A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,797
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: latest but last collection of bags  (Read 4963 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SaraM
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006 04:44:15 PM »

I can totally understand why you would want to quit making bags. It's get really tough sometimes to motivate one's self.

but having said that... you are such a fantastic sewer and everything you make is so refined. Do you want to give that up?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilMissPink
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006 05:03:38 PM »

Quit? you can't quit. You gotta make me one.  Cheesy I love all of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everybody likes pink. People who think otherwise are in denial.
cutietds2003
my creations

tiffers

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006 07:36:19 PM »

those are really cool i really like the first one to its cool, there all good though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so many ideas so little supplies
dia
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006 12:32:06 AM »

thnks starlene, never new i'd be appreciated so much *blushes*

Your version of the store bought bag really puts it to shame.  Your bag is so neat and professional looking.
my mom was extremely happy with that bag. she said it was the most pleasing among all my bags Grin

holy crap you are GOOD!!!  extremely neat sewer!  How long have you been sewing?
well, its been about a year Smiley

Those are all awesome!  I like the jordy bag with the seed beads the best, I think.  Or maybe the skipping bag.  Hard to pick a fav!
gee, thanks Smiley

Beautiful work as always!  You have some very lucky cousins. Wink
Did I understand correctly that you're going to quit making purses?? O_O
thnks pal, well u read it right Sad  i can't carry it on. being a typical pakistani, i seldom go out for shopping. most of these bags are made out of leftovers. the first one was an old navy white pant which i dyed black but surprisingly it came out grey. the second one was bought when i went shopping with my dad. the third was also a piece of pant dyed. the fourth one was my old shirt, the netting was a scarf. the fifth one was made of an old shirt and the last three were bought. well here u see, the problem is i just can't go for shopping, no one buys me stuff, i keep screaming for about a week and then my things arrive. my recent 3 bags which were underconstruction were left unattended for about a week as i needed zippers and piping cords. i envy when i read u people go shopping and find this n that; wish i was that bold, i can't communicate openly,  my mom just gets very upset when i ask for fabrics, zippers, threads etc. wish there were a wal-mart here close by, i wouldn't have bothered anyone. another prob is that the shops are far far away. can't go there alone Sad. i know this is a very lame reason. oh! one more thing, i'm getting married in april, my mom wants me to take care of myself n also prepare my dowry and trousseau. going to be busy in future.

have to add my praises to this conversation too! Each one is so unique and done very well!
Now I know if my server were down for a month I'd me way way way more productive and get lots done too instead of sitting here on the computer adiring all that everyone else has done!   Wink
gotta get off my butt!!
thnks for the kind comments Kiss well this is the best idea when u can't use the net. i had some tuts with me so i just used them in the meantime Wink

Especially love the black dotted vinyl bag- So elegant and professional looking. Are you ready to try it in leather?
oh, i really luv leather. i told my bro once to get it for me but he's always too busy with his studies Angry

I love your color combinations, I like the one you made way better than the store bought one actually. No offence of course Wink
thnks pal, u all r so encouraging.

LilMissPink n SaraM
thnks Smiley i don't wish to but i'm helpless Cry

those are really cool i really like the first one to its cool, there all good though
thnks Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you are feeling stressed and about to breakdown, just remember: STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backwards... Its a piece of cake!
mata
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006 09:00:28 AM »

ohh you're good!! and these bags look so professional!!!!! *envy* *more envy*
you shouldn't stop making bags, since you are so talented! If you don't have materials.. I'd be happy to send you some, it's for a good cause :-) It could be in exchange of the instructions on how to put a zipper on top of the bag, like you did on the first bag (blue one, copycat of the light blue that you bought).
Please please.. I can't figure it out.. :-/
And if you want, PM me with your address, and I'll see what I can do about sending you supplies.. you could consider it a wedding gift :-)))
PS: I live in Italy
« Last Edit: February 15, 2006 09:06:58 AM by mata » THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006 10:17:16 AM »

I love all the bags you made but my favs are the last one and the pink piping one. You are a great bag maker! Maybe after things settle down some, you can make them again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SaraM
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2006 02:09:39 PM »

I'm with mata on this one. Dia I wouldn't mind sending you some material either in exchange for some tips and tricks since your bags are so professional and I am in Australia Cheesy

PM me if you want to chat some more
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigergirl
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2006 06:21:36 PM »

Your version of the blue store bought one is much better than the original!! Love the pink/grey skipping bag too - you're right, the piping is a great touch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dia
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006 09:32:38 AM »

awww....i'm speechless. u r such a great lot. u'll make it hard to quit. well i do still have some bags in my to-do list. can't wait to finish them off n share it.

i'm always ready to share any tips n techniques. well mata, i'll do a mini tut for the zipper part asap.

thnks for ur encouragement guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you are feeling stressed and about to breakdown, just remember: STRESSED is just DESSERTS spelled backwards... Its a piece of cake!
mata
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006 11:31:31 AM »

i'm always ready to share any tips n techniques. well mata, i'll do a mini tut for the zipper part asap.

Thank you!!!! Can't wait :-)))
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Celebrity Looks for Less
Naughty Makeovers for Nice Girls
Plus Size Women Show Lingerie Fits All Sizes
How To Properly Dress for a Holiday Party
How To Get the Most Out of Black Friday
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...