDIA" 
http://glassattic.com/polymer/contents.htm
few of my photos
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/DianeBB
(had to move them from YahooPhotos, so many now without captions)
Leylia

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2006 09:19:44 AM »

I got my tin from stellato_escuro!!

She chose a variety of my themes.  The tin itself is GORGEOUS...covered in clay to make it a big, substantial trinket box with a cross and stars on it in beautiful colors!  Inside was a moon-bead, some hair ties with cute little charms on them, a "mom to be" pin, and a bunch of circular tags in my favorite shades of green and blue!!

I'll try to get pictures done before too long here, but if stellato_escuro has some available, she can post them if she wants to!

Thank you so much!!!  I love everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kindness isn't dead.  Promise.

R.I.P. Brett (1982-2007)
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2006 09:29:19 AM »

And I got my tin from Leylia, which was awesome! She chose a dragonfly theme, so I got a whole mess of cool stuff. I got a blue tin covered in rhinestones in the shape of a dragonfly. Inside, there were a bunch of little dragonfly patches, a pair of dragonfly earrings and a bunch of little baggies of rhinestones. Finally, there was a large dragonfly that can be a necklace, zipper pull, etc. I am going to hang it over my bed. Thanks again.

Oh, and Leylia; I am going to try to post pics, and if it doesn't turn out, I'll let you know. However, I don't have pictures of what I sent you. That and sending a note with the package I can never seem to remember.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordp ress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
Clarity
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2006 09:56:30 AM »

Wow!

everyone has done such a good job on their's I hope my partner likes hers (which she should have received by now but hasn't)

I really like the pink and brown tin, and the gold and flower tin- you two partners must have been on such a similar wavelength Smiley

The pink and Asia tin are sweet and so well put together. Stifflersmom, the bicycle bracelet turned out really well with the black-red combo.

well done girls!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2006 04:51:35 PM »

It's here It's here!!!

I was doing my little happy dance back from the mailbox and our goats were lined up at fence looking at me and yelling
"come on - come on - it's time to eat"   I danced on by and told them no, it's still early and I've got to post some pic's first <lol> 

Wow thank you so much Writer78 - it's perfect!!!

She picked the Cowgirl theme for me - on the outside of tin wanted posters of some fab gals -  love the finish and the trim. Did I tell ya it's perfect <g>

Now for the inside - a little envie full of cool western stickers - Very cool magnets of a cowgirl hat, boots and a shield saying cowgirl. Then there is a black pouch with a little silver horse - in the pouch was two pairs a the most cool earrings, brown buttons with a rust finish, the other pair are silver boots - very cool!

thank you so much Writer78 <g>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2006 04:59:25 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad it finally came. It was obviously worth the wait. Now you can relax, writer78!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
maehem

.glitz and glamour.

« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2006 05:10:56 PM »

wowww!! The outside of that tin is AMAZING! good job!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 alyssamae
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Above and Below the Line Budgeting
Pulling Focus in Filmmaking
Learn About the Dutch Tilt in Film Making
The Difference Between High and Low Key Lighting
Watch, Pass, or Rent: Despicable Me, The Kids Are All Right, & Predators
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...