A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Detachable (perforated) RSVPs... prefer accordion style?  (Read 1249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

veloria
« on: February 08, 2006 10:46:28 PM »

I've done some searching on here and other sites and have found nada that is blank. Does anyone know where I can find cards or paper that is accordion style (aka z fold) that has the tear-off RSVPs? I keep looking and looking and find nothing. Sad

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyhooker
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006 03:46:37 AM »

Gosh I dunno,  maybe you could get your local print shop to perforate you some paper.  I know mine will do that.  Don't think Kinkos,, I mean like a real printer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
swift

That's never a pit bull!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006 03:47:45 AM »

Are you looking to do this yourself, or do you want pre-printed? I ask because you could do a perforation yourself using a paper cutter with a perforating edge (not sure what it is called, but I do own one.) You can fold the parts you want to fold using a bone folder (to make them nice and sharp), then perforate the part you want to come off. Just a thought...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's not an obsession. It's a quest for excellence!"
hsoud
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006 10:04:12 AM »

DIY would probably be your best bet-- it'd probably cheaper as well.

http://www.thebestthings.com/photoimg/carl.htm   <---- Has perforated blades and rotary cutters suitable to use with those blades.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will betroth you to me forever;
       I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,
       in love and compassion.
Hosea 2:19
veloria
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006 11:36:48 AM »

You gals (errrr maybe guys too) rock! I've never done much paper work, so I didn't even know you could perforate on your own! And, yes, I am looking to make our invites because we're poor and I think it would be fun. Plus, we have currently have plenty of time.

Thanks again! I love this place. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
n u l l g a l
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006 11:44:49 AM »

Isn't that funny?  Before coming to this website, it never would have occured to me that I could perforate my own paper.  My husband and I made our announcements, and it saved us so much money, and they looked great.  Congratulations! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fear not, for I am with you.
Is. 41:10
parlervousfrancais

^they call me monkey shines jake.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006 11:46:03 AM »

you can also perforate paper by simply sewing down (with no thread) where you want it to tear off, just be sure to test out the stitch length first, too far away and it wont tear easily, too close together and it might come apart when you don't want it to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jack sparrow for president.
hsoud
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006 01:32:59 PM »

you can also perforate paper by simply sewing down (with no thread) where you want it to tear off, just be sure to test out the stitch length first, too far away and it wont tear easily, too close together and it might come apart when you don't want it to.

Okay, so I just tried this. I used a pink-colored card stock and plain white paper to compare. The colored card stock worked okay. I played around with the stitch length, but never got a super clean tear, even with bending it first. Also, another downer of the card stock is the back looked quite sad since in order to create the perforating, the needle pushed down and through the card, which left the back with the remnants of what was pushed through-- white paper that is between the pink layers. So, I tried plain white computer paper in hopes of success, and it worked wonderfully. It tore quite easily after just folding it once, and the back didn't look as pitiful since it was white paper. If you don't mind a little yuckness on the back, I'd say this is probably the greatest idea ever. Otherwise, I think I'd just invest twenty bucks in a paper cutter with perforating add-on.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006 01:51:38 PM by hsoud » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will betroth you to me forever;
       I will betroth you in righteousness and justice,
       in love and compassion.
Hosea 2:19
kristiface
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006 02:39:40 PM »

You might want to search the internet for "send and seal" invites.  I think all I've seen of those so far have been printed already and you order them customized; but I  didn't search high and low, so it's possible that you might be able to find some blank ones that you can diy a bit.  I think they tend to be pretty inexpensive even if you order them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Joy is but the sign that creative emotion is fulfilling its purpose.
-- Charles Du Bos
alliekat79
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2006 06:44:58 PM »

www.paperdirect.com has Fold-Up invites that sound like what you're looking for.
See them here http://www.paperdirect.com/Fold+Up+Invitations/cid=952/shop.axd/Products

Allison
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Megi Simpson
How to Draw Megaman
How to Draw Maximus
How to Draw Martian Manhunter
How to Draw Mandark
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...