A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mad Hatter Tea Party...Need Ideas  (Read 5198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

munchie
« on: February 15, 2006 07:25:47 PM »

Hey all, my 21st is coming up and I wanted to have a mad hatter tea party theme. But I need some idea for decorations. Right now all I have is:
 - set up the food table with tea cups
 - string up a deck of cards and hanging it around the place 
 - making cup cakes with eat me written on it. I wanted to make drink me things too but I dont know what to do that on. Maybe jello shots?

But I need some more ideas. Anyone have any ideas?

-Pia
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenefor
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006 04:32:19 PM »

You could get funky little bottles from a crat store (i dont think I would want to use old ones....just not sure what was in there) but have them washed out and you could make shots out of them (just use a funnle...and have the tags that say drink me on them.....I think that would be cuter then just regular shots.....you could also have snap dragons as a center piece.....or even whiite silk roses that are dipped in red paint........just some ideas....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006 06:48:11 PM »

cover your front door in paper, like a big sheet of butcher paper, and draw a small door on it, so it looks like your going in a small door.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006 07:04:13 PM »

You could make little tags that say drink me and tie them on some teacups with string. Maybe some white roses, some painted red, and some not quite finished being painted.
Def. have people dress up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkensteins
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006 07:12:15 PM »

Party hats! I think you can find cool plastic hats in different shapes and colors at a party store. (So they aren't all pointy cones)

Give all of your guests UNbirthday presents, sing very merry unbirthday while you do it.

I will think more if it happens to pop in my mind.
Have fun!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tamedvixen
Not all who wander are lost.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006 07:23:35 PM »

Use bright, crazy colors. Edible plates (out of waffle cone material maybe then ice it with icing). Make sure you and your guests change seats several times during the event. You must have some jam, lots of jam. The party sounds fun, don't lose your head in the fun (that's for the cheshire cat to do).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006 08:01:25 PM »

Ask everyone to wear the craziest hats they can make/find, with prizes for best ones!

Have a teapot with the bottom of a stuffed animal (dormouse preferably) sticking out the top, as a centre peice.

Maybe get a whole bunch of different teapots from thrift stores, to serve drinks (punch?) in or to serve cookies, etc.  What about punch made with iced tea? 

Wasn't the March Hare at the tea party? Do you have a stuffed rabbit you could invite to sit at the table with you?   Smiley

And of course... tea party invitations....

Great theme idea! have fun!

EDIT: There are also some tuts here on craftster for teacup candles (fill old teacups with wax and a wick to make candles). Just be careful tho, take the usual precautions when making/burning candles etc.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2006 08:04:11 PM by BlooCanoe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
munchie
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006 07:59:17 AM »

I love your ideas! Thank you. I'm going to go shopping and start looking for some of these things. Particularly tea cups

Anyway I thought I would share what my invite looks like. It took me a day to get it done and now I'm having nightmares trying to email it...grr but here it is
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/p_m_s_angel/detail?.dir=897b&.dnm=cb37scd.jpg&.src=ph
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pocketlint

hang on to each other.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2006 05:49:10 AM »

Holy Moly!

This is something I've been planning for my 21st for years now (I'm not 21 until this time next year) and I had never heard of someone else wanting to do it, until now, I love you craftster.

I'll share some of the vague ideas I've had running through my head:

* a projector with either the whole film or snippets of on repeat displayed on a wall or white sheet (depending on venue).
* setting up a game of croquet on the lawn.
* everyone has to bring their 'beverage of choice' in a teapot.
* mobiles hanging from the roof with pocketwatches, cards, teacups etc on them.
* If I get started in time I'm going to make a corner up with huge beanbag mushrooms and a cuddly Caterpillar.

I think I'll have to read the book and watch the film again before I get started on my actual plan though.

When is your party?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we need is a little more hope, a little more joy. All we need is a little more light, a little less weight, a little more freedom.

Crafty bio + wish list

addicted to wist lists? here's mine
sam07

learning to hex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2006 06:44:37 AM »

Topiaries(sp?) shaped like rabbits, hats, oversized teacups. Just use styrofoam shapes(the standard balls, cones , etc) to achieve the desired shape- next glue moss on item- them put it on a painted chopstick. You could also glue broken china to the forms for something more elaborate then give them away as prizes.I would also buy wax candy bottles for fun ( eat me and drink me at the same time!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sam07

learning to hex

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006 06:47:54 AM »

Also there is a Tom Petty song/video " Don't come around here no more" watch it for inspiration-trust me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kye

Crafty Blue Fairy.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2006 03:37:49 AM »

I did this for my party as well!

Cheesy

I bought a game of croquet and had it set up in the backyard.
I had pink flamingo's everywhere and set the table up like a tea party with little eat me biscuits.
I had red painted roses on the trees and everyone wore a hat!

Smiley

have a great time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention." - Duguet
loulou54

If quiz's are quizical, then what are tests?

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007 02:18:55 AM »

I love your ideas! Thank you. I'm going to go shopping and start looking for some of these things. Particularly tea cups

Anyway I thought I would share what my invite looks like. It took me a day to get it done and now I'm having nightmares trying to email it...grr but here it is
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/p_m_s_angel/detail?.dir=897b&.dnm=cb37scd.jpg&.src=ph

i know you posted this ages ago but i was wondering if you'd still have a pic of ur invites as i am having my own AIW party.
if not thats ok! im getting tons of ideas from this post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess what's inside it! .
munchie
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007 01:13:50 AM »

Hey there loulou,

I actually drew that image myself. I can give you a copy of it, but I have to ask that you only use it for your invites since its also part of my portfolio. PM me and we'll arrange something.

P
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic Adobe After Effects CS4 Tutorial
How to UVW Map and Texture - 3ds Max Part 1/2
How to Play Video In Reverse - Sony Vegas
Basics of Modeling - 3ds Max
How to Add a Watermark to Video - Sony Vegas Pro
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...