A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first stenciled shirt!  (Read 1264 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kraphtee87
« on: February 13, 2006 08:28:58 PM »

This isn't exactly how you crafty people stencil, mainly because I haven't had the time to go out and get the paint.  I just used sharpies.  This is an old tank top I had, so I wasn't really worried abou messing up.  Lemme know what you think!  Thanks in advance for any comments!  Wink Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
trampycouture
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006 10:04:07 PM »

LOL see my John Lennon bag post. I used sharpies as well! Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twine
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006 07:34:40 PM »

i lurv this. it reminds me of a blood brothers song called "Ambulance Vs Ambulance"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Piggies and breathers!
Superliminal
Universal Moral Solvent

Two turn tables and a microphone!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006 04:57:36 AM »

Nice; I hope it'll hold up in the wash though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Obscure references are my aeroplane.
kraphtee87
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006 05:18:50 AM »

Haha.. I've never heard of that song!  But it guess the shirt fits the title pretty well!  Wink

Yah, I'm really worried about washing it.  Who knows what will happen.  My shirt might end up tie-dyed! haha

Thanks for all the comments! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amifer
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006 01:47:55 PM »

For my grade 10 history class (way back in the day) we had to do presentations on someone who has made an impact, whether it be positive or negative, on modern society. There were people doing the typical Hitler and Einstein presentations, but my partner and I were the type to think outside the box. So we did ours on Bob Barker!

Long story short, we made shirts to wear that day (like the one's you often see on the show). Her's said "Don't worry Bob, my pets are neutered!" and mine said "Kiss me Bob! It's my birthday!" We just got plain white shirts and used Sharpies... and it worked pretty well! I still have mine.

Man, looking back, that was probably the best presentation I ever did. We got to class early and placed a name-tag on everyone's desk. They were made out of yellow bristle board and we used black markers to make them look like the ones from the show. ( http://www.members.shaw.ca/krista1/priceisright2.jpg )
We started with a ton of facts and a brief biography on Bob, and then turned it into a gameshow set up mimicking The Price Is Right! Classmates got prizes based on what they could remember from our presentation.

Anyway, sorry for my nostalgic moment...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kraphtee87
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006 02:16:20 PM »

Aww that sounds so fun!  I never did anything cool like that for my presentations.   Roll Eyes  I did a presentation on Amityville Horror my freshman year, which was cool because no one had ever heard of it, even my teacher!  But yah...  I like the way sharpie looks on tshirts.  I'm gonna have to buy more.  I have yet to wash this shirt though. haha.. I'm afraid to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheknewit
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006 12:25:40 PM »

Great job, I couldn't tell it was sharpie till I read it... I think I own every color sharpie known to man, I think I need to start putting them to real work.  Keep up the good work!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dirt_made_my_lunch

don't think twice, it's alright

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006 05:44:59 PM »

For my grade 10 history class (way back in the day) we had to do presentations on someone who has made an impact, whether it be positive or negative, on modern society. There were people doing the typical Hitler and Einstein presentations, but my partner and I were the type to think outside the box. So we did ours on Bob Barker!

Long story short, we made shirts to wear that day (like the one's you often see on the show). Her's said "Don't worry Bob, my pets are neutered!" and mine said "Kiss me Bob! It's my birthday!" We just got plain white shirts and used Sharpies... and it worked pretty well! I still have mine.

Man, looking back, that was probably the best presentation I ever did. We got to class early and placed a name-tag on everyone's desk. They were made out of yellow bristle board and we used black markers to make them look like the ones from the show. ( http://www.members.shaw.ca/krista1/priceisright2.jpg )
We started with a ton of facts and a brief biography on Bob, and then turned it into a gameshow set up mimicking The Price Is Right! Classmates got prizes based on what they could remember from our presentation.

Anyway, sorry for my nostalgic moment...

not to hijack the thread or anything but I always wanted to make a shirt that says "Pick me Bob!" and just wear it casually to see if anybody understood it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now the wintertime is coming,
The windows are filled with frost.
I went to tell everybody,
But I could not get across.
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby,
I don't wanna be your boss.
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost.
kraphtee87
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2006 07:08:40 PM »

HAHAHA!  I love that.  That's quite a funny idea.  I might have to try that!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Humpty-Dumpty Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
Spicy Meatball Submarine Sandwich Recipe
Elegant Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe
Grilled T-Bone Beef Steak Recipe
Celebration Veggie Relish Tray Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...