A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: latest but last collection of bags  (Read 4997 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arrhythmia
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006 12:14:50 PM »

Yay!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dia
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2006 07:48:39 PM »

sorry for keepin ya waitin, my server was down again Grin

...zipper top tut....

Cut ur outer & inner fabric as shown in the pic (U don't need to cut it down the middle). I had cut this fabric to make a hobo bag but instead used it for the tut.

Now place ur lining right side up, then the zipper right side up (on top of the lining) n then the outer fabric wrong side up aligning the top edge and pin it.

Sew it in place, turn over and top stitch it for a finished look. Do the same with the other side.

This is what ull get.

Now separate both the linings n the outer fabrics at one side, like so

Stitch down the sides and bottom of both, leaving 2 hole in the linings bottom to turn it inside out. Its almost the same as the slouchy hobo bag but without those extra pieces of fabric around the zipper = )

This is what ull get in the end, add ur straps the way tinafish has shown in her slouchy hobo bag tut.

Hope this helps; well this type of zipper technique can be added to ur hobo, slouchy hobo, skipping bag etc., for adding a zip top to a skipping bag this link might help.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=66512.0

For the grey bag, I used separate pieces of fabric for the sides and bottom. In the tut I didnt have much fabric so I just sewed the sides n bottom. Any prob, just ask Smiley

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011 02:54:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you are feeling stressed and about to breakdown, just remember: STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backwards... Its a piece of cake!
mata
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2006 02:18:16 AM »

Great tut!!! It reminds me of the lined zipper pouch idea. Now now.. the problem is attaching the strap :-/ I'll check the tutorial you mention and then.. if all else fails.. start running around the room screaming!! heheh
No I'm kidding ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janetsjunk
Crafty & Artistic Momma

Everything happens for a reason.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2006 04:21:35 AM »

I really love the shape and the neatness of the 2nd one and the leather one.  You do great work and all I can say is don't throw away your talents for good.  You have the rest of your life and just remember you can pick it back up anytime if you really want to.  You have a real talent.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2006 05:03:44 PM »

Thanks, dia, Love the tut!! Gotta try it this way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dia
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2006 07:27:00 PM »

thanks girls. i'd luv to see, so do share it when u're done = )

Jankel Designs - i'd luv to carry it on after marriage, hope my hubby doesn't mind that, he's really fedup, hehe. anyway, thanks for boosting up my spirits pal, ; )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you are feeling stressed and about to breakdown, just remember: STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backwards... Its a piece of cake!
mata
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006 05:43:46 AM »

i'd luv to carry it on after marriage, hope my hubby doesn't mind that, he's really fedup, hehe.
You definitely have to keep sewing.. your man will get used to it eventually. My sweetie even helps  me choose the fabrics and in choosing patterns and such! Occasionally he will threaten to throw all of my supplies (and me) out of the window.. hehe.. but he's very supportive most of the times.
A big hug from rainy Milan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tactile Pleasure in the Work of Judith Scott
Incredible Lifelike Human Statues
Lifelike Masks Created From DNA
Why Does The Art World Hate Jeff Koons?
Artist Creates Fantasy Coffins
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...