A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby/Kid Stuff Swap (Round 2)  (Read 5584 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2006 10:21:31 AM »

First washing, and it still looks the same. I think I might try to find something to go over the robot with, I REALLY LOVE your design!
  Thanks too, on the compliments about the babies my hubby and I made! We're not sure where the red hair came from... hubby is kinda light brown and I am dark brown... but Ohhhh what a great color!!! Wink Wish I could bottle it!

Yea, I never wore clothes. It's been like 30 at night and anywhere from mid 30's to 50's in the day for weather here, and everyone says 'put some clothes on that kid' but you know, I never and still don't wear clothes, and I'm not gonna make my kids wear them!!! Smiley

I loved this swap! Hope we can do it again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
megaknits
mega(k)nits

do you like it?? i like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2006 11:01:23 AM »

I rec'd a lovely package from javastain last week, but hadn't found this thread yet.

She crocheted an amazing pink, black and white striped hoodie for Ali and some rattle/crackle toys for the baby on the way. My camera isn't working, so java if you have pics, please post them.

Great job! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2006 01:40:59 PM »

I rec'd a lovely package from javastain last week, but hadn't found this thread yet.

She crocheted an amazing pink, black and white striped hoodie for Ali and some rattle/crackle toys for the baby on the way. My camera isn't working, so java if you have pics, please post them.

Great job! Thanks!
I think gramma took a pic of Ellie in the sweater, but I got it all packaged up and forgot to take pics! ARGH! Oh, well... maybe I can get a picture soon Wink...

Gald you liked the goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2006 02:46:25 PM »

Yea, I never wore clothes. It's been like 30 at night and anywhere from mid 30's to 50's in the day for weather here, and everyone says 'put some clothes on that kid' but you know, I never and still don't wear clothes, and I'm not gonna make my kids wear them!!! Smiley

This reminds me of Sex in the City -"I bet she grew up in a 'naked house'..."

Also, we received our package from megaknits today! I took pictures of everything - an embelished t-shirt, a knit skirt, a little appliqued bag, stickers and some pretty beaded bracelets - but our computer is being funny and won't download anything off of our camera (hopefully we can get it working this weekend!!). Elora loved opening her surprise "present" this morning!

Everything is so cute and I LOVE the choice of colours - the green is one of our favorites (as you will be able to see when I get the pictures up - the beaded heart embellishment on the t-shirt matches the accent wall and cushions in my living room!).

This was such a great swap! Anyone up for Round Three (not right away, of course...but perhaps in the spring?)?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006 02:55:31 PM »

Hahahaa! Yup! That's us- the naked house! I hardly every put a onsie layer on (my 18mo) Colin, and my neighbor has two girls 3 and 4 1/2 YO's and they are both in undershirts, and turtle necks and sweaters UNDER their coats whenever I see them! Mind you I love my neighbor! I think she's always cold when she comes over to our house too! I always bump the heat up a couple of degrees when we have guests! Oh well! I guess I am just conditioning the kids to be snowboarders!!! Cheesy
Loved this swap! Yes, let's do round 3! Spring sounds good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2006 11:03:47 PM »

My computer seems to be working again so I am FINALLY able to post some pictures of the great stuff we got from megaknits!

Here is Elora, opening the loot (don't mind the pjs/hoodie combo...I'm like javastain's neighbour - ALWAYS cold, so the kid & I are always bundled up)...I think those stickers were gone within the hour:

The little bag shown with her favorite 'dancing shoes' & the bracelets (being used as necklaces for Dora the Explorer and Diego):

The skirt & shirt outfit:
(apparently practicing her runway model pout)

"CHEESE!"

Thank you again, everyone, for making this such a great swap! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2006 09:24:36 PM »

Cutie Pie! That is so funny, Ellie has her favorite dancing shoes too! And I can't get them off of her! (and she's recently decided she'snot wearing panties! UGH! Talk about the naked house!!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2006 08:35:30 PM »

i love the sparrow hoodie! were they from a fabric or inkjet? this makes me wish i had a kid. well kinda.  Lips sealed i make baby and toddler stuff even though i have no kids..i do have a 1 yr old nephew..but he doesnt live around here..my kitties dont play dress up either...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2006 08:46:50 PM »

What gorgeous kids! All of you! And such neat stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2006 06:16:15 AM »

i love the sparrow hoodie! were they from a fabric or inkjet?

I used the ink-jet transfers on some felt and then sewed it onto the hoodie.

Am considering making one for myself next...  Wink but do you think I can find a PLAIN hoodie that fits? Easier said than done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Origami Fish
How to Make an Origami Lily
How to Make an Origami Bat
How to Make an Origami Inflatable Bunny
How to Make an Origami Flapping Bird
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...