A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
428 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Brown & Pink Vinyl Long Wallet-Clutch!  (Read 6272 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ksew
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006 07:59:41 AM »

jas.. sorry for all the questions!  Yes, I do cut the vinyl at an angle.  It looks fine for the appliques, I agree, but after using a purse I made with raw edges, after a while it does become frayed.  I do use a 16/18 needle, but it still can't handle topstitching over a turned edge with 2 layers of vinyl, and all the other interior fabrics.  anyway.. just babbling, sorry!
What kind / brand thread do you all use for topstitching vinyl?  Im getting a little tired of mine, and I would love one like a buttonhole twist, but I havent been able to find any!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ksew
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006 08:11:50 AM »

Janer,
I know you were asking jasfitz, but I did recently come across these two different shades of pink vinyl, which I love.. and they are not the fuzzy backed kind.. which I hate.  I got one on ebay from a seller who is always selling it (ships worldwide) and one from another website, which I THINK ships to canada.  Let me know if you like the colors and Ill give you their names!
* the pink vinyl on the pillow is actually a vinyl coated canvas.  Its absolutely lovely, and reversable!  (turquoise canvas on back)

« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 02:54:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
janer

all my friends are skeletons

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006 08:23:19 AM »

Thanks, ksew! I really like the lighter pink that you have on the wallet. If you could pm me with the store's name that'd be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on a break from swapping... much needed!

www.myspace.com/_jane_

http://www.wists.com/janer
starlene

Feed you purse addiction 24/7!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006 11:20:05 AM »

I absolutely love your wallet!  I've had a pattern that I drafted cut out for months now.  I must try to attempt it.  You have given me inspiration.

Thanks from a fellow Canuck!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006 11:23:00 AM by starlene » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jasfitz

nobody's little weasel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006 02:22:12 PM »

Janer, I use 2 layers of interfacing per each area- so the pink backing had 2 layers, plus the backing for the card slots had 2 layers, plus the zippered pocket at the top had two layers- so it made it very sturdy! Also, there are several stores on the queen west strip in toronto that have other pinks than salmon- but they're maybe a little too pink for me! The pink vinyl I use (you can see it on my site) isn't too salmony.

ksew, I just use regular old gutterman when i topstitch. nothing special. And I love the pinks you use- those are hot stuff...they look awesome!! Would you mind to share the websites/sellers you use?

Heya starlene! You're not too far away from me Wink I must say I'm glad to have inspired you, as you have many times inspired me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jasfitzdotcom - goods that make you giggle!
ksew
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006 02:48:19 PM »

this is funny.. jasfitz.. I actually like YOUR pink better.. this one in particular.."Mudflap Mistress"  Could you share where you bought that?? 
I like this woman's vinyl the best..
http://cgi.ebay.com/54-WIDE-UPHOLSTERY-VINYL-FABRIC-ALL-COLORS_W0QQitemZ8260565081QQcategoryZ28162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and this is the darker pink-- http://www.rochfordsupply.com/product_listing.asp_Q_CatID_E_419_A_SubCatID_E_536_A_ProdID_E_3575# It's the "coral" color.   I dont know if they ship outside the US though, but its worth checking out.  Ive bought so much fabric from them..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeebee
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006 03:00:01 PM »

its so gorgeous!!!! it looks so professional also! great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 7/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 9/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 8/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 6/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 5/26
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...