A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ideas for an animal park wedding  (Read 853 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kitschlover
« on: January 18, 2006 09:53:36 PM »

I have been dreaming of getting married in a drive thru animal park in Missouri.  as you drive thru, animals approach your car and you can feed them from your hands.  These are not just basic animals like deer and goats...there are buffalo, llamas, ostiches, camels, zebra and many more.  They have a special area for events and then have a large open tour bus to drive large groups of people through the park.  The wedding would be held in the events area and we will go on a group tour immediatly after.  I was wondering what ideas people have for decor, favors, music, etc.

So far I have ....
-favor bags with sanitizer (the animals like to slobber and get you messy), a bag of animal feed, a people snack
- I really want to ride down the aisle on a camel, but do not know if that is allowed.  They provide camel rides so I don't think it will be a problem.

Thanks for any help and ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EowynUlysses
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006 10:41:33 PM »

That sounds really neat! I am all about untraditional weddings.
I'm guessing any music would have to be live and not need any sort of amplification. (Or maybe I am envisioning the set-up incorrectly.) Ummm. Bagpipes are fun. A jazz group would be awesome as well.
Maybe I'm not being much help. Most of what I can think of seems more fitting for a Girl Scout party than a wedding.
My parents got married at a zoo though! People are always amused by that fact.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps are fun!

Fun websites to give for free: thehungersite.com, freerice.com, care2.com

Wanted: Sock yarn scraps for a shawl.
dee521

bear paws make me happy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006 11:21:44 AM »

sounds like a great idea! i got married outside at a museum/mansion and we had guest tours while we took photos...it was fantastic! a lot of people liked that they got to do something fun instead of just sitting around in between. i would sit down with the site's managers and ask very specifically what you can and can't have there....i know our place had lots of rules. we had a dj, which sounded great, but there might be noise restrictions, limits on what equipment they can bring in, etc etc etc.
i love the sanitizer thing  Tongue maybe animal crackers for the people snack? for reception decor i'm imaging very rustic, safari-like....lots of fake (or real) trees inside, torches/candles all around?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006 05:51:41 PM »

LOVE the idea...very offbeat and fun. I did a wedding last year for my old roommate and he and his wife were married at the zoo here. And, in keeping with the theme, and as his wife picked all instrumental Disney music for the ceremony (hey, she loved working at Disneyland) their recessional song was "Hakuna Matata" from Lion King. Nobody knew but them and the DJ...it was hysterical...and so fun, they skipped back down the aisle after getting married.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
QueenBeez
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006 01:23:05 PM »

I have been dreaming of getting married in a drive thru animal park in Missouri.

I really think I've been here. I can't remember what it's called, or exactly where it is, but I think my parents took us as little kids when we went to St. Louis. I think it sounds like a fun idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kitschlover
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006 07:22:27 PM »

Thanks for all of the ideas and input!

It is called "Exotic Animal Paradise" and is located off I-44 in Strafford, MO - 10 miles from Springfield, MO.  Everyone should go!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Killer Cat Eye
The Right Way to Apply and Wear Red Lipstick
The Best Makeup for Winter
Tips For Avoiding Dry Winter Skin
Top 6 Problem Solving Winter Beauty Products
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...