A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,748
Currently Running With Scissors:
583 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Crafty Detective, AKA Craftster Stalker swap! sign up now until feb 24  (Read 21866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2006 03:51:50 PM »

Stalking has begun! List of participants at the bottom! Everyone should have their partner information now...if I have missed anyone, do let me know asap. Smiley

Swap name: The Crafty Detective
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: cheekymamaof2
Sign-up date range:2/16/06-2/24/06
Date to send item by:3/29/06

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):No

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes

All ages allowed? Or 18+? all

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:
...Each person will have a secret partner in which they will stalk around craftster and other possible areas like blogs, websites wherever you can find info about your person. Revealing yourself to your partner is not allowed until after you have sent your items. In other words, PMing them to ask what they want is not allowed. You have to play detective a bit on this one! I will post the craftster names of everyone who signs up, but will keep the partner info private save for a moderator who will also have the info.

Example:
bob finds that his secret partner is sue. He goes around craftster, finding all the bits of info about sue that he can...reading her profile, her old posts...seeing what types of things shes into. He then goes out and gets her a crafty knitting kit because he noticed her love of knitting, and he also made her a Jordy bag because he saw that she didnt know how to sew but that she loved those bags. He may also throw in a special Mix CD of music that he thought she might like, and a delicious organic chocolate bar because she loves chocolate oh so much. Now, we could get really carried away with this, so lets say we can send whatever our hearts desire, but try to keep the spending between 15 and 25 dollars so everyone gets a similar amount of good things.
*gets out my magnifying glass and super sleuth handbook*
Lets go!

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

... Here is the list of people who have signed up and been approved.
cheekymamaof2
phizzychick
raindrops
classycrafter
highschoolcrafter
skuterrat
Vw69
Orangeabsinthe
Synne
LuckyLally
ViolinRomance
norsgoebel
L
pudruff
sharc
apandalee
sarahjayne
mllejessy
awynkoop
Iscreamedmyselfhoar se
mjadams
mub
kinkyknit
lhackett
xbelovedxonex
Laural
lucy_van_pelt
kiki_eks
simplyfussfree
yirq
craftycarrie
thedishclothqueen
sonjaboo
Americandemockracy
Dithmer
Kiwimonkey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An idea for those of you with less than 50 posts...over the next couple weeks try and spend as much time as you can here on craftster, looking around and making comments. Find things you really love and compliment the creators...not only will it make people feel good about their creations, but it will give your crafter a better idea of the things you enjoy. If you have ever wanted to learn something new, now is the time to be asking people questions! Smiley Not mandatory of course, but it sure would be helpful for your partners to see what you're into.

I felt the need to clarify one thing. The price suggestion for this swap does NOT include shipping costs. I had a swap once where a gal spent WAY below the recommended amount, and figured the shipping cost would make up for it. WRONG. LOL

« Last Edit: March 04, 2006 01:58:26 PM by cheekymamaof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfre etobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
raindrops
The Crazy Mixed-Up Files of Raindrops

No Day But Today

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006 03:54:47 PM »

I'm so totally in!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation!
cheekymamaof2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006 04:00:20 PM »

YAY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss brianne

I'm addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006 04:03:44 PM »

Know what would be a really neat idea.
If we did fill out a little questionair about ourselves and then you paired us based on what we like so that say - I;n not stalking around a craftster and find out that out partner only likes knitted things and I can't knit!

I don't know.

Just a suggestion. I am just worried that I would be able to provide my partner with wonderful goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cheekymamaof2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006 04:07:11 PM »

I hear what you're saying, but due to one of my recent swap being swamped with "i have a better idea' posts, I'm sticking to my original plan. Heres the thing though,n if you do find out that your partner only likes knitted things and you can't knit...you can send her somer eally delicious yarn and a journal for her knitting or something similar. You don't necessarily have to craft something. You can send crafty goodness instead if it works out that way.Smiley ok?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006 04:16:49 PM »

this is such a great swap idea!
man.. i dunno if i'm crafty detective enough to figure out what i'd wanna make for my partner though... hrm.. perhaps i'll hang around for a round 2
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006 04:17:35 PM »

This swap could be fun.  But I too would be worried about being able to send something my partner would appreciate.  I understand your reluctance to change anything though.  Was there a discussion about this swap in the swap ideas thread? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
miss brianne

I'm addicted to Craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006 04:26:06 PM »

I hear what you're saying, but due to one of my recent swap being swamped with "i have a better idea' posts, I'm sticking to my original plan. Heres the thing though,n if you do find out that your partner only likes knitted things and you can't knit...you can send her somer eally delicious yarn and a journal for her knitting or something similar. You don't necessarily have to craft something. You can send crafty goodness instead if it works out that way.Smiley ok?

I totally understand. I think that (with the amount of "please change things" you have been subjected to) I wouldnt want to change it either. The thing I mean mostly is that .... for example: I don't knit, I have tried and tried and tried to knit (thus meaning that sending me any yarn is just silly), and since I simply cannot knit most of the things I admire are knitted. What if my partner is like this!? all I can do is sew!
I don't know.

major swap anxiety moment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aeronberry

mmm...fishy kisses....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006 04:31:01 PM »

this is such a cool idea!  I'm going to think about it for a little while (lots of swaps and other stuff going on at the moment) but I'm sure I'll end up signing up  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edafedd - amigurumi patterns!
norea - jewelry, handbags, etc!
shop the swap!
classycrafter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006 04:46:42 PM »

I totally understand. I think that (with the amount of "please change things" you have been subjected to) I wouldnt want to change it either. The thing I mean mostly is that .... for example: I don't knit, I have tried and tried and tried to knit (thus meaning that sending me any yarn is just silly), and since I simply cannot knit most of the things I admire are knitted. What if my partner is like this!? all I can do is sew!
I don't know.

major swap anxiety moment!

I think what cheekymamaof2 means is that you send stuff to your partner based on their likes. So this means......you view all their previous posts and you come up with the conclusion that your partner:

1) Quilts
2) makes purses
3) wants to learn how to knit

SO based on this knowledge you could sent your partner ---> thread, fabric, purse handles, a learn to knit kit (which even if you dont know how to knit you could assemble easily by sending a learn to knit book, yarn, knitting needles), etc.

That is why cheekymamaof2 has a price limit for this swap....because you dont necessarily have to CRAFT for your partner, you could just go out and buy stuff for them. IF you wanted to craft for them an easy way to find stuff they might like are the Unconditional Swaps and the Ongoing Wish List Swaps. A lot of members join those.

Its nothing to be anxious over. If you join Im sure you will find out plenty on your partner.

Now, Im off to join the swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/classycrafter

classycrafter.etsy. com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
All Natural Beauty Tips Using Items Found In Your Kitchen
Plus-Size Model Stuns In Robyn Lawley Swimwear
Best Acne Treatment Products
The Newest Urban Decay Naked Palette Review
5 Glamorous Holiday Makeup Looks
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...