A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,501
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my parents 26th wedding anniversary-apparantly the theme is "original photos"  (Read 1278 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hayz
« on: February 14, 2006 03:34:25 AM »

or original painting-u know how silver wedding anniversary is silver...well 26 is original picture/painting/photo.
does anyone have any groovy ideas? that arent just putting a picture of them on their wedding day in a frame, or painting/creating a wonderful masterpiece?
maybe incorporating an original picture or painting into something other than a handmade card...
or a photo album...
or coasters lol
any ideas would be wonderful
x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
joesherryw
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006 03:44:43 AM »

I don't know if this would work for you, but I have been wanting to do something like a mixed media on canvas with photos of my family. I don't know what there tastes are but I think that would look really cool, you know adding dimension and collage basically just going to town. The other "photo gift" I love is an album in a box. I think those can be really cool, I just picked up a wooden book, maybe you could get something like that and do "their story". I did one before out of a cigar box, it probably could have been better but it wasn't for my photos. Anyway hopefully those ideas will help, doubt it but I try. Wink Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jelly.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006 03:54:48 AM »

One thing my friend does, it looks really cool, is she gets a stretched canvas, one of the thickish ones, and smallish, then paints it all one colour.  Then she prints out a photo in black and white, just off the computer, and cuts it out and glues it on really well, then paints over that with a wash of the same colour as the canvas is.  actually, on second thoughts, she might just paint the canvas now. Hmm.
Then she paints little twirly things and dotd and highlights on, with contrasting colour, and uses a gold sharpie-like pen for accents.
It looks very very cool.
She did one for her sister, it was raspberry with orange and yellow and gold and it looked so great.  I wanted one, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

giggleycraft
I'm normal.... it's the rest of the world that's insane.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006 04:08:36 AM »

If you have some time you could make a nice scrapbook.... or if they are crafty too, start a scrapbook and give some supplies so they can continue it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hayz
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006 04:09:02 AM »

thanks you guys ouve given me an idea
i like the idea of the canvas -collageing it and then painting over it so its really faint(wedding or family)-but i like the idea of it being really abstract-so u have to really look to see the pictures-my parents defo wouldnt just want a pic of themselves for the wall but if it was abstracted thatd be cool. id make it really decorative. and collagey.
i love the idea of the wooden book too- ive seen some really cute wooden boxes at camden in london which would make cute versions of the book.
thankyou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

handmade ballet flats

my etsy - http://www.footloosefancyflats.etsy.com
my web - www.footlooseandfancyflats.com (under construction)
myspace -
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Thinking Maps Differently
How Standup Comedian Creates and Refines Material
Matt Ruby on Why Standup Comedians Need a Short and Long Game
Mike Tyson On The Sheen Roast Red Carpet
Sunglasses Designer Kerin Rose Interview
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...