A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,538
Currently Running With Scissors:
568 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Green Day T Shirt to dress Recon - Opinions please!!  (Read 2723 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 14, 2006 05:37:15 PM »

Okay, so I made this little dress for my little punkette. I found this men's XL vintage GD T shirt and HAD to get it for her but it was WAY WAY too big... so what to do? DRESS!!  The only thing that is new on here is the black fake leather strips with the gromets in them. (I wanted to have something to tie in with the "bondage" theme in the graphic on the shirt)
Front of dress - (she likes to be silly when I take her picture)

This is the back of the dress...

And here is a closer shot of the top of the dress - with her being a sillyhead!

You cannot tell too well in the pix, but the sleeves were from a mesh top - so they are "net" and the skirt portion is from a really tiny girl's skirt. It was super easy to do and I would be willing to post a tute if anyone wants. Please let me know what  you think - and you don't have to go easy on me - I'm a biggirl.  Cheesy THANKS!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 09:04:39 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
Jelly.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006 05:41:02 PM »

Really off topic, but I LOVE your curtains!
I think its really cute and I could see my little (12 year old) sister in something like that, and I have friends who would love it too.  It suits your daughter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

haloriot
S $ Millionaire

(too many cat friends)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006 05:41:45 PM »

ok... so i'm not really a fan of green day anymore (except pre-nookie & nookie era stuff) but i have to say that is freaking adorable. you did a good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What happened to Monday?"
"Irrelevant."
Bloody Mascara
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006 05:45:22 PM »

Not only am I a huge Green Day fan, but I absolutely LOVE this!! That shirt is AWESOME!! I have never seen it before, wish I could find some awesome things like that around here Wink keep up the awesome work =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2006 04:52:47 AM »

I think its really cute and I could see my little (12 year old) sister in something like that, and I have friends who would love it too.  It suits your daughter.

The "curtain" behind her is a HUGE 9' X 7' tablecloth that was hand embroidered allover! I LOVE it too - it is one of my favorite auction finds/ things in my house. I got that - in the bottom of a bag of old nasty sheets and towels that I bought as a box lot - for $1. (Somebody was really duncing when they put THAT in the bag!!) I love it so much- I hung a crutain rod from a wall and have it hung spread out like a curtain.
Anyway... She is 12 (like your sister). In a week anyway. This was one of her birthday presents nad I just couldn't wait to give it to her when I gave her the Valentine's Day dress.
 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78959.msg751185#msg751185
Anymore critiques are welcome - coz I am about to start on a Op Ivy shirt dress for her from a shirt I was lucky enough to find at a thrift and I want it to be *perfect*.  Smiley
THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
rockfullofawesome
Oh man...

It's a craft to the death...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2006 01:27:49 PM »

I love that! Green Day used to be my All-time-number-one-favorite-band-ever-of-all-time. That is awesome that your daughter has such good taste in music, too  Cheesy

That is a rad recon, keep up the INCREDIBLE work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jelly.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006 01:41:36 PM »

The "curtain" behind her is a HUGE 9' X 7' tablecloth that was hand embroidered allover! I LOVE it too - it is one of my favorite auction finds/ things in my house. I got that - in the bottom of a bag of old nasty sheets and towels that I bought as a box lot - for $1. (Somebody was really duncing when they put THAT in the bag!!) I love it so much- I hung a crutain rod from a wall and have it hung spread out like a curtain.
Anyway... She is 12 (like your sister). In a week anyway. This was one of her birthday presents nad I just couldn't wait to give it to her when I gave her the Valentine's Day dress.
Anymore critiques are welcome - coz I am about to start on a Op Ivy shirt dress for her from a shirt I was lucky enough to find at a thrift and I want it to be *perfect*.  Smiley
THANKS!

Haha, wow, my sister is twelve-in-a-week too! On the 27th.
Thats so great and incredibly cool bout your 'curtain'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006 02:00:07 PM »

THANKS!

Why can't my local thrift stores have Op Ivy shirts?! *pouts*

Poutiness aside, you did really good work. It looks like something you'd buy in Hot Topic or a similar store. I especially like the neckline - you don't see enough square(ish) necklines, IMO. Nice job Cheesy (and by the way, your daughter has good taste in music, especially for a 12 year old! Tongue )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006 03:16:24 PM »

Yeah - I really wanted to make a neckline that was "funky"and not t shirt~y. She still does not have anything up top either - so a square neckline is good for her.  Cheesy For now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zephyr
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2006 08:56:10 PM »

My opinion is that if it were in my size, I would force you to sell it to me. It looks awesome <33 Im a huge greenday fan (mostly their old stuff but still!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Camouflage Under-Eye Bags
E.L.F. Highlighter/Concealer Duo Review
A Makeover for a Viewer Who Lost 260 Pounds
4 Ways to Feel Younger Now
5 Things to Try This December 2014: Holiday Gifts, Sips, and Beauty Tricks
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...