A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: British Cross Stitching magazines  (Read 831 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mistress_batty
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Batty Bat Bat

happy hookin' mistress

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 12, 2006 08:08:59 AM »

The two I get are "CrossStitchers" and "The World of CrossStitching" (I know there are more in that family, I just can't find them in the bookstore I go to in WA).....but yeah.... I love these sooo much. lol
   When I lived at home, in Vermont, I used to look through all my frandmother's cross stitch magazines and it seemed to always be the same stuff....like country farm home motifs and not that many patterns to boot.
 Now that I'm out here in a new state for college....I get the fun things that a small town doesn't have....like Barnes & Noble! lol
  The other day I was in there looking \through the crafty mag section and found those two imported cross stitching magazines.....and had to go back in yesterday to pick up the new ones. lol
  It seems like the bookstore gets them.....late (I just got the Jan. 06 issue in  Feb...) but other than that these are great.
  They have anywhere from 60 - 70 or more patterns, free kits (at least for the past couple issues there have been free kits included...not sure if it's always like that....but I'm thinking so because in the 'In the next issue'....area they said there would be another free kit.......um yeah, there's more modern stuff I guess.....they have cute characters like Tatty Teddy, Hello Archie!, and Eliot & Buttons, there are Disney & Winnie the Pooh stuff, mini projects, big projects, great holiday issues.....and one of my favorite parts is how much help they offer in the magazines. Tips on how to do what and suggestions for what to do with your work.
   They also include sections for penpals, cross stitch, and this neat page that is sayings....and they're all from other countries so I find it really interesting to hear common sayings from somewhere new.....
   I'm jealous at all the cool material they show that I can't find in town though.....like Adia paper. !!! Freakin' paper you cross stitch on. lol I'm a nerd sorry. lol
   But yeha...I just needed to sing the praises of the imports. <3
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006 11:45:48 AM by mistress_batty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Solorn

Doesn't play well with others

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006 03:18:54 PM »

I have a ton of patterns and old cross stitch mags including free kits! I've been collecting them for years now and I'm a Brit. If you ever want anything specific etc gimme a yell or PM me. I'm sure we can come up with something:)

Or you can order it at http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/store/displayitem.asp?sid=471&id=4338

Hope that helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 6/6
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 13/28
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 2/6
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 3/6
How to Crochet a Sidesaddle Shell Stitch Part 1/6
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...