A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid Tin Themed Swap Gallery  (Read 40979 times)
Tags for this thread: altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2006 08:35:52 PM »

Either I have to stop watching this thread or I'm going to end up joining in on a Round 2 if there is one...you guys are hella talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
enohpesrep
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2006 09:25:27 PM »

dude.  you guys.  i'm not even a part of this, but i'm loving this theme!  what a great swap.  everything is so amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2006 05:17:21 AM »

Either I have to stop watching this thread or I'm going to end up joining in on a Round 2 if there is one...you guys are hella talented!

Oh, but you must join round 2!

We will definitely be doing this again. I have to say that what I've seen so far is beyond impressive. Each one of the tins is so beautiful! The best part is, there are so many more to come!

I like your idea, Writer78. The only worry I have is that for it to work, the person who's crafting would not have a choice of themes. I think it's really helpful to be able to pick one out of the five suggestions that you feel you can really do a good job with. I am open to suggestions, though. What do the rest of you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
gingerquilts
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2006 05:31:52 AM »

I like your idea, Writer78. The only worry I have is that for it to work, the person who's crafting would not have a choice of themes. I think it's really helpful to be able to pick one out of the five suggestions that you feel you can really do a good job with. I am open to suggestions, though. What do the rest of you think?

Maybe the two partners can "talk".  Each swapper lists 5 themes like before and the two partners PM each other and choose one they mutually agree on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2006 05:59:39 AM »

I don't know - I think we'd be up to the challenge of just getting one theme.  Maybe it would be required to be a recognizable and somewhat generic theme.  For example, we would rule out choosing a TV show as a theme, in case the crafter has never seen that show.  This approach might demand some research on the part of the crafter, but that would get us all learning new things.  And you could leave the possibility for people to specify themes they aren't comfortable with - for example, as much as I admire the artwork, the skulls/death themes are not for me.  But for themes like "hot" and "dragonflies" and "beach," there are a million directions to take these.

Also, I was thinking about it last night (not that I'm obsessed, or anything! *haha*), and I thought, what if everyone had to just choose one word?  For example, goatgoddess just made me a tin based on "creative writing - fiction, not poetry."  Instead, I would only be able the choose one word - so I could say "write" or "fiction," but I would not be allowed to explain what I personally meant by that.  It would allow my partners to run in any directions that the word meant to them.  I think the "hot" tin is a good example of that.  It would be neat to pick a word that seems even "harder" at first - like "gentle" or "whisper" or "no" - but since it requires so much interpretation, you'll get wildly different tins back, instead of two tins both approaching a very particular theme, which might actually be more limiting.

So does that make any more sense?  What i'm saying is that yes, it would be harder in that you wouldn't really know what your partner was getting at, and you'd only have one theme/word to work from.  But at the same time, you would be free to interpret as tightly or as loosely as you wanted.

now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go pout about my package to goatgoddess not having reached her yet.   Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2006 06:18:12 AM »

*CLUNK*  (jaw hitting the floor)

I'm totally amazed at these great tins. I think I may send sweets4ever another one, cuz you guys out-crafted me big time.
I am so ashamed.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2006 06:19:24 AM »

Oh, stop it! I know what you did was great. Don't forget...we are all our own worse critics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
gingerquilts
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2006 06:55:03 AM »

Writer78 I like the one word theme ideas.  Stifflersmom's could be "KLUNK"  or Vegas.  If I were to choose one for my son it would be "Dude" because it seems to be the prominent word in his vocabulary!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goatgoddess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2006 07:07:50 AM »

Okay, I managed all right with the digital cam, so here are my pics of what goatgoddess sent!  She chose my theme of "creative writing."

And at the bottom is a dollhouse-size bottle of glitter, corked and tied with shiny stuff, with an "I" (for inspiration) on the side.  (Unless there is an alternate meaning to this, that is!  I'm guessing that's what it stands for!)  Anyway, it's actually my favorite little trinket of the bunch!

THANK YOU, goatgoddess!  And may the darn USPS finally spit out the package I sent you last Saturday!!!

No worries your tin will get here I know - when north texas get's a ice storm everyone gets out of wack - we had a shipment to where I work just show up Thurs and they were suppose to be here Monday!  Now mind you we had ice over the weekend but it was gone Monday afternoon :-P

Sorry I didn't put a note in - I'm very bad about getting everything packaged then seeing that I didn't put a note in to explain about what I crafted <G>  Yes it's I for inspiration - glad you like your tin.

Will post the heartbeat I get mine - which I just know will be before Monday <G> Happy thoughts ya'll <vbg>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SonjaBoo

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2006 07:10:19 AM »

I really like the one word idea too-- that would give so much variation for what you could come up with.  Roll Eyes Bring on round 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sketch Tutorial for Photoshop
How to Replace Color Command in Photoshop
Macho Makeover - Part 3
Macho Makeover - Basic Adjustments 1
Macho Makeover - Introduction - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...