A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
405 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Altoid Tin Themed Swap Gallery  (Read 41399 times)
Tags for this thread: altoids_tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maehem

.glitz and glamour.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2006 05:48:56 PM »

OH! I DID receive from Kelly today!!  Grin

I LOVE it!

the outside

and the bottom and sides

the inside!! With a removeable bottom and an GORGEOUS cherry necklace!!!

And all the goodies, 2 magnets, the necklace, a pin, and a zippered pouch!

I absolutely love everything, thank you SO much!  Grin Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 alyssamae
Writer78
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2006 05:57:42 PM »

Okay, I managed all right with the digital cam, so here are my pics of what goatgoddess sent!  She chose my theme of "creative writing."

The tin is covered in brown and black fimo, with a shrinky-dink of my coat of arms (!) which I think she found through a bit of clever Craftster-stalking!  I gasped really loud when I saw it - I just love that she took the time to find/incorporate my design!  A key and dragonfly round out the cover.

The inside cover has a lovely shot of a statue - looks sort of like an angel image - and another dragonfly.  The inside and the bottom are covered in black felt.

And the goodies...! 

The whole package was wrapped in Peanuts paper towels, including one of Snoopy writing his book.  In the left hand corner - sorry my pic is so dark - is a little accordian book with dragonflies on the front.  Inside are a number of inspirational quotes about writing.  Beneath that is a magnet that says "A writer paints with words."  The three marble magnet at the bottom have pictures of fancy pens/journals/books inside them.  Next is another shrinky-dink of my coat of arms, this time a magnet.  To the right is a bookmark with flowy, feathery tassels.  And at the bottom is a dollhouse-size bottle of glitter, corked and tied with shiny stuff, with an "I" (for inspiration) on the side.  (Unless there is an alternate meaning to this, that is!  I'm guessing that's what it stands for!)  Anyway, it's actually my favorite little trinket of the bunch!

THANK YOU, goatgoddess!  And may the darn USPS finally spit out the package I sent you last Saturday!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2006 06:04:41 PM »

oh man, that necklace!!! it's soooo gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
Writer78
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2006 06:20:03 PM »

It would be fun to do a version of this swap where everyone picks just one theme but gets two swap partners.  So you'd have to send two, but you'd get two.  Your partners are not allowed to compare notes on how they're approaching the theme.  That way, we'd all get to see how different one theme can be when two people are both using it for inspiration at the same time, on the same item (the tin)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

efitch
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2006 06:22:46 PM »

I received from Sonjaboo today - she really went all out with the dragonfly theme and I LOVE IT!  

Outside

Inside with goodies:  a bookmark, an applique, gift tags and stickers!!!

Just the inside by itself

Whee!  Thank you Sonjaboo!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowari
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2006 06:23:50 PM »

Wow! Again. Everything is so... awesome. I can't think of another word to describe the stuff. I'm so inspired now- I don't know why my brain was so fried with this swap! There are so many things I could have tried that I was too scared to try because I thought it wouldn't work... Oy vey! Maybe I'll have the courage to try again in round 4 or 5...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gingerquilts
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2006 07:00:15 PM »

Wow!  I go away for the evening and come back to find all these great tins!  Great job everyone.  This swap has been so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2006 07:01:51 PM »

I so wanted to join this swap.  But Altoids a practically non-existant in Australia.  There is only one place that I know of and it is nowhere near where I live.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
SonjaBoo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bring it on

Napper extraordinaire

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2006 07:57:17 PM »

I received such a beautiful tin from efitch!  She went with my theme of "celestial things" and expanded on that to do a day/night idea.  I love it!

Here's the outside (the day):

Here's the inside (the night):

And all the goodies inside!  efitch sent a gorgeous blue bracelet that I haven't taken off since I laid eyes on it, a tiny book with celestial quotations (one quote even related to stained glass, my favorite hobby!), some star and additional blue beads-- I love it all so much!

And of course, we need to have an action shot!  Here is the real Sonjaboo who has decided that the tin is not only esthetically pleasing, but it also makes for quite a satisfying pillow!  She sends a loud purr of approval!

Thank you again efitch!  And thank you stifflersmom and rackycoo for organizing this-- I have thoroughly enjoyed my first swap! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krajackex

Lingering death is a dark shade of white.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2006 08:19:27 PM »

It would be fun to do a version of this swap where everyone picks just one theme but gets two swap partners.  So you'd have to send two, but you'd get two.  Your partners are not allowed to compare notes on how they're approaching the theme.  That way, we'd all get to see how different one theme can be when two people are both using it for inspiration at the same time, on the same item (the tin)!

That's a very good idea.  I would like to get in on that if such a swap is ever arranged.  By the way, craftsters, those tins are amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a 5 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/3
How to Crochet a 5 Stitch Ruffle Border
How to Crochet a 4 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/3
How to Crochet a 5 Chain Ruffle Border
How to Crochet a 4 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...