A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,441
Currently Running With Scissors:
394 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brown & Pink Vinyl Long Wallet-Clutch!  (Read 7287 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006 07:59:41 AM »

jas.. sorry for all the questions!  Yes, I do cut the vinyl at an angle.  It looks fine for the appliques, I agree, but after using a purse I made with raw edges, after a while it does become frayed.  I do use a 16/18 needle, but it still can't handle topstitching over a turned edge with 2 layers of vinyl, and all the other interior fabrics.  anyway.. just babbling, sorry!
What kind / brand thread do you all use for topstitching vinyl?  Im getting a little tired of mine, and I would love one like a buttonhole twist, but I havent been able to find any!
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006 08:11:50 AM »

I know you were asking jasfitz, but I did recently come across these two different shades of pink vinyl, which I love.. and they are not the fuzzy backed kind.. which I hate.  I got one on ebay from a seller who is always selling it (ships worldwide) and one from another website, which I THINK ships to canada.  Let me know if you like the colors and Ill give you their names!
* the pink vinyl on the pillow is actually a vinyl coated canvas.  Its absolutely lovely, and reversable!  (turquoise canvas on back)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 02:54:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

all my friends are skeletons

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006 08:23:19 AM »

Thanks, ksew! I really like the lighter pink that you have on the wallet. If you could pm me with the store's name that'd be awesome!

I'm on a break from swapping... much needed!

Feed you purse addiction 24/7!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006 11:20:05 AM »

I absolutely love your wallet!  I've had a pattern that I drafted cut out for months now.  I must try to attempt it.  You have given me inspiration.

Thanks from a fellow Canuck!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006 11:23:00 AM by starlene » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nobody's little weasel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006 02:22:12 PM »

Janer, I use 2 layers of interfacing per each area- so the pink backing had 2 layers, plus the backing for the card slots had 2 layers, plus the zippered pocket at the top had two layers- so it made it very sturdy! Also, there are several stores on the queen west strip in toronto that have other pinks than salmon- but they're maybe a little too pink for me! The pink vinyl I use (you can see it on my site) isn't too salmony.

ksew, I just use regular old gutterman when i topstitch. nothing special. And I love the pinks you use- those are hot stuff...they look awesome!! Would you mind to share the websites/sellers you use?

Heya starlene! You're not too far away from me Wink I must say I'm glad to have inspired you, as you have many times inspired me!

jasfitzdotcom - goods that make you giggle!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006 02:48:19 PM »

this is funny.. jasfitz.. I actually like YOUR pink better.. this one in particular.."Mudflap Mistress"  Could you share where you bought that?? 
I like this woman's vinyl the best..

and this is the darker pink-- http://www.rochfordsupply.com/product_listing.asp_Q_CatID_E_419_A_SubCatID_E_536_A_ProdID_E_3575# It's the "coral" color.   I dont know if they ship outside the US though, but its worth checking out.  Ive bought so much fabric from them..
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006 03:00:01 PM »

its so gorgeous!!!! it looks so professional also! great job!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 2015 Hair Trends
Back to Work Hairstyle
In Love with Lobs? See Our Favorite Celebrities Rocking the Style!
Braided Holiday Hair Tutorial
5 Things That Are Seriously Damaging Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...