A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Albany Area Crafters  (Read 1528 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onecraftygreek
Like it says im one crafty greek

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2004 01:31:30 PM »

just wanted to see if there were any crafters from albany with any really cool fabric shops other than joann walmart and alfreds?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004 06:24:30 PM »

I work in an Alfred's (the one in Scotia). Fabric stores are rare these days. Do you knit? There's some kick-ass yarn shops in Saratoga. What kinds of stuff do you make? Where in the Albany area do you live? I'm up towards Saratoga.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004 10:51:14 AM »

Just found out, the Yard Stick in Cobleskill is closing. Big sales!!!! Go, run like the wind, buy stuff!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
onecraftygreek
Like it says im one crafty greek

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004 04:39:54 PM »

I work in an Alfred's (the one in Scotia). Fabric stores are rare these days. Do you knit? There's some kick-ass yarn shops in Saratoga. What kinds of stuff do you make? Where in the Albany area do you live? I'm up towards Saratoga.

ive tried to knit but it just doesnt work for me; but i love buying yarn and i love those shops in saratoga.
i make handbags, and im soon to be moving to my apartment right by saint rose cuz i go im a senior there. oh and by the way i love alfreds! i didnt even know there was another one other than the styvensant plaza one! where exactitly is this scotia one??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hiptobeme
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004 08:15:57 PM »

HOw about AC Moore near the Latham circle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taking a break from Craftster so I can finish up my swaps!
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004 04:09:31 AM »

Alfred's is on Rt. 50 in Scotia in the Price Chopper Plaze and everything is 20% off. So come in and buy things because I want it to close so I can open my own shop. (my evil plan)

If you two decide to find it, I work EVERYDAY but Sunday. I'm always there on Saturdays from noon until close. Ask for Mary. Introduce yourselves. Maybe we can share craft ideas or have tea or somethnig.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
Lady Crafter
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004 06:47:44 AM »

There are quilting fabric shops...  Nine Patch in Burnt Hills, Flying Geese on Rte 155, Quilt Shop at Northway Exit 8, Log Cabin in Ravena.   These are pricier than Walmart/JoAnn/Alfreds, but I guess you get what you pay for.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004 08:13:12 AM »

i used to live up in that area and i had to purchase fabrics online to get really good stuff...joanns will do in a pinch and im sorry to say butterflymary but alfreds didnt impress me at all...i guess if thats the type of fabric and not really top name brand than that may be the place..but when i went in the girls were too busy talking about what they did the night before and never acknowledged that i was in the place...nobody asked if i was looking for anything special,if i needed help..nothing...so i got some rickrac and left..and even when the girls were ringing me out, they never stopped talking about last night..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2004 04:35:15 AM »

I'm sorry for the crappy experience. It figures they didn't shut up. I could name them all right here, too. Other than the chatty Cathy's, if you've never been to the place before, it takes some getting used to. The owner took it over from his uncle  and does things the same way (everything seems very schlockey). There's some good deals in there. Honestly, I wish the place would close. I want to open my own place in Ballston Spa. Oh, and if you go back, the morning lady might bite. She's been there 27 years and it shows. I'm not there much like I used to be a month or so ago. I still show up later on Saturdays. I hope you'll come back and look for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004 03:37:04 AM »

i usually go and visit the family once a year...its about all i can take of some of them..heh...the store sounds cool..i know we could use a store with actual cool and different fabrics in it...its like they just order the same stuff..if you want different stuff you order online..or as i do, direct from manufacture by the bolt...its a lot of fabric i know...well even if they stay in business you should still try...having something that others dont would be a perk!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Read Your Camera Light Meter
Photography Tips: Using Fill Flash
Birthday and Other Events Photography Tips
Photography Supplies and Gear For Cold Weather Shoots
3 Rules for Better Underwater Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...